Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure how the Mary Poppins ride would work with all the embargo around Disney using her character/face so much. Unless it will be more a likeness of Emily Blunt?

Was in the world over the last week and I heard two different sets of cast members talking about a Tentative December 1st 2019 Open date for Galaxy's Edge. Make sense with Episode 9 also coming out a few weeks later. Just take with a grain of salt, but figured I'd pass the info on.

Was in the world over the last week and I heard two different sets of cast members talking about a Tentative December 1st 2019 Open date for Galaxy's Edge. Make sense with Episode 9 also coming out a few weeks later. Just take with a grain of salt, but figured I'd pass the info on.
That was the date we were originally planning on landing in Orlando for our next visit. We've made a decision to hold off until early 2020. I realize crowds will still be crazy, but I can't imagine arriving there on the day it actually opens.

That was the date we were originally planning on landing in Orlando for our next visit. We've made a decision to hold off until early 2020. I realize crowds will still be crazy, but I can't imagine arriving there on the day it actually opens.
We made the mistake of going to Animal Kingdom on the first day Pandora opened; never again. Another mistake we made was being at Epcot on the last weekend of the Food and Wine Festival -- another never again!

Haha you’ve made my crazy side come out now. My husband and I are going to DL for the holiday season this year and am toying with becoming AP holders again. The only reason being is we are trying to work out if we can fit another trip in as we desperately want to be at DL’s Galaxys Edge on opening.

We have our free dining at WDW booked for next holiday season. If Galaxys Edge opens there on December 1st (also our wedding anniversary :love:) we would be there for that opening day too. Has to be done right?! So yeah, I’m the one who is thinking of being there on both opening days :crowded:

Last edited:

I am sure Disney already has a hard open date for SWGE. With the new ticket tiering, I don't see them adding anything new without making sure those days and the days following are "top tier" prices.

So were the rumours I read about WDW being behind with GE untrue? I’ve only read about them on one (I would call reptuable) blog but not seen mentioned anywhere else really.

So were the rumours I read about WDW being behind with GE untrue? I’ve only read about them on one (I would call reptuable) blog but not seen mentioned anywhere else really.
The opening time frame for GE was announced to be Late Fall 2019, little over a year from now. Late Fall could be Nov 15th until Dec 21st. As far as anyone knows, it is set to open in that window. What delay did you see rumored?

The opening time frame for GE was announced to be Late Fall 2019, little over a year from now. Late Fall could be Nov 15th until Dec 21st. As far as anyone knows, it is set to open in that window. What delay did you see rumored?

Thank you. Just a very simple, reports are that it is already delayed and won’t open until at least Jan 2020. Don’t really want to name and shame as it is a popular blog but thought it was wierd I hadn’t seen it picked up anywhere else.

Just checked again and apparently there were credible rumours. This blog post was published in May this year. I can’t find anything about these rumours elsewhere so let’s hope it was nothing!

Just checked again and apparently there were credible rumours. This blog post was published in May this year. I can’t find anything about these rumours elsewhere so let’s hope it was nothing!
Who published this blog post?

From everything I have heard it is still scheduled for "Late Fall". Obviously that can change as it is construction, and any number of things can delay an opening. I think at this point though it will open in 2019 no matter what, as the technical first day of winter is Dec 21st. My money is still on November 14th, giver or take a few days.

Thanks,

I like Tom, I am wondering why he thinks there are credible rumors of it being pushed back to 2020. I haven't seen any at this point.

I guess that’s why I didn’t want to post it at first because I also like Tom’s work. But I just haven’t seen this rumour anywhere else.

Not sure why I’m being so coy about posting it. It was Disney Tourist Blog - 8th paragraph down:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-opening-seasons/

We may be reading it wrong...or it may be written poorly. The credible rumors could be about the fact that the land is behind schedule not that it will open in January. His assumption is they may push it to January so it doesn't open during the peak of the holiday season. There have been posts in the past about the land being behind, and suffering more delays due to last years hurricanes. As far as his assumption of them not wanting to open during peak holiday season, Disney has not had any issue in the past doing that. Pandora opened during Memorial day weekend and toy story land opened during 4th of July weekend. Granted SWGE is a different animal, I don't see them delaying this opening as it would be 10 times the PR mess of ROL delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter