Major Rumor Marvel in ToT update page 25

I'm more laughing at the new rumor. The fact that someone would even bother to say - "something else is being discussed, but I can't tell you what it is yet". It just stating the obvious and telling you nothing, while still having their ego stroke that they are provided "inside information". Wouldn't you think Disney is constantly DISCUSSING new ideas for new rides and plussing of old rides? It's what I call a non-rumor rumor. It tells you nothing.
laugh all you want, I have seen the source and he is pretty knowledgable and respected for his "rumors". It has to be a fine line to walk, they obviously have direct line of sight or inside contacts, and can't share info to broadly without risking those ties, so they can only say so much.

I believe the point of this "rumor" is WDW isn't safe from a weird GoG placement, and it will be something almost as bad as taking over ToT. Take it for that kind of watch out then...

laugh all you want, I have seen the source and he is pretty knowledgable and respected for his "rumors". It has to be a fine line to walk, they obviously have direct line of sight or inside contacts, and can't share info to broadly without risking those ties, so they can only say so much.

I believe the point of this "rumor" is WDW isn't safe from a weird GoG placement, and it will be something almost as bad as taking over ToT. Take it for that kind of watch out then...

The "bad" is also a matter of opinion. If they are considering say a RnRC overlay / changeover instead- I actually think that would be a good idea. I mean, I'm a big Aerosmith fan, but how long can you have Aerosmith inviting you to their concert without it feeling like it's in a 90s timewarp. In addition I bet they are paying Aerosmith a fortune for the rights to use their images. Switching to GotG would fit well, you could have it instead of being a back alley being an "Escape from Nowhere" ride (Nowhere is the name of the prison that appears in the 1st GotG movie.) and change the theming to blasting off from the prison while avoiding "reapers" or whatever. The music could still incorporate into the ride as GotG has a 70s inspired soundtrack - the music playing would be Starlord blasting the music as the Murato escapes. And it would work SOOOO much better than a ToT theme.

The "bad" is also a matter of opinion. If they are considering say a RnRC overlay / changeover instead- I actually think that would be a good idea. I mean, I'm a big Aerosmith fan, but how long can you have Aerosmith inviting you to their concert without it feeling like it's in a 90s timewarp. In addition I bet they are paying Aerosmith a fortune for the rights to use their images. Switching to GotG would fit well, you could have it instead of being a back alley being an "Escape from Nowhere" ride (Nowhere is the name of the prison that appears in the 1st GotG movie.) and change the theming to blasting off from the prison while avoiding "reapers" or whatever. The music could still incorporate into the ride as GotG has a 70s inspired soundtrack - the music playing would be Starlord blasting the music as the Murato escapes. And it would work SOOOO much better than a ToT theme.
Fully agree, its all in the eye of the beholder. There are two or three now saying the GoG overlay is happening in WDW, and that it will be an attraction most won't agree with. I have seen folks theorizing anything from Hall of Presidents to Splash Mountain. I just for fun through in the people mover just to see if it gets a rise.

I do think Disney wants to push the marvel IP. GoG is one of the few ways they can in the parks in FL. The one source said it is almost worse than pushing it onto ToT, so who knows....maybe little mermaid gets a rework at this point? :dunno:

I have a feeling we are talking Magic Kingdom if that is true. Without knowing the movie, could something like Space Mountain work where the ride is already pretty dark and built for space?

I can't imagine a much worse Idea than ToT. Spaceship Earth perhaps? It's a Small World? Haunted Mansion?

Space Mountain wouldn't be that bad if they did it like Hyperspace Mountain - of course the cars don't have speakers there.

I can't imagine a much worse Idea than ToT. Spaceship Earth perhaps? It's a Small World? Haunted Mansion?

Space Mountain wouldn't be that bad if they did it like Hyperspace Mountain - of course the cars don't have speakers there.

Splash was what I thought of immediately, and it's the only thing I would personally be MORE upset about than ToT. Space would certainly be on the same scale, but I think I'd be ok with losing it if it meant getting the Tron coaster in it's place. But if we lost Space AND People Mover, I'm not sure I'd take that trade.

I vote GoG will overlay on Star Tours ....... and now the gap between ST and SWL where Muppets sits won't be so strange.

Muppets stays, SWL gets MF attraction (do we really need both?), GoG gets an attraction, and next to update should be Indiana Jones.

Makes park layout sense to me. :thumbsup2 Oh yeah, and it fulfills the ... that "it's bad and many will be upset."

I vote GoG will overlay on Star Tours ....... and now the gap between ST and SWL where Muppets sits won't be so strange.

Muppets stays, SWL gets MF attraction (do we really need both?), GoG gets an attraction, and next to update should be Indiana Jones.

Makes park layout sense to me. :thumbsup2 Oh yeah, and it fulfills the ... that "it's bad and many will be upset."

Oh my goodness... you might have nailed it.

My vote's with @HopperFan! I am no expert on the rides or the technology involved, but that *seems* like it could be accomplished in relatively short order.

Nah, that makes too much sense :)

GoG overlay of Stitch's Great Escape would work for me. I didn't like it before Stitch and still don't care that much for it. But, GoG at least could blend into Tomorrowland. Man, it could be done cheaply, just put Rocket Racoon instead of Stitch.

GoG overlay of Stitch's Great Escape would work for me. I didn't like it before Stitch and still don't care that much for it. But, GoG at least could blend into Tomorrowland. Man, it could be done cheaply, just put Rocket Racoon instead of Stitch.

Agree, only glitch there is the comments that people will be upset ............ this would lead to a celebration by most.

See - there's my point - BOTH these ideas are better than the ToT overlay idea. (As is the RnRC idea floated by myself and others.) So is the poster of the rumor assuming we all think ANY overlay would be BAD? Cause clearly many could be quite good.

And yeah - I'll go with Splash Mountain as a bad idea - but there's no way Disney does that....not in Frontierland where GotG couldn't possibly fit the theme. It's either DHS or Tomorrowland.

See - there's my point - BOTH these ideas are better than the ToT overlay idea. (As is the RnRC idea floated by myself and others.) So is the poster of the rumor assuming we all think ANY overlay would be BAD? Cause clearly many could be quite good.

And yeah - I'll go with Splash Mountain as a bad idea - but there's no way Disney does that....not in Frontierland where GotG couldn't possibly fit the theme. It's either DHS or Tomorrowland.
In theory they could change mission space to be GoG, it'd be in future world which would kind of make sense, and it would still be somewhat space themed. It wouldn't be educational, but mission space isn't super educational to begin with unless I'm forgetting something. They also rethemed the seas to be nemo, so I could see it. I do like the stitch idea and the star tours idea though, either of those would make sense.

That would be the obvious candidate as I see Star Tours eventually going away anyway when Star Wars Land opens... but, until Toy Story Land opens, they can't have any rides at DHS down for a major refurbishment.

Two sources say this rumor for Gaurdians of the Galaxy in Tower of Terror at DHS is dead. However one of those sources says something else is being looked for a different attraction that's just as bad.

I'd argue it was never alive. A bunch a hooey, as Sheldon would say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!