Maint Fees

Tinkerbelloncapecod

Tinkerbelloncapecod
Hi. I can't seem to find my paperwork and someone was asking me why VB has a high maint fee. I am assuming it's because it's near the beach and salt water and all.

What's the Maint Fee for BW, HH, VB, OKW and WL? I think HH is the lowest with OKW next. I tried to do a search but didnt get anywhere.

Thanks.

Rorobou@netzero.net

Here on the dues for 2001. OKW is the lowest followed by HHI.

OKW = $3.13
BWV = $3.83
HH = $3.32
Vero= $3.97
VWL = $3.63

I think part of the high cost of dues at Vero is due to the relatively small number of owners due to the small size of the resort. You still have to pay to run the Inn and the pool and the health club, etc. with a smaller group to spread the costs around. Also, it may be higher maintaining waterfront property as you suggest.

The smaller number of members at Vero are currently paying taxes on all of the undeveloped land owned by DVC. Now that the plans for a larger resort have been scaled back, some of the land has been put up for sale. When the land sells the dues should go down slightly.

PamOKW....

Gotta' hand it to you....anyone wants to know current dues you are the quickest on the draw every time! :)

Please don't read any sarcasm or anything into this....just good old admiration for someone who has the good info at her fingertips. :cool:

I would also expect the dues to come down when it sells out.More members splitting up the total annual fees should result in lower dues.

Originally posted by KNWVIKING
I would also expect the dues to come down when it sells out.More members splitting up the total annual fees should result in lower dues.
I doubt it as I'm sure DVD pays the fees on the unsold portion, if anything, I would expect the fees to remain stable or climb slightly over time. In large part it depends on how aggressive the area gets with taxes. HH has increased their taxes significantly in the last 2-3 years, so you may see HH fees rise as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter