make a wish and dream foundation

JenJen

Wonderland
I have a few questions about these organizations. I amost feel guilty for asking them but I have a friend that although he is severely ill mentally and physcally he is not terminal at this time. I looked up make a wish and that is for children under the age of 18 and the Dream foundation is for those that will pass with in the next 6 months. With my friends conditions there is not a time when he would pass unless his RA get debilatating. He is Schitzophranic, Bipolar with delusional thought, Has Chrons disease, Ruemy arthritic which is becomeing more debelatating, Fibromylagia, disassociation disorder, and Sever sensory issues with possible atistic like traits. He is no longer able to work and I try to take him to Disneyland at least once a month (a challenge in itself) But more then anythng he wants to go to WDW. IF I had the money I would pay for the entire trip myself but I gave up my job to help take care of his needs.
Are there any other foundations that would make a WISH for someone like this? He really is a specail person with a big heart and would never ask for anything like this so I thought maybe some of you would know of some places i could talk to. I really appreciate yourh help.

Please be aware I am not taking light of those that have life threatning illnesses I believe these WISHes need to go before ours but I know how much of a dream this would be for him before he can not longer walk or function mentally.
Thankyou
JenJen

Some of the wish foundations grant for chronical illness which sounds like what you are describing. My sons wish was granted through the STL dream factory. My son has rolandic epilepsy,chiari,syrinx,scoliosis all of which are considered chronic life threatening but not terminal .The Dream Factory has locations all over you may want to check into it . My son picked Disney for his wish and we are going in 10 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

JenJen said:
I have a few questions about these organizations. I amost feel guilty for asking them but I have a friend that although he is severely ill mentally and physcally he is not terminal at this time. I looked up make a wish and that is for children under the age of 18 and the Dream foundation is for those that will pass with in the next 6 months. With my friends conditions there is not a time when he would pass unless his RA get debilatating. He is Schitzophranic, Bipolar with delusional thought, Has Chrons disease, Ruemy arthritic which is becomeing more debelatating, Fibromylagia, disassociation disorder, and Sever sensory issues with possible atistic like traits. He is no longer able to work and I try to take him to Disneyland at least once a month (a challenge in itself) But more then anythng he wants to go to WDW. IF I had the money I would pay for the entire trip myself but I gave up my job to help take care of his needs.
Are there any other foundations that would make a WISH for someone like this? He really is a specail person with a big heart and would never ask for anything like this so I thought maybe some of you would know of some places i could talk to. I really appreciate yourh help.

Please be aware I am not taking light of those that have life threatning illnesses I believe these WISHes need to go before ours but I know how much of a dream this would be for him before he can not longer walk or function mentally.
Thankyou
JenJen

I know with Make-A-Wish, the child has to be considered life threatening, have a life threatening condition.

Is your friend 18 or younger? I take it he is older than 18? You didn't say
how old he is in your post.

You can also try the Fairy Godmother foundation, this foundation is for adults.
The website is www.fairygodmother.org
You can go on the website, browse thru it and even call and talk to someone that can answer your questions, if your friend qualifies for a wish with this organization.

If all else fails with a Wish-granting foundation/foundations, you might want to consider having a fundraiser of some sort for him. Invite his friends and family and former coworkers of his. Have a luncheon or dinner-type of fundraiser for him,to raise money to go to WDW.
Does he go to church? Sometimes smaller church congregations can help out with a fundraising type thing, lunch or dinner fundraiser, if he is a member of that church. I have seen this type of church fundraising for aquaintances of mine that had money raised for them to adopt a baby from China. They did a spaghetti dinner fundraiser where they charged $5 or $10 per person.
Just some thoughts on the fundraiser.

Keep us posted what you find out about the Wish organizations and/or a fundraiser. Best wishes. :wizard:

Rosemarie :flower:

I also forgot to mention in my last post, is there a way to contact the Chrons disease foundation of Rheumatoid Arthritis foundation (don't know the names of these organizations)? Maybe you can check out their websites or call these organizations, see if they have any kind of small fundraiser or maybe give out Hopper passes or something for people that are advanced in that disease? I am not familiar with these type of foundations, if they give out these kind of things to people if they qualify. Just a thought if you wanted to call and ask these questions to these organizations.

Does your friend belong to any support groups? Maybe they can direct you and him to any of these foundations, also.

Rosemarie :flower:

Thankyou for all of you suggestions. He is 38 so way beyond a lot of these wish granting organizations. Although he is 38 he is much younger mentally. I really wish I had the money to do this myself but I no longer can work because I have fibromylagia, Chronic Fatigue, and other med issues and spend most my time caring for him and two specail needs kids. THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!

I really want him to have the ability to enjoy the parks one last time before his condition worsens, Thankyou again everyone, It means a lot that you took the time.
JenJen

I didn't have anything to add except good wishees and pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter