Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are making reservation for Cinderellas royal table you need to make them about 180 in advance. Once the 180 day mark they are pretty much booked. I dont know much about cancellations because when you make the reservation you have to pay for your meals at that time. Most likely not alot of cancellations. I am going to try to see if my wish cordinator wont mind making the reservations for me because i wont have the money at that time. I have two child that have there birthday in the same week that the reservations have to be made. :worship:

180 days in advance is the ideal time to make any reservations, but CRT has several open reservation times during the week we are going the 1st/2nd week of December. We aren't eating there because my son, the wish child, has no interest. My daughter is just older and not really in the Cinderella phase anymore. There is definetly availability though. I wouldn't stress it too much. Everything always works out! :)

We are almost doing the single digit dance here!!! We have 11 days until our vacation starts, although we will be staying across from the hotel the first night!!! I cannot believe we started this journey at 179 days!!! :scared1:

Laundry, and packing, and cleaning...oh my!!!! :rotfl:

Welcome to all of the new families!!! The people on the DIS are amazing!!

And...I cannot wait to read trip reports for everyone that has gone & is back!!

180 days in advance is the ideal time to make any reservations, but CRT has several open reservation times during the week we are going the 1st/2nd week of December. We aren't eating there because my son, the wish child, has no interest. My daughter is just older and not really in the Cinderella phase anymore. There is definetly availability though. I wouldn't stress it too much. Everything always works out! :)
Thank you some much. It will take the ease of just a little. I asked the wish coordinator if she could get a reservation for our family but she said they could not. i don't know if its because it to soon to make one or they just won't. I'm just going to call back in February and hope that they do have an opening. If not i will make other arrangements. I am also try to coordinate a BBB and PL before the meal. So i am not sure i should make appointments for them. i don't want to wait to long and those get booked up too.

Hello,
I am new to this board. My niece is having a MAW trip in November and my husband and I are going down to help out. Does anyone know or have stayed at a good place to stay that is close to the Village?
Thanks,
Christie

We're home!! Arrived Thursday night and still haven't decompressed from the trip. The bags are still overflowing with laundry and toys in my bedroom and the girls are still talking about the princesses and Mickey and Minnie!

It was an AMAZING trip!! I don't have enough qualifiers to describe it yet. I'll have to pull out a dictionary before I start the Trip Report. Sooooo many photos and stories to go through. Hope to get a start on it this weekend....

Stay tuned!

We're home!! Arrived Thursday night and still haven't decompressed from the trip. The bags are still overflowing with laundry and toys in my bedroom and the girls are still talking about the princesses and Mickey and Minnie!

It was an AMAZING trip!! I don't have enough qualifiers to describe it yet. I'll have to pull out a dictionary before I start the Trip Report. Sooooo many photos and stories to go through. Hope to get a start on it this weekend....

Stay tuned!

WELCOME back!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip!! :) I bet the girls were the best dressed there!!! :cutie: Good luck with the laundry!! We will both be up to our ears...you coming back & us getting ready to go!! :rotfl:

Hello,
I am new to this board. My niece is having a MAW trip in November and my husband and I are going down to help out. Does anyone know or have stayed at a good place to stay that is close to the Village?
Thanks,
Christie

Howard Johnson Inn Tropical Palms Kissimmee
4311 W Vine St (Hwy 192)
US Hwy 192 & Bass Rd.
Kissimmee, FL 34746 US

This hotel is 1.1 miles from GKTW.

Stay tuned!

Can't wait to read about it!:banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Stay tuned!

Welcome,
I am excited to here how your trip went.

Well we are coming back to reality from a fun filled week of Magic. There are not even words to describe the feelings and memories we had on our trip of a Lifetime. We already miss all of the great people at Give Kids the World, someday we hope to return and volunteer since they filed our hearts with hope and love. Our trip report will begin shortly.. Stay Tuned

ps i got to meet mom2pixies that was awesome too !!!!

Stay tuned!

Well we are coming back to reality from a fun filled week of Magic. There are not even words to describe the feelings and memories we had on our trip of a Lifetime. We already miss all of the great people at Give Kids the World, someday we hope to return and volunteer since they filed our hearts with hope and love. Our trip report will begin shortly.. Stay Tuned

Welcome back!! I can't wait to read about your adventures!! We are have 2 months, 2 days to go.. seems like forever! I know that time will pass before we know it.

The Story of Matthew
I will start at the beginning before matthew was born. I had my first born, Emerald, on October 30. Then i got pregnant four months later with Matthew. Every was going fine with my pregnancy. I was a little more tired then usual still taking care of a baby and caring one as well and i hadn't truely recover from the first pregnancy. It wasn't until the last months that my OBGYN notice that I was caring too much amniotic fluid. I had alot of ultrasounds done. They notice that there was a defect in his umbilicord. I found out the last week of my pregnancy that i had polyhydramnios. No one truelly explain it to me until after they found something wrong with my son. Polyhdramnios is due to either maternal diabetes mellitus or of cases are associated with fetal anomalies that impair the ability of the fetus to swallow. Well my OBGYN made an appointment for me to be induced a day later because the fear that my water break at home. A lot of problem can occur during labor with polyhydramnios. Well guess what my placental abruptured the morning of at home. My husband rushed me to the hospital as soon as my mother came and got my daughter. Luckly when we got to the hospital nothing was wrong. My labor went well. Matthew was born November 5th. Then when Matthew was born thats when my mother in law who once was a RN notice that my son was foaming at the mouth, but the nurses thought oh that normal it should clear up in an hour or soo. I thought there was something wrong i asked the nurses again and they contacted the pcp doctor. The doctor did respond back till the next day. Matthew wasn't taking in any of his feeds at all that night. The next morning me and my husband told the nurses and they took him to the nursery to wash him and to check up on him. We hadn't heard from them in two hours. They came back and told us that his lungs sounded course and so they got doctors orders so they could take x-rays. Then this is when my world turned upside down. I remember when they told us that Matthew esophagus did not connect to his stomach and that they would have to have him transported to AI DuPont. I remember me and my husband crying in the middle of the hallways crying, like something you would see in a lifetime movie. :sad1:We didn't know what to do. A few minutes later my mother in law showed up. Oh she was furious. I never seen that women so mad. She told them nurses that there was something wrong and no one listen. Well they shipped him up state to the childrens hospital. I had to pack everything up. Then we went up state to meet our son. By the time we got up there they had already had a diagnoses. (tracheoesophageal fistula/esophageal atresia) The doctors told us everything, but still had to run more test the next day. I was afraid, i so much on my mind, like will he be okay, what about emerald, where am i going to stay at, me and my husband were so unprepared. Well theirs know way you can actually prepare for something like this. The Ronald McDonald house was nice to put us up for a month and half free of charge because we had no saving money. i was going to go back to work in two weeks since i am already ajusted to taking care of new born but things worked out. The next day i found out that matthew also had asd/vsd. On the 7th went in and surgically repaired his esophagus and fistula. There were no problem thank god because there are so many scenarios that can happen with repairing the esophagus. Then two weeks later he had heart surgery. That went fine to but the recovery took a lot longer. Then they also told be that the repair to the esophagus could take up to a few months to a year to recover before he could eat. That to but a gtube in and a nissen so that he would not regurgitate and cause long term damage to the esophagus. Then we were finally sent home with meds and oxygen. Then another big horrible event happen in my life. A week later,the day after christmas, my mother passed away due to diabetes issues. :sad1: I felt that i was lost. I lost my father when i was in high school from late stages of pneumonia. I didn't have to much support with my son because everyone else in the family had other things going to them. I had to take care of my son, daughter, and take care of my mother estate. Me and my husband moved into my mothers home. Mid winter matthew got RSV. In the hospital again and then in the fall for pneumonia which i was petrified because of my fathers death. The pulmonologist diagnosed him with COPD and chronic brochitis. He always gets respitory infection. Its common due to his birth defect. He has other minor health problem that are improving. The only thing keeping him back is the COPD and his ability to learn to eat. ER visits are common for us because his gtube falls out every month and they dont know why and that is very painful to put him through. He is a great little boy with a postive attitude. He had given strength i never thought i had in me. I has made me a stronger person and i will never be able to repay for that. I love you little man. :love2:

The Story of Matthew
I will start at the beginning before matthew was born. I had my first born, Emerald, on October 30. Then i got pregnant four months later with Matthew. Every was going fine with my pregnancy. I was a little more tired then usual still taking care of a baby and caring one as well and i hadn't truely recover from the first pregnancy. It wasn't until the last months that my OBGYN notice that I was caring too much amniotic fluid. I had alot of ultrasounds done. They notice that there was a defect in his umbilicord. I found out the last week of my pregnancy that i had polyhydramnios. No one truelly explain it to me until after they found something wrong with my son. Polyhdramnios is due to either maternal diabetes mellitus or of cases are associated with fetal anomalies that impair the ability of the fetus to swallow. Well my OBGYN made an appointment for me to be induced a day later because the fear that my water break at home. A lot of problem can occur during labor with polyhydramnios. Well guess what my placental abruptured the morning of at home. My husband rushed me to the hospital as soon as my mother came and got my daughter. Luckly when we got to the hospital nothing was wrong. My labor went well. Matthew was born November 5th. Then when Matthew was born thats when my mother in law who once was a RN notice that my son was foaming at the mouth, but the nurses thought oh that normal it should clear up in an hour or soo. I thought there was something wrong i asked the nurses again and they contacted the pcp doctor. The doctor did respond back till the next day. Matthew wasn't taking in any of his feeds at all that night. The next morning me and my husband told the nurses and they took him to the nursery to wash him and to check up on him. We hadn't heard from them in two hours. They came back and told us that his lungs sounded course and so they got doctors orders so they could take x-rays. Then this is when my world turned upside down. I remember when they told us that Matthew esophagus did not connect to his stomach and that they would have to have him transported to AI DuPont. I remember me and my husband crying in the middle of the hallways crying, like something you would see in a lifetime movie. :sad1:We didn't know what to do. A few minutes later my mother in law showed up. Oh she was furious. I never seen that women so mad. She told them nurses that there was something wrong and no one listen. Well they shipped him up state to the childrens hospital. I had to pack everything up. Then we went up state to meet our son. By the time we got up there they had already had a diagnoses. (tracheoesophageal fistula/esophageal atresia) The doctors told us everything, but still had to run more test the next day. I was afraid, i so much on my mind, like will he be okay, what about emerald, where am i going to stay at, me and my husband were so unprepared. Well theirs know way you can actually prepare for something like this. The Ronald McDonald house was nice to put us up for a month and half free of charge because we had no saving money. i was going to go back to work in two weeks since i am already ajusted to taking care of new born but things worked out. The next day i found out that matthew also had asd/vsd. On the 7th went in and surgically repaired his esophagus and fistula. There were no problem thank god because there are so many scenarios that can happen with repairing the esophagus. Then two weeks later he had heart surgery. That went fine to but the recovery took a lot longer. Then they also told be that the repair to the esophagus could take up to a few months to a year to recover before he could eat. That to but a gtube in and a nissen so that he would not regurgitate and cause long term damage to the esophagus. Then we were finally sent home with meds and oxygen. Then another big horrible event happen in my life. A week later,the day after christmas, my mother passed away due to diabetes issues. :sad1: I felt that i was lost. I lost my father when i was in high school from late stages of pneumonia. I didn't have to much support with my son because everyone else in the family had other things going to them. I had to take care of my son, daughter, and take care of my mother estate. Me and my husband moved into my mothers home. Mid winter matthew got RSV. In the hospital again and then in the fall for pneumonia which i was petrified because of my fathers death. The pulmonologist diagnosed him with COPD and chronic brochitis. He always gets respitory infection. Its common due to his birth defect. He has other minor health problem that are improving. The only thing keeping him back is the COPD and his ability to learn to eat. ER visits are common for us because his gtube falls out every month and they dont know why and that is very painful to put him through. He is a great little boy with a postive attitude. He had given strength i never thought i had in me. I has made me a stronger person and i will never be able to repay for that. I love you little man. :love2:

:hug: :grouphug: :hug: Hard to find words....Even though our sons have very diagnoses your story sounds all to familiar :sad1:. I understand what it's like not to be listened to, not have have much family support, and to watch your child suffer and it seems like no one is doing anything. Also the neverending cycle of more diagnoses and painful procedures. On the upside, I totally get how you feel about finding a strength you never new had. I often say that my son J, is who I wanna be when I grow up! :rolleyes: the never ending strength and heart that our children have is a life lesson to all who meet them, or read our stories. Thanks to you and everyone else for sharing. It's nice for a few minutes a day to know I'm not alone.

43 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right (never been on a forum before) but I was wondering what is the process of a wish being granted once the wish is chosen and approved?

My wish is to go to Hawaii and we found out last week that we should be able to go in May 2012. I know this is not a Disney-related post but I figured you might be able to provide some insight as to what the whole process is.

Any advice would be appreciated:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2804449

Thanks!

Welcome home!!

Yes, it was nice meeting you, too! Too bad, B was being so shy with Mackenzie. I also got to meet Eva's mom, Angie on our first few days!! So nice to see people in person....:cutie:

I have been hearing that some family's extend their trip. I know you would have to pay for any days past your wish week and stay at a resort, but how does it work with the airplane tickets. Can you extend the airplane tickets and does that cost. Would you have to let your wish coordinator know? Could someone let me know. Me and my husband were thinking about it but was cancelling the idea because we don't know how to. Also because we are being transport to the airport and back would have to take a taxi from airport to home.

2wq4ids.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!