Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubtful, Disneyland doesn't have it either.

Boooo! I knew you would shoot that idea down (I think we all knew that) ... I was just hoping you wouldn't shoot it down so quickly. Although, I guess it's better not to get our hopes up.

But they are kind of missing an opportunity with this one. This was DD1's first roller coaster and I'd have loved to have a picture of it; even with paying the outrageous price Disney charges for the ride photos.

Here's my question ... how hard is it to set up a ride for a photo? And I'm assuming if they have photo, it's not hard to do the video like SDMT and ToT. Is there more to this than I'm seeing?

Boooo! I knew you would shoot that idea down (I think we all knew that) ... I was just hoping you wouldn't shoot it down so quickly. Although, I guess it's better not to get our hopes up.

But they are kind of missing an opportunity with this one. This was DD1's first roller coaster and I'd have loved to have a picture of it; even with paying the outrageous price Disney charges for the ride photos.

Here's my question ... how hard is it to set up a ride for a photo? And I'm assuming if they have photo, it's not hard to do the video like SDMT and ToT. Is there more to this than I'm seeing?
It can't be that difficult but I guess they would really have to think of a good place for the picture or video on this ride. Mine train opened without it but it was soon added after. I wouldn't mind it being added because it is my favorite MK ride but I just don't see it happening.

I don't think on ride photo is the revenue source it once was...

As evidenced by how Disney has "thrown in" photopass with annuals.

If they could still sell mickey pics and splash mountains photos for $18 bucks...they would

I don't think on ride photo is the revenue source it once was...

As evidenced by how Disney has "thrown in" photopass with annuals.

If they could still sell mickey pics and splash mountains photos for $18 bucks...they would

I wouldn't call it "thrown in" considering they raised the price of AP's substantially ($100?). Sort of "forced on you".

I wouldn't call it "thrown in" considering they raised the price of AP's substantially ($100?). Sort of "forced on you".

It's a killing....$400 for a family of 4 and photos they weren't that likely to use...

But that's a different path to the same destination, isn't it?

Last edited:
We've enjoyed purchasing the memory maker. You get every picture, and Disney throws in a few gorgeous pictures of the parks and the characters, and you get them with a license to reprint. We have been able to make some great photobooks, and the videos from SDMT and ToT are still viewed almost weekly by the kids. Would love to have the pic's on BTMRR and the movies on Splash Mtn, TT, Space mtn, really, on almost any of the mildly thrilling rides. They are great memories, and $140-160 for the entire family is well worth it. We love this option compared to the one photo at a time method they used to do. I wonder if Disney is actually making more money this way, since they don't need nearly as many people at the rides to sell the pic's all day long. Love this option!

Not sure how this will effect the opening date of Avatarland, but Fox has delayed the release of Avatar 2 from Dec. 2017 until a later time (not yet determined).

Not sure how this will effect the opening date of Avatarland, but Fox has delayed the release of Avatar 2 from Dec. 2017 until a later time (not yet determined).

I just have a feeling that Pandora while will be an incredible spectacle, it's not going to change much except help absorb a few more guests for the park. It will have a modest opening and people will forget quite quickly that its even there

I just have a feeling that Pandora while will be an incredible spectacle, it's not going to change much except help absorb a few more guests for the park. It will have a modest opening and people will forget quite quickly that its even there

Do you mean the movie? Or people will "quite quickly forget" the Pandora area of AK is even there? Meaning it will close because everyone forgot its there? :confused3

Not literally forget it's there but I personally don't think people would go out of their way to go to animal kingdom for Pandora where as I'm sure people will go to Hollywood studios for Star Wars land.

Pandora will be more of a "oh cool they have an Avatar area" kind of thing

Not literally forget it's there but I personally don't think people would go out of their way to go to animal kingdom for Pandora where as I'm sure people will go to Hollywood studios for Star Wars land.

Pandora will be more of a "oh cool they have an Avatar area" kind of thing

Got ya. :)

I'm not convinced yet, mostly because of Soarin. Hopefully it will not be as tame as Soarin-but that "non G-force" stuff draws a lot of people, as will the boat ride thing IMO.

We shall see. If you are correct-it will be an easy FP+, and have very short wait times.

But agreed compared to Star Wars Land -some folks will say "oh cool, they have TSM stuff".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter