Major Rumor Marvel in ToT update page 25

The "bad" is also a matter of opinion. If they are considering say a RnRC overlay / changeover instead- I actually think that would be a good idea. I mean, I'm a big Aerosmith fan, but how long can you have Aerosmith inviting you to their concert without it feeling like it's in a 90s timewarp. In addition I bet they are paying Aerosmith a fortune for the rights to use their images. Switching to GotG would fit well, you could have it instead of being a back alley being an "Escape from Nowhere" ride (Nowhere is the name of the prison that appears in the 1st GotG movie.) and change the theming to blasting off from the prison while avoiding "reapers" or whatever. The music could still incorporate into the ride as GotG has a 70s inspired soundtrack - the music playing would be Starlord blasting the music as the Murato escapes. And it would work SOOOO much better than a ToT theme.

As long as it's still Steven Tyler still counting down, I'm good with this :):)

Gotta admit this one was nailed pretty well. We still don't know if it was ever considered in Florida, or what if anything is coming to epcot, but the dca part was right on.

Gotta admit this one was nailed pretty well. We still don't know if it was ever considered in Florida, or what if anything is coming to epcot, but the dca part was right on.
Yep. I'm sure it was considered for Florida but I'm glad it's only going to DCA.

Just reading my News and Weather app on my phone and on the Entertainment section from a well-known newspaper company there's an article entitled "Disney makeover for Tower of Terror causes fan freak-out on social media"....as if none of us here couldn't have predicted that :rolleyes1

I actually decided to peek at Disney's FB page and well the comments there are majority scathing at the idea.

It's true that Disney does things over time that create mass upset from its fans but messing with beloved classics really seems to turn it up (though I know DLR's ToT was considered by most to be not on the same level at WDW's ToT).

It's true that Disney does things over time that create mass upset from its fans but messing with beloved classics really seems to turn it up (though I know DLR's ToT was considered by most to be not on the same level at WDW's ToT).

It's funny - most of the people on here are WDW people, and there's a lot of opposition to it, but I would be curious....is there anyone that's actually a DLR regular that is opposed to it?

I rode ToT in California and was very unimpressed with it. Not only does it not have the random drops (which they could certainly have changed if they wanted to) but a bigger deal is that the elevator doesn't have a second shaft - in other words, all you do is go up and down, not forward. It makes for a much, much weaker ride experience than the Florida version.

That's why I am perfectly fine with them changing the California one as long as they leave the Florida one the same. (If the rumor is true that GotG is going into Epcot, then I think that Florida ToT will remain safe.) The change in California could make it a more entertaining ride - and would no longer have to be compared unfavorably to it's Florida brother.

It's funny - most of the people on here are WDW people, and there's a lot of opposition to it, but I would be curious....is there anyone that's actually a DLR regular that is opposed to it?

I rode ToT in California and was very unimpressed with it. Not only does it not have the random drops (which they could certainly have changed if they wanted to) but a bigger deal is that the elevator doesn't have a second shaft - in other words, all you do is go up and down, not forward. It makes for a much, much weaker ride experience than the Florida version.

That's why I am perfectly fine with them changing the California one as long as they leave the Florida one the same. (If the rumor is true that GotG is going into Epcot, then I think that Florida ToT will remain safe.) The change in California could make it a more entertaining ride - and would no longer have to be compared unfavorably to it's Florida brother.
I'm personally more ok with it going to DCA and I knew the DLR one lacked the features WDW's does though you're right they could have done it at DLR if they wanted to....but if you read some of Disney's facebook comments there are plenty of regular people who hate the idea of the new ToT. My comment was more or less the social media reaction from people who love DLR though I know some of the reaction is just from a standpoint of Disney goers in general who don't like the thought of GotG going in ontop of ToT period or some who just plain don't see GotG at Disney Parks in general. If they were to do it to WDW I'm sure the response on social media would only be amblified.

I know the people on this board are mostly not for it just more willing to let it go to DCA instead of WDW or both. I haven't been perusing the DLR side of this board though.

Actually - I also wonder if some of the people in uproar on social media even realize this is a california thing. I know the folks here understand that, but not everyone is as aware as the folks here typically are.

Actually - I also wonder if some of the people in uproar on social media even realize this is a california thing. I know the folks here understand that, but not everyone is as aware as the folks here typically are.

Well that would require people to read more than just the headline of an article...

As I was discussing DHS this morning with a friend heading there in November I came to the thought that maybe an overlay (of some sort) to ToT is coming, but they are just waiting for the current construction projects to wrap up since the last thing they can really afford to do is close another attraction and leave 1-2 real rides running in the whole park.

My thoughts are they may do a re-theming of RoR and ToT to something consistent with one another and a Disney brand that they can have in the parks. Maybe by the time they get to it they'll be able to have Marvel in the WDW parks (but that's a pipe dream) so maybe they will be an expansion of Toy Story Land? Interested what others think beyond "H**l no we won't go"

As I was discussing DHS this morning with a friend heading there in November I came to the thought that maybe an overlay (of some sort) to ToT is coming, but they are just waiting for the current construction projects to wrap up since the last thing they can really afford to do is close another attraction and leave 1-2 real rides running in the whole park.

My thoughts are they may do a re-theming of RoR and ToT to something consistent with one another and a Disney brand that they can have in the parks. Maybe by the time they get to it they'll be able to have Marvel in the WDW parks (but that's a pipe dream) so maybe they will be an expansion of Toy Story Land? Interested what others think beyond "H**l no we won't go"
From what I understand the DHS ToT is safe for now and won't be getting an overlay. Guardians will be coming to Epcot instead. Rockin Rollercoaster could get a change eventually though. To what? I don't know.

Well that would require people to read more than just the headline of an article...
The article on Disney's FB page reads "Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission BREAKOUT! comes to Disney California Adventure Park Summer 2017"..I can't help those who chose not to read the article name but from the comments I read most people understood it was DCA getting it.

The article on Disney's FB page reads "Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission BREAKOUT! comes to Disney California Adventure Park Summer 2017"..I can't help those who chose not to read the article name but from the comments I read most people understood it was DCA getting it.
You'd be surprised some people don't know the difference between Disneyland and Walt Disney world. Many think they are the same thing.

You'd be surprised some people don't know the difference between Disneyland and Walt Disney world. Many think they are the same thing.
lol very true...but those people can't be helped period and become the outliers. I didn't speak to them really because it wouldn't matter if the 1st words of the article were Disney's California Adventure they still wouldn't have a clue.

They're the ones who go to WDW and don't even know there are 4 parks..heck my neighbor went to WDW a few months ago and was like "yeah that main one..what's it called?" *mental facepalm* "Oh you mean Magic Kingdom?" "Yeah that one well it was good". Now he's a good neighbor but he would be the type of person who wouldn't know that Disney is talking about Disneyland in CA getting GotG in place of the original ToT.

Stop the presses! Wait Disney has two parks and they have some of the same ride at both parks?
153abbe3fbcbedb22a06f1a6ac9bc63c93228590c97699703e53eeee6e8c0b16.jpg

Argh, this is a tough one. I don't want Gotg taking over the WDW tower of terror but at the same time, I don't want them going to Epcot as I find them even less of a fit. Marvel land if happening at all should be at Hollywod studios or a separate park.

Future world should be populated with the likes of Inside Out, Big Hero 6 and more Pixar esc movies

Argh, this is a tough one. I don't want Gotg taking over the WDW tower of terror but at the same time, I don't want them going to Epcot as I find them even less of a fit. Marvel land if happening at all should be at Hollywod studios or a separate park.

Future world should be populated with the likes of Inside Out, Big Hero 6 and more Pixar esc movies

Big Hero 6 is Marvel...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter