Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real-Time-Marketing1.jpg

While that is true right now I would say not likely but not impossible.

Correct...

Site prep...which is a huge part of the process will Likely take at least the rest of this year...so vertical construction is probably not gonna happen until 2017 at the earliest.

Correct...

Site prep...which is a huge part of the process will Likely take at least the rest of this year...so vertical construction is probably not gonna happen until 2017 at the earliest.
Yep. This land has a lot of cookie cutter things that can and will be built offsite so I think actually construction won't take as long as some of the past projects.

Are they closing the entire Soarin' ride to add the 3rd theatre? We will be there in 2 weeks and I would be really disappointed if it was closed.

Side note, is the Buzz Lightyear ride closed right now? I heard it was.

Are they closing the entire Soarin' ride to add the 3rd theatre? We will be there in 2 weeks and I would be really disappointed if it was closed.

Side note, is the Buzz Lightyear ride closed right now? I heard it was.
It is closed and has been since January 4th. It will remain closed until June. I believe buzz is down for a refurb now if not that refurb is starting within the next few days.

This IS a great thread. Thanks, @rteetz, for directing me here and also for creating and maintaining it. and I am intrigued about your Space Mountain (one of my favorites) experience, so I am now off to read your trip report!

Fastpasses open up again Feb 15 for Buzz.
Yep it's only supposed to be a few weeks. Hopefully they at least give the ride some paint or something. Buzz AA was behind curtains when I was there for marathon weekend.

Thanks for putting this together, as we are in the process of planning our next trip. :)

I had hoped the Frozen ride would be up by late March. Sounds like we will be too early. I think summer 2017 will be good for our next trip. :)

Why am I going in Feb then?

Refurbs are a part of the deal at Disney parks...

Why is it so bad now? It could be that they haven't paid much attention to this in a long time...

Two words: Magic bands.

Not only have they been desperate to "keep things open" for so long...but they have only really been in the timeshare construction game for so long that they have a hard time fielding an impressive attraction lineup when you finally have to pay the piper.

Certainly they need the AK additions, studios reboot and downtown redo...no arguments there...

But why was wonders of life taken offline and never replaced? Why does imagination sit in sad state for 15, unforgivable years (taking a lot of the soul of Epcot with it)?, why was "new fantasyland stripped down from concept to construction?

These are Important questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!