Major League Soccer (MLS) at Walt Disney World

Oooooh... This proposal has already gone farther than the NBA. ESPN WoS is proposed and 6/1 is the date they want people to arrive...

https://www.latimes.com/sports/newsletter/2020-06-02/mls-season-soccer
Deadline currently noon on Wed for a decision. While the author is pushing their perspective there are interesting details in it. Of specific interest to Disney nerds "...They also agreed to the league’s plan to quarantine themselves in a Disney hotel for up to six weeks to play in a televised tournament beginning in early July in Orlando..."

What does a "closed environment" at a Disney resort mean? Can their family be there also? Can they eat in restaurants or are they limited ti eating together as a team at the resort?

What does a "closed environment" at a Disney resort mean? Can their family be there also? Can they eat in restaurants or are they limited ti eating together as a team at the resort?
Well if we compare to the NBA it would be the resort is only open to the players and staff and possibly family members. The NBA is allowing dining at restaurants that offer outdoor dining. They can also golf at on property courses.

Is this hotel block off going to be in addition to the three hotels being used by NBA or did I misunderstand? Would this now be four hotels occupied?

In addition. NBA is CSR and MLS is Swan and dolphin
That is how I read it for MLS, but then noticed that they always had an "and" with Walt Disney World Resort whenever using Swan and Dolphin. So maybe Swan and Dolphin isn't exclusive? Or WDWR was referring to ESPN Wide World of Sports?

That is how I read it for MLS, but then noticed that they always had an "and" with Walt Disney World Resorts whenever using Swan and Dolphin. So maybe Swan and Dolphin isn't exclusive? Or WDWR was referring to ESPN World of Sports?

if S&D isn't exclusive it would defeat the purpose and MLS has a lot of players. They will fill it up to start. When they get out of group stage I guess they could put everybiody in one side but not sure you could keep the bubble. I'd expect S&D to be exclusive until this is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!