Maine-iacs do Disney - Day 4 (part 1 Epcot)

snowman

DIS Veteran
Day 4 – Future World & Birthday Cruise
Cast – Snowman (AKA Tia, obsessive trip planner, 2nd trip to WDW)
Stoney (AKA Darla, Cinderella fan, 2nd trip to WDW)
Carl (the nephew, turning 7 at WDW, 1st trip to WDW)
Dates – Nov 11-17, 2000
Resort – Dixie Landings

Day 4 – We decided to sleep in. Tia was in the shower when the phone rang at 8:30. It was Carl’s grandmother (surprise for him, she is joining us on the Fireworks cruise, he thinks she is still in Maine). With the unexpected wakeup call, we are underway early.

We decide to have breakfast at Boatwrights before heading off to Epcot. Tia had the Farmer’s Feast. On a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 6. The biscuits were good, the scrambled eggs & homefries were pretty good, but the sausage gravy was cold & tasted weird. Darla had the JC’s Combo. She thought it was about a 7, giving the Dixie French Toast 3 thumbs up. Carl just wanted scrambled eggs and biscuits, but sampled everybody’s breakfast. While the food was pretty good (we went back on our last day), our server that morning left a lot to be desired. He practically threw our check at us. With tip the meal cost us $35.00.

After breakfast we head over to Future World at Epcot. Of course it is starting to mist and none of us have a slicker. No problem, most of FW are indoor pavillions anyway. We hit Innoventions West first. We weren’t overly impressed w/ Innoventions West so we skipped Innoventions East. The best thing at Innoventions West was sending the e-postcards home and getting the free picture on our way out. We spent about an hour in here, checking things out.

As soon as we step out of Innoventions it starts to pour. So Darla goes to buy rain slickers all around. Of course 10 mins after we put them on, the rain stops. We start over towards Test Track. It is only about 11:30 and the stand by line is an hour & the Fastpass return time is 5:30-6:30. So we decide we don’t want to do it that badly and head over to the Wonders of Life Pavillion. We walk on to Body Wars which was rated wonderful by all members of our party. From there we check out some of the smaller displays before heading in to Cranium Command. The only wait there was for the next show to start. This is a cute movie, once. While I’m glad we did it, I certainly wouldn’t go out of my way to see it again. Carl thought it was kind of lame. After CC, Darla had to have a cig, and Carl still wanted to look around, so I told her to go and Carl and I would meet her in front of Universe of Energy.

Tia bought a Mickey ice cream for herself & Carl got an Itsakadoozie and we sat to wait for Darla. Her timing was perfect, she got there just before the end of the preshow, so we only had to sit through a little of that before walking on to the ride. Carl thought the dinosaurs were pretty neat but that the movie was boring. Nice, dry, cool way to take a break. After U of E we head over to Living Seas. We only spent a short time there as tempers were running short, so we decided to go back to the resort since it was already about 4:00 and we had to be at the Boardwalk at 8:15 for our I2K cruise.

What a nice suprise! I'm sure seeing Grandma made his day. Sounds like you had a good day too. Cant wait to read more!

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>
mickey87.gif
jump.cgi

Sounds great...

I agree that cranium command was a little lame..

My kids loved it, but seemed a little boring to me.. I have already marked it off the must do list when we return in March...

Keep up with the posting!!

belle02.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter