Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Just a very simple, reports are that it is already delayed and won’t open until at least Jan 2020. Don’t really want to name and shame as it is a popular blog but thought it was wierd I hadn’t seen it picked up anywhere else.
I can't see Disney NOT having SWGE open by the time Episode IX opens. It is too huge of a promotion opportunity to miss. Heck.. maybe they will just have it open the same weekend having some huge crossover promotion stuff going on.

DL's SWGE and then WDWs SWGE will give 5-6 months of hype to help promote episode IX (which probably needs it after the mediocre (from the fans perspective) Last Jedi and disappointing (ticket sales-wise) Solo. Episode IX will need some outside hype compared to episode VII and VIII .. which hyped themselves.

Any news on the Space Mountain exit? I seen a few pics of the new exit by the entrance but didn’t see any timeframe for completion or if the moving sidewalk is going away.

Any news on the Space Mountain exit? I seen a few pics of the new exit by the entrance but didn’t see any timeframe for completion or if the moving sidewalk is going away.

From a couple days ago. Still seems heavily under work. So not opening too soon.

Attachments

• IMG_6634.JPG
    IMG_6634.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 58
Is the work in the Rivers of America done yet? Is the Liberty Belle running?
I know work is being done on Tom Sawyer (and won't be open for my Nov. trip), but hadn't heard about the steamboat yet.

Is the work in the Rivers of America done yet? Is the Liberty Belle running?
I know work is being done on Tom Sawyer (and won't be open for my Nov. trip), but hadn't heard about the steamboat yet.
River is filled back up but the Riverboat is not running yet.

:) The WDWNT theory about SWGE opening between December 17 and 20 because ticket prices were only available till December 16, 2019 is already out of the window... Ticket prices have now been released for the remainder of the year, prices for around Christmas are equal to the prices around Thanksgiving.
That's good to know that they won't be jacking ticket prices up simply for the SWGE opening.
Though I suspect they will have some sort of hard-ticket event to get 'exclusive' early access or something.

:) The WDWNT theory about SWGE opening between December 17 and 20 because ticket prices were only available till December 16, 2019 is already out of the window... Ticket prices have now been released for the remainder of the year, prices for around Christmas are equal to the prices around Thanksgiving.
Yup. My (sarcastic) post was from almost a month ago, referencing a previous discussion. :)

Im guessing this is why disney decided to start tier pricing now, because most people that frequent wdw buy their tickets around a year in advance or def before the famous February price increase. This way they capitalize on the tier pricing and it doesn't appear to be specific to swge, although we all know the increase is 90% due to swge and 10%
among other upgrades as well.

The railroad closure just says December. Do we know when in December or does that mean it starts on the 1st?

Read through the whole thread, great info! Quick couple of questions:
1. Has there been any updates to an expected completion date of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway?
2. I see a date of 2019 for the Space restaurant in EPCOT, does that still hold true?
We're visiting in September 2019 and wondering if either would actually be a possibility for our trip.

Read through the whole thread, great info! Quick couple of questions:
1. Has there been any updates to an expected completion date of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway?
2. I see a date of 2019 for the Space restaurant in EPCOT, does that still hold true?
We're visiting in September 2019 and wondering if either would actually be a possibility for our trip.

Martin Smith (Disney insider who posts regularly at wdwmagic) says August - September is likely for MMRR. I can't speak to the Space Restaurant as I haven't been following that as closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts