Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
In memoriam for 2018. We also lost a few select entertainment things like select Citizens of Hollywood performers and the Showbot robot in Tomorrowland.

Things that have closed in 2018
1. Flights of Wonder Jan. 1st, 2018
2. Circle of Life film at The Land - February 4th, 2018
3. LittleMissMatched Disney Springs February 25th, 2018
4. Sweet Spells at Hollywood Studios - April 16th, 2018
5. Pixar Place June 30th, 2018
6. Simba's Clubhouse Animal Kingdom Lodge July 31st, 2018
7. Sandcastle Club Beach Club July 31st, 2018
8. Lilo's Playhouse Polynesian July 31st, 2018
9. Sammy Duvall's Watersports August 30th, 2018
10. Disney Junior Live On Stage September 2nd, 2018
11. Disney Design a Tee Disney Springs September 2018
12. Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial September 30th, 2018
13. Starlord and Groot Meet at DHS September 30th, 2018
14. Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial September 30th, 2018
15. Rafiki's Planet Watch October 2018
16. The Disney Corner October 2018
17. Move It Shake It Dance and Play It! December 2nd, 2018
18. Artist Point December 2018
19. Mickey's Backyard BBQ December 31st, 2018
20. Stitch's Great Escape (no specific date)
That looks like a lot, but I wonder how many of these the average guest — or even big WDW fan will notice and/ or care about?

The only one our family cares about is 1. And that’s because the replacement is horrifically bad.

(I think 12 and 14 are the same item)

That looks like a lot, but I wonder how many of these the average guest — or even big WDW fan will notice and/ or care about? The only one our family cares about is 1. And that’s because the replacement is horrifically bad.
This is a great point. I only care about one of them, and there are more things being added than I've "lost".

That looks like a lot, but I wonder how many of these the average guest — or even big WDW fan will notice and/ or care about?

The only one our family cares about is 1. And that’s because the replacement is horrifically bad.

(I think 12 and 14 are the same item)
Thanks for pointing out the duplicate. I’m guessing the one you are talking about is the bird show? I haven’t seen the replacement simply because of the bad reviews.

I would think some families miss the kids clubs at deluxe resorts. I do miss Rafikis myself but that is supposedly returning.

Thanks for pointing out the duplicate. I’m guessing the one you are talking about is the bird show? I haven’t seen the replacement simply because of the bad reviews.

I would think some families miss the kids clubs at deluxe resorts. I do miss Rafikis myself but that is supposedly returning.
Yes — I’m sure you’re right about the kids clubs. We never used them and now the kids are 12 and 13!

The bird show is horrible. Truly. Makes me really sad. I’m hoping they go back to the drawing board.

I would think some families miss the kids clubs at deluxe resorts.
I will miss the kids' clubs. The alternatives are not convenient for us at all, and our next trip is over our 15th anniversary. I'd love a no-hassle date night at WDW.

I just assumed that you mention the Pirate Tutorial twice because you were as broke up as we were. We were lucky enough to be there for the last show My daughter worked Photopass for it (although not that day). She got ER and joined us on stage I swear half the guests were cast members that were involved with it. There were a lot of tears.

Fox News did a year end roundup of 2019 attractions expected to open in WDW and suggested that the Epcot space-themed restaurant should also open in 2019. Of course, no source cited.

Is this realistic? Has anyone heard any strong rumours of an opening date?

I guess a restaurant can be churned out faster than an attraction but thought speculation was that this would have some great theming with screens. Maybe I was expecting too much high tech?

Fox News did a year end roundup of 2019 attractions expected to open in WDW and suggested that the Epcot space-themed restaurant should also open in 2019. Of course, no source cited.

Is this realistic? Has anyone heard any strong rumours of an opening date?

I guess a restaurant can be churned out faster than an attraction but thought speculation was that this would have some great theming with screens. Maybe I was expecting too much high tech?
Yes it should open by the end of this year. It’s well underway.

I admit I only read the first post, so maybe this was already addressed. But should Artists Point still be listed as closed in 2018? I realize the format has changed significantly, but I think it is still identified as Artists Point. I love this thread! I have sent it to so many people for many different reasons. It's a great place to stay up to date!

Hmm. So I have two day tickets that I was supposed to use at the end of November, hoping for Galaxie's Edge to be open. But I'll probably get to see DL's during D23.

So now I'm thinking of using my tickets in early October.

It looks like there is a possibility of the following being open (don't care about Disney Springs restaurants or hotels/DVC):

Epcot Space Restaurant (I hope it is open, that would be so much fun)
Gondolas
Runaway Railway
Epcot Forever (Wakanda Forever, as I think of it)
Japan Restaurant
DHS Show
Canada movie update

Did I miss anything (don't care about B&TB sing a long)? That is actually quite a bit to look forward to. I've also never seen Toy Story Land.

I think I'd be pretty pleased with just the Runaway Railway or Space Restaurant.

Hmm. So I have two day tickets that I was supposed to use at the end of November, hoping for Galaxie's Edge to be open. But I'll probably get to see DL's during D23.

So now I'm thinking of using my tickets in early October.

It looks like there is a possibility of the following being open (don't care about Disney Springs restaurants or hotels/DVC):

Epcot Space Restaurant (I hope it is open, that would be so much fun)
Gondolas
Runaway Railway
Epcot Forever (Wakanda Forever, as I think of it)
Japan Restaurant
DHS Show
Canada movie update

Did I miss anything (don't care about B&TB sing a long)? That is actually quite a bit to look forward to. I've also never seen Toy Story Land.

I think I'd be pretty pleased with just the Runaway Railway or Space Restaurant.
When you say DHS show are you referring to the Lightning McQueen show? If not, that is another new thing that will be open.

When you say DHS show are you referring to the Lightning McQueen show? If not, that is another new thing that will be open.

Nope, was talking about the nighttime show. But yeah, Lightning McQueen. Though I'm still confused about what exactly that will be, but I think most people are.

It kind of gets lost in the shuffle and hype of Galaxy’s Edge, but any word on the progress of Runaway Railway? The completion date is listed as Fall 2019, is that still on track? My dad says when they were there for Marathon Weekend there was no date advertised anywhere. Has it fallen behind or is it just waiting a bit to publicly display a potential opening season?

It kind of gets lost in the shuffle and hype of Galaxy’s Edge, but any word on the progress of Runaway Railway? The completion date is listed as Fall 2019, is that still on track? My dad says when they were there for Marathon Weekend there was no date advertised anywhere. Has it fallen behind or is it just waiting a bit to publicly display a potential opening season?
Still on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!