Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Must be a Lucky day, Talia gets her trip, which I know she will love!! And my niece decided today would make a good birthday! Full of gratitude and warm fuzzies today.

jmerchlinsky said:
Hello Everyone we got our Dates, we are going May 25th -31st and We will be there for one of the Star Wars Weekends, Cameron is so excited and we just cannot wait.

To keep up to date follow our Pre Trip Report with the link below.

Yay for dates!

ajjwmaw said:
Jmerch, yay! We will just miss each other.

Maroo, thanks for the new thread!

Jo, the stroller bags sound fun! I'm not a sewer, but there are so many fun ideas of things to make that I think I will give it a go.

I just posted in Jenna's PTR, but things are not going terribly well with our trip planning. We have been waiting for nearly two weeks to get confirmation that we can extend. I thought that we would hear something by now, even if it was just a verbal confirmation (it didn't take this long to get the wish approved and to get dates!). Second, I realized yesterday that the day we leave is Jenna's first ever dance recital, that she is very excited about. Of course, I am the one that gave MAW this date!! I feel awful. I have asked the wish granters to see if it would be possible to delay our trip one day, but I feel like that is asking a lot, so I'm not sure it will happen. Almost anything else and I would be ok missing, but she is so excited (of course she is more excited about the wish trip, so there is some consolation).

They do seem fun... Especially fun with the idea that I won't have to rummage through bags every time Ja wants a snack! She just never reset to normal eating after that first month of steroids.

Boo to the dance recital. I understand how big it is when they can return to activities and start doing normal stuff. Moving the date by one date (have you heard if the tickets are booked?) and the extension are two separate things, though. Don't be afraid to ask. It's worth a shot! If it doesn't work, will the recital have a dress rehearsal a day or two before?

taliasmom said:
Dr. Said she didn't think Talia would get much out of the trip, but she would sign off on it if I felt otherwise. I FEEL OTHERWISE!! Looks like Talia's back in the game.

AWESOME! I'm sure Talia will enjoy it and the trip also is an opportunity for your whole family to travel and make memories!

Taliasmom, I'm so happy for you! What a great day!!

I never ever thought about dress rehearsal, duh!! That will be just as fun for her. I am feeling so much better now! I am normally not such a worrier - I think that I just want to over compensate sometimes since she had to miss out on so much.

ajjwmaw said:
I never ever thought about dress rehearsal, duh!! That will be just as fun for her. I am feeling so much better now! I am normally not such a worrier - I think that I just want to over compensate sometimes since she had to miss out on so much.
Well, THAT is understandable, with these kids its natural for us to over compensate. Dont feel guilty about it though, they deserve it. Dress rehearsal will be great ! What a week for her!

Hello Everyone we got our Dates, we are going May 25th -31st and We will be there for one of the Star Wars Weekends, Cameron is so excited and we just cannot wait.

Yay for dates!!

Jackie

So getting a little nervous. We leave in 9 days and have our preliminary reservations, but haven't gotten our final paperwork. Still waiting on boarding passes, luggage tags, and the check! :confused3 Our wish granters wanted to set up a little pizza party next Tuesday night and then we have his going away party next Friday night after we check into the hotel. Not sure if they will wait until then?? Oh well, we will just go with it! ;) Trying to get more packing done and just mainly need to add last minute things. My grandma was admitted back into the hospital today, so I hope she gets out before we leave. :goodvibes Hope everyone has a great week, we are finally getting some spring weather!! :cool1:

Your granters & coordinator have been so good though - my guess is that they'll give them to you Tues.(though I'd be anxious for them too). Are the luggage tags the DCL ones? Did you get your cruise documents? We did get our info packet & expense card (but it won't be funded until the day before the trip), but no mention of the cruise documents, and no response from the coordinator when I emailed her. Yay for having 2 parties coming up. Sorry your grandma is back in the hospital, praying for her. :hug:

Yay for dates :cheer2:

Must be a Lucky day, Talia gets her trip, which I know she will love!! And my niece decided today would make a good birthday! Full of gratitude and warm fuzzies today.

Yay! :cheer2: So glad that it worked out. :)

Yay congrats! We will be there from May 24-30!

Hello All:cloud9:
We got back home last night from Emma's wish trip to GKTW/Disney World. To everyone yet to go: Nothing can prepare you for this experience! I was blown away. :goodvibes

What a week that we will never forget....pixiedust:

We got back home last night from Emma's wish trip to GKTW/Disney World. To everyone yet to go: Nothing can prepare you for this experience! I was blown away. :goodvibes

I agree .. it is truly a once in a life time experience !! Glad you had a wonderful time. :goodvibes

LittleEsmom said:

Welcome home (although sorry you had to come home, lol)! Glad you had an amazing time and can't wait to hear more!

Happy Easter everyone! I'm just waiting for the girls to settle down so the Easter Bunny can come :-)
So thankful to be home this year; Ja was diagnosed a few days before Easter last year so we were at the hospital. What a difference a year can make.

Dana - So glad you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to reading about it.

Jo - So glad that you can celebrate at home this year. :hug: We weren't inpatient last year, but are very happy we're not dealing with the issues we were at this time last year.

543691_512759512093767_1416703588_n_zps2a3272aa.jpg

So glad your family had a wonderful time! Great picture and can't wait to hear all about your magical trip! :cheer2:

LittleEsmom said:
We got back home last night from Emma's wish trip to GKTW/Disney World. To everyone yet to go: Nothing can prepare you for this experience! I was blown away.

I can't wait for our turn!! I'm glad the experience was so special, I don't want to plan the surprises out of everything! Love your shirts!

Home today with a sick lil M&M. DH was asking me about the rental cars and car seats. Do we have to bring ours or do they provide one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter