major help needed from the t-shirt experts!

gigi1313

DIS Veteran
we are going on a two family trip in january to wdw and i am in charge of getting shirts for everyone... i don't mind spending a few bucks, but the other mom squeaks (LOL) and i don't want to spend "her money for her" but i was put in charge, so i have to decide between my lazy spendy ways and her cheapo ways and find shirts for 8 people in a LARGE variety of sizes... oh, and they either have to be matching or "similar" (i.e. each person's fave character on their shirt)...

i have checked out zazzle.com and found sooo many to choose from, but at $20 a shirt, i know the other mom would flip... i have also checked out dharma.com (??) for tee-shirt "blanks" to make my own which were cheap but i do not have an artistic bone in my body... soooooo... what to do?! HELP! SUGGESTIONS! IDEAS! OFFERS!

please and thank you :worship:

Go to two differ threads....Kate tshirt thread and make request thread. You will see lots of designs to choose from that can be personlized. If you post your request on the make request thread you may get more input. All you do is print on transfer paper and then iron on the shirts. You can also PM Kate and if you provide the shirts she will print and iron for you at good price then mail back to you.....Good Luck

gigi1313 said:
we are going on a two family trip in january to wdw and i am in charge of getting shirts for everyone... i don't mind spending a few bucks, but the other mom squeaks (LOL) and i don't want to spend "her money for her" but i was put in charge, so i have to decide between my lazy spendy ways and her cheapo ways and find shirts for 8 people in a LARGE variety of sizes... oh, and they either have to be matching or "similar" (i.e. each person's fave character on their shirt)...

i have checked out zazzle.com and found sooo many to choose from, but at $20 a shirt, i know the other mom would flip... i have also checked out dharma.com (??) for tee-shirt "blanks" to make my own which were cheap but i do not have an artistic bone in my body... soooooo... what to do?! HELP! SUGGESTIONS! IDEAS! OFFERS!

please and thank you :worship:

Hi Gigi1313 :wave2:

LOL at the Squeaky Mom. There are many, many great designs floating around here. You could find one you like and print it out and just iron it on yourself. (check out Nick&Julia's Mom's Thread, she has a ton of designs!) You can even put in a request for something specific or personalized. Chances are it's been done at some point. ;) What characters, etc are you looking for?

okay... here's what i am thinking... either a group shirt (like the fab 5 or something) for everyone to wear or 8 shirts each w/a diff't characters (each person's fave: princess jasmine, cindy, buzz, stitch, snow white, tink, tigger and mickey)...

how do i find a request thread? and do you print iron-ons right thru your computer printer? (do i sound like dopey here?!)

gigi1313 said:
okay... here's what i am thinking... either a group shirt (like the fab 5 or something) for everyone to wear or 8 shirts each w/a diff't characters (each person's fave: princess jasmine, cindy, buzz, stitch, snow white, tink, tigger and mickey)...

how do i find a request thread? and do you print iron-ons right thru your computer printer? (do i sound like dopey here?!)

Yep, you can buy iron on transfers. I get mine at Walmart in the office supplies section. There are ones for light & dark fabric. The shirt request thread is here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=955786

Gigi - I have a lot of group designs - follow the link in my signature - I am more than happy to customize anything you want!!!

just send me a pm

wow, you gals are amazing... okay... i know i definitely want the Yankees/Mickey for ds... he will flip, his two favorite things! LOL!

about the group shirts... i will go thru the designs again (sooo much to think about) and select something and PM you... THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!! I really expected this to be complicated! LOL!

Don't worry, you're in good hands. And the actual ironing on is so simple, too. This is something even my DH could do :rotfl2: only don't let him hear me say that! There are fabulous designs on all these threads, you're going to find that the hard part is deciding what you want to do. You could always do what most of us do, we do different shirts for the different days. Of course, that probably wouldn't sit well with the squeaky aunt, huh? :rotfl:

Enjoy your time looking around. We love newcomers here.

thanks for the warm welcome... i am lol'ing at your multiple shirts comment 'cause i am already leaning that way (add to that all our disneystore shirts that we've worn on past trips... before i knew about dis design addicts! LOL!)... but am very concerned about the squeaky one and her family as i don't know if they will go along with it... but if i don't get them shirts and my family wears ours, they might feel "left out" (kinda a can't win for losin' situation, kwim?) dare i just ask them?!

again, thanks for the welcome... i have already become addicted to scrolling thru the shirt designs... you ladies (and gentlemen?) are all soooo talented! :)

gigi1313 said:
thanks for the warm welcome... i am lol'ing at your multiple shirts comment 'cause i am already leaning that way (add to that all our disneystore shirts that we've worn on past trips... before i knew about dis design addicts! LOL!)... but am very concerned about the squeaky one and her family as i don't know if they will go along with it... but if i don't get them shirts and my family wears ours, they might feel "left out" (kinda a can't win for losin' situation, kwim?) dare i just ask them?!

again, thanks for the welcome... i have already become addicted to scrolling thru the shirt designs... you ladies (and gentlemen?) are all soooo talented! :)

We went on a family trip to Disneyland last September, and I made shirts for the whole group (20) for us to wear one day. That's how my addiction started. Then I started seeing other designs I wanted, and before I knew it, my kids had a "Disney" shirt for every day of the week that we were there. Some were from the Disney store, and the rest were from here. Once we got there and my kids would come out of the hotel room in the morning, all the cousins were dismayed because my kids had Disney shirts and they didn't. I guess next time I'll have to do shirts for all of them. They were especially jealous of the shirts that were personalized. The kids got so much more attention from the characters because of that. It was great. Added a lot of :wizard: to our trip.

Enjoy your time here and just know that you'll become addicted and start planning shirts for your kids to wear to gymnastics or violin lessons. Once you start, you just can't stop!

it's definitely a sickness... whereas i used to be addicted to the resort and restaurant boards, suffice to say i have not even visited since i found this one! LOL?

maybe i'll make some for the kids from the other family but not the adults? a "best of both worlds" kinda thing... hmmmm...

and, oh, yeah, i have seen a dozen designs i want for my ds already... he's my resident disney-geek-buddy ;)

Glynis said:
Enjoy your time here and just know that you'll become addicted and start planning shirts for your kids to wear to gymnastics or violin lessons. Once you start, you just can't stop!

:rotfl: That is SO true--except I do it for me and DH! :teeth: I work in a school, so I use this as a way to have Disney shirts for holidays, occasions, whatever! Who am I kidding? I'd do that no matter where I worked! :rotfl2:

You can always tell her what you are doing for your family and ask if she would like you to do some for hers - give her the costs, etc.... Or, you can do what I did.. we were 4 adults and I just bought the shirts (3 @ 2.49 & 1 @ 4.99 per design) and the iron-ons. I picked out the designs, tried some and gave up, printed all them, ironed all of them, etc.etc.etc. and just gave them the shirts as we were leaving for the trip. I only did 2 designs, wish I had had time to do more. I messed up the $5 one and had to go back to VA. (hour away) just to get another shirt. I paid for everything and did all the work + plus gave them a Pal Mickey (13.99 + shipping) and got the villa ($264 gov. rate), car (National/Emerald Club), and plane (76.90 pp/rt/ns) reservations. They were too lazy to do anything. Well, way OT..........

Really would like to see a few designs for SeaWorld, too.

sounds like we're birds of a feather... i'm going to do the first set for our first day (Hopefully!) as a gift as i've also done all the arrangements including booked plane tix, resort decision, ticket decision, itinerary planning, made all the adrs, etc *and* unbeknownst to anyone, i've booked (and am paying for) a private wishes cruise on our last night... so not only have i done more than my fair share (LOL) i am hesitant to do more shirts (esp since i'm not sure i am capable of doing *any* as craftily impaired as i am... LOL!) because i am not confident that their family will actually wear them... they might humor me once, but twice or for the whole trip? just not sure! (i know my family will 'cause they are geeks like me! LOL!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!