Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is confirmed yet as it is still too far out. We will have several new attractions in time for the 50th. The rumor is Summer 2021 through 2022 for the celebration. Another rumors states we will have 50 new things (attractions, entertainment, special things, etc.) for the 50th. That includes attractions like Tron and Guardians. Also remember a lot could hinder the celebration such as the Fox deal and/or a recession.

Thanks! I was just talking to my daughter today about future options for a family trip and we were discussing the potential of going during the 50th. I knew I had read some stuff about it but couldn't find it. You answered my questions, thanks again!

Thanks! I was just talking to my daughter today about future options for a family trip and we were discussing the potential of going during the 50th. I knew I had read some stuff about it but couldn't find it. You answered my questions, thanks again!
The 50th does factor into our plans. We do three trips in a 12 month period, then skip a year. We're visiting the week before Christmas this year, next March, and two weeks before Christmas next year. So in considering when that would place our next year, we might have gone Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Fall 2021, but I think we'll skip an extra six months, at least, to catch Spring 2021, Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.

Hi Ryan! Love all the work you do on the DIS. I wanted to let you know that POFQ should be done with its refurbs by mid-July and then they will start on Riverside and are scheduled to finish there by the end of this year. I have been researching FQ due to an upcoming trip. :)

Hi Ryan! Love all the work you do on the DIS. I wanted to let you know that POFQ should be done with its refurbs by mid-July and then they will start on Riverside and are scheduled to finish there by the end of this year. I have been researching FQ due to an upcoming trip. :)
Thanks!

Somewhere online I saw photos of one of the gondola cars arriving on the back of a truck. Does that mean things are progressing quite nicely? Coming back to Disney in May 2019 and it would be so cool if it was ready.

Somewhere online I saw photos of one of the gondola cars arriving on the back of a truck. Does that mean things are progressing quite nicely? Coming back to Disney in May 2019 and it would be so cool if it was ready.
They should be ready right around late Spring early Summer 2019.

Number 12 on first page has star wars resort opening with SWGE. I'm assuming that was written when it was first announced...can't see it finishing by then now, I don't think they've gone vertical yet...have they?

This thread is really awesome thanks for all the info. rteetz!
I didn’t see Tron on the list. My family is really looking forward to that one. Isn’t that suppose to open for the 50th too?

Number 12 on first page has star wars resort opening with SWGE. I'm assuming that was written when it was first announced...can't see it finishing by then now, I don't think they've gone vertical yet...have they?

They have not gone vertical. They haven't even poured concrete. They're still moving around dirt on the site to elevation specs

That's odd, everything I've seen about SWGE says they were planning on opening at the end of 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!