Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interested to see when SWGE will be set to open. I know the first post says late 2019, but I'm hoping they will be done earlier. Seems too bad to miss a summer opening, but we'll see. We want to plan a trip around it being open, so hope they give an idea of a definite date with a decent amount of lead time.

Very interested to see when SWGE will be set to open. I know the first post says late 2019, but I'm hoping they will be done earlier. Seems too bad to miss a summer opening, but we'll see. We want to plan a trip around it being open, so hope they give an idea of a definite date with a decent amount of lead time.
Me too so I can plan around it...I'd rather NOT be there during initial opening....

Yup - we are in the same boat. Want to go in December of '19 but worried they will be super late with the definitive opening date.

2. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Under Construction Started 4/14 Set for completion in 2019 (Disneyland will open Summer 2019, DHS will open late 2019)
Yes, I'm going to send us around this bend again. I'm watching the progress of construction ...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...new-aerials-3-9.3573399/page-60#post-58991501

... and unlike the naysayers ...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...new-aerials-3-9.3573399/page-60#post-58991616

... I'm not convinced that "late" in "late 2019" means as "late" as the constant predictions of "late" have previously led me to believe, so I want to at least calibrate what people think "late" means.

Of course we won't know anything until the official announcement blah blah blah... but... What do you think "late" really means?

I just got the green light to move our first-week-of-November trip to the week-before-Thanksgiving. Might have I significantly increased our chances of being there after Galaxy's Edge opens?

Yes, I'm going to send us around this bend again. I'm watching the progress of construction ...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...new-aerials-3-9.3573399/page-60#post-58991501

... and unlike the naysayers ...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...new-aerials-3-9.3573399/page-60#post-58991616

... I'm not convinced that "late" in "late 2019" means as "late" as the constant predictions of "late" have previously led me to believe, so I want to at least calibrate what people think "late" means.

Of course we won't know anything until the official announcement blah blah blah... but... What do you think "late" really means?

I just got the green light to move our first-week-of-November trip to the week-before-Thanksgiving. Might have I significantly increased our chances of being there after Galaxy's Edge opens?
Your chances are definitely better the later you go. We obviously won’t know for certain for a while yet.

Your chances are definitely better the later you go. We obviously won’t know for certain for a while yet.
I guess what I'm asking, though, is that when Disney makes decisions about when to open new attractions, have they often in the past opened new attractions the day before Thanksgiving, or worse (for us) the day before Christmas? Or do they instead often open new attractions at other dates? It seems to me that they like to open things either in mid-April or early October. Is that true? Is there a listing somewhere of attractions by opening date?

I guess what I'm asking, though, is that when Disney makes decisions about when to open new attractions, have they often in the past opened new attractions the day before Thanksgiving, or worse (for us) the day before Christmas? Or do they instead often open new attractions at other dates? It seems to me that they like to open things either in mid-April or early October. Is that true? Is there a listing somewhere of attractions by opening date?

Wikipedia has most of the dates. It's hard to really look beacuse you have to go to each park and then each land. Quick check through fantasyland had dates of March, April, May, Sept, Oct

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_World

Disney opens new attractions at all times during the year. We haven’t seen a later in the year opening in quite some time and Star Wars will be their biggest opening ever outside of a new theme park so we really don’t know what their exact plans are. We just know Disneyland will be ready by d23 2019 and WDW sometime after that.

It’s hard to go on trends with this though because it’s so different. Star Wars will be a potter type opening if not bigger.
I understand. But do you think that the opening will be driven mostly by construction progress or do you think construction will be driven by the desire for what they feel would be a good opening date?

I understand. But do you think that the opening will be driven mostly by construction progress or do you think construction will be driven by the desire for what they feel would be a good opening date?
I think WDW will be driven more by construction than DLR will be.

What's everyone's best guess as to when we will know a Galaxy's Edge Opening Date? Probably not until only a few months out, sadly. My friend and I have decided to go "whole hog" and do a trip for the opening- it's a once in a lifetime thing for a gigantic star wars/disney geek like me- but it is honestly driving me WILD having no idea when this trip will be!

What's everyone's best guess as to when we will know a Galaxy's Edge Opening Date? Probably not until only a few months out, sadly. My friend and I have decided to go "whole hog" and do a trip for the opening- it's a once in a lifetime thing for a gigantic star wars/disney geek like me- but it is honestly driving me WILD having no idea when this trip will be!
We will know Disneyland's first. Just expect late 2019.

Disney has no reason to announce the opening earlier than 3-4 months in advance (like they have with Toy Story Land). Announcing too early just gets bad press like how they had to delay River of Lights for practically a whole year. And really no way of knowing. A hurricane could unfortunately come through and delay things by weeks if there is any damage.

I am hoping "late" 2019 isn't super late .. simply "later" than Disneyland's rumored "mid" 2019. I am taking a gamble and planning it will be open by early November 2019. I am getting an Annual Pass (to be activated on 11/11/18) to see Pandora and TSL and hope to have a trip in October or November to see SWGE right before the pass expires. If I miss the opening, the pass will still be worth it and I will plan a trip anyway(as I am trying to get a second trip in before my daughter turns 3 in October 2019).

@rteetz

I don't see the All Star resorts refurbishments listed on the main post. Am I missing it? Should it be? I've heard they are refurbing All Star Movies this year (I am curious on the timeline because I have a trip planned there in November).

@rteetz

I don't see the All Star resorts refurbishments listed on the main post. Am I missing it? Should it be? I've heard they are refurbing All Star Movies this year (I am curious on the timeline because I have a trip planned there in November).

I was just investigating that this morning and couldn't find much yet.

On this page it does mention the renovations at ASMo and says they should by done by winter 2018. No comments on the other All Stars resorts yet.

@rteetz

I haven’t found specific dates for that. Movies just began with the Toy Story section. I’m sure once movies is finished then music, then sports. It will likely be well into 2019 if not even 2020 before all three are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter