Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Hello Everyone! Ok so I am new to the boards so please bear with me!!! I have been checking out the boards and am really excited to begin the pre trip report and everything...I am just overwhelmed with emotions :eek: We are a family of 5 (3 girls ages 11, 9, 4....2 older girls are my soon to be step daughters!!!!!!!!). Our little princess (Jerzey) that is 4 was born with multiple heart conditions. She has had 4 open heart surgeries and a diaphram surgery due to complications. Being granted this wish is absolutely amazing! This is something that we could never do with our girls in a million years. But I seem to still get a wave of emotions that come over me when I think of all that we have had to endure these last few years and how it is great to be going and at the same time sad cuz of why we are going....does that make sense? I am sure I am just having a moment! LOL I think having these boards will really help me thru all of it :)

Anyway our trip has been scheduled for Nov 25- Dec 1, 2013!!!! We leave for Disney 2 days after Allen (girls' dad) and I get married! What an amazing trip it will be :) I am kinda nervous about it being over Thanksgiving but should be fun. My parents also get to tag a long with us which is just wonderful since they have been our rocks thru our Heart Journey so far!!!

As for Jerzey, the docs hope she won't need another surgery for more than 10 years and hopefully at that point it won't be the invasive open heart surgeries!!!

Have a wonderful day :)

I understand those moments, I have had them & still have them. I think you are going at a great time of year. We went in May 2011, we were able to visit again this year in Febuary. This is a great thread, everyone is so nice & willing to help in anyway they can. When we went on our MAW Trip, I was not able to have internet service at that time, I wished I had, because I have learned alot here, it made our second trip a little easier.

Praying for Jerzey, love the name!! Your family will have a wonderful time, just remember to enjoy GKTW Village, it is an awesome place full of Wonderful people!

We leave in just a little over a week for my dd make a wish trip to disney. This will be our first trip to disney world. I want to make sure that my children have a great time. How much money should we take. What should we do and what parks would be best my kids are 6,5,3, and 7 months. Make a wish called today to let me know that our itenerary was sent out. I was excited and forgot to ask what it was lol. Do they plan our day to day??

Go to You-tube & check out some Disney World Video's, this might help some. My DD is 5yrs old & she liked all of the parks, of course some had more things to do for the younger children, IMOP, I think Magic Kingdom has more for the younger kids 6 & under. It is also the busiest park.
The night before, I would look at the parks & make a plan of what we wanted to do that day, sometimes we got it all done & sometimes we did not. Remember that you will not be able to see & do everything, just relax & enjoy. The itenerary just basically tells you the day you leave, what time to expect to arrive at GKTW & when you will be Leaving, the day to day is all up to you, if you want to go here or there or if you just want to stay at the village & not go anywhere for the day, it is all up to you.

I hope this helps some, Safe Travels!!pixiedust:pixiedust:

Hello Everyone! Ok so I am new to the boards so please bear with me!!! I have been checking out the boards and am really excited to begin the pre trip report and everything...I am just overwhelmed with emotions :eek: We are a family of 5 (3 girls ages 11, 9, 4....2 older girls are my soon to be step daughters!!!!!!!!). Our little princess (Jerzey) that is 4 was born with multiple heart conditions. She has had 4 open heart surgeries and a diaphram surgery due to complications. Being granted this wish is absolutely amazing! This is something that we could never do with our girls in a million years. But I seem to still get a wave of emotions that come over me when I think of all that we have had to endure these last few years and how it is great to be going and at the same time sad cuz of why we are going....does that make sense? I am sure I am just having a moment! LOL I think having these boards will really help me thru all of it :)

Anyway our trip has been scheduled for Nov 25- Dec 1, 2013!!!! We leave for Disney 2 days after Allen (girls' dad) and I get married! What an amazing trip it will be :) I am kinda nervous about it being over Thanksgiving but should be fun. My parents also get to tag a long with us which is just wonderful since they have been our rocks thru our Heart Journey so far!!!

As for Jerzey, the docs hope she won't need another surgery for more than 10 years and hopefully at that point it won't be the invasive open heart surgeries!!!

Have a wonderful day :)

First off....:wave2: WELCOME! and congrats on your up coming wedding and Jerzey's wish trip! We just got back last week from my daughter's MAW trip to Disney and GKTW. If you have any questions feel free to fire away. My Emma, 10, is a CHD WARRIOR too. She was born with TGA, PS, and a VSD.
Can't wait to get to know you and the whole family :thumbsup2

We leave in just a little over a week for my dd make a wish trip to disney. This will be our first trip to disney world. I want to make sure that my children have a great time. How much money should we take. What should we do and what parks would be best my kids are 6,5,3, and 7 months. Make a wish called today to let me know that our itenerary was sent out. I was excited and forgot to ask what it was lol. Do they plan our day to day??

Hi :wave2: We just went on my daughter's MAW trip to Disney. Our check was more than enough for our eats and all! It was the most wonderful experience pixiedust: with lots of surprises<3 So excited for you:thumbsup2 MAW leaves it up to you on what you want to do when you get there. Make sure to make it to the FUN at GKTW at night! The kids wanted to stay there most of the time we were there...:banana: Half way threw the day they wanted to "GO HOME". :lovestruc

Hi :wave2: We just went on my daughter's MAW trip to Disney. Our check was more than enough for our eats and all! It was the most wonderful experience pixiedust: with lots of surprises<3 So excited for you:thumbsup2 MAW leaves it up to you on what you want to do when you get there. Make sure to make it to the FUN at GKTW at night! The kids wanted to stay there most of the time we were there...:banana: Half way threw the day they wanted to "GO HOME". :lovestruc

We got our packet today. I was so shocked at all make a wish does for the families. I just set there and cried while looking at everything. My baby was born to a birth mother that was addicted to drugs. She was a twin but baby a did not make it. The doctors told us that there was enough drugs in her system to kill an baby elephant and did not know how she had survived and did not expect her to make it. Her life expectancy is 3-5 and she is almost 4. The last year and a half has been a huge roller coaster for us. We thought dec. 2011 we were going to lose her due to stoke. But my baby girl is a fighter. I have come to the point that I dont trust doctors anymore. I had one doctor to ask us to pull food and let my baby pass. In other words kill my baby. They made us feel like my baby was worthless and was taking up space. Most reactions we get from people are she suffers and why does God allow poor children to suffer. My reaction is that they dont see the smiles and laughs and love in her eyes. Yes she has medical issues but she is still human. God put her in my life to show me how to live. She is a blessing not a burden. As long as I am able I will be her legs, her eyes, her dance partner, her mother. After hearing what everyone around me says all the time it hurts and receiving this package today lifted my spirits. Finally someone besides my husband and myself think my baby is worth the fight. Make a wish cared enough to bring joy to my baby and family.
sorry for the rant lol.. my heart is heavy with joy
72666_4726711210614_1907850544_n_zps1034a216.jpg

my baby Madison (wish child)
305966_4726695530222_1364425065_n_zps120dc44a.jpg

419507_2559201224219_1379672134_31947559_987081534_a_zpsbff6d3f5.jpg

My older daughter Nicole after Madison gtub surgery... They love each other

Yay :cheer2: Your family will have a great time ::yes::

No, they don't plan out your day to day. The itinerary will have your travel info, list the expenses allotment you're receiving, any reservations (like dining, BBB) that they made for you (if applicable). Once you see the itinerary, you'll have a better idea of how much money you'll need, but they will cover most (if not all) of your expenses.

Knowing which parks are best for your family depends on your family. :) Some things to consider - What do they enjoy? How tall are they? (will prevent them from riding certain rides) Do they need lots of down time? AK for example - some families love it & spend all day there, others think it's boring & only do a few rides and then leave. Do they have favorite characters they want to meet? (some are only available at one park)
Thank you very much for your reply. My girls are excited about the princesses and Madison (wish child) absolutely loves mickey mouse. Can I schedule a meeting with mickey? We have never been to disney before!

Congrats on your recent trip. I have heard GKTW makes the time spent there magical. Are there any pointers you can give me lol. This will be our first trip ever to disney.

momma31 - Lots of hugs :grouphug: Your post was so touching, and your children are beautiful. :lovestruc So sorry Madison has been through so much, and that you have Drs. & people that react so poorly. :hug: Most definitely she is worth it. :lovestruc So happy that your family is able to take this trip.

You can't schedule a meeting with Mickey, but he's available for meet & greets at all 4 parks, and you can get a FastPass for it at MK. I hope they get to see lots of Princesses. :) Did MAW schedule a Princess meal for you?

Thank you very much for your reply. My girls are excited about the princesses and Madison (wish child) absolutely loves mickey mouse. Can I schedule a meeting with mickey? We have never been to disney before!

Be on the look out for the Character meet and greets in the mornings at GKTW! We got to meet Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Dora, and Mary Poppins. The meet and greets are usually from 8:30 to 9 or 9:30am. It was great and they take everyones pic and then give you all the pictures on a cd at the end of your stay :)

We got our packet today. I was so shocked at all make a wish does for the families. I just set there and cried while looking at everything. My baby was born to a birth mother that was addicted to drugs. She was a twin but baby a did not make it. The doctors told us that there was enough drugs in her system to kill an baby elephant and did not know how she had survived and did not expect her to make it. Her life expectancy is 3-5 and she is almost 4. The last year and a half has been a huge roller coaster for us. We thought dec. 2011 we were going to lose her due to stoke. But my baby girl is a fighter. I have come to the point that I dont trust doctors anymore. I had one doctor to ask us to pull food and let my baby pass. In other words kill my baby. They made us feel like my baby was worthless and was taking up space. Most reactions we get from people are she suffers and why does God allow poor children to suffer. My reaction is that they dont see the smiles and laughs and love in her eyes. Yes she has medical issues but she is still human. God put her in my life to show me how to live. She is a blessing not a burden. As long as I am able I will be her legs, her eyes, her dance partner, her mother. After hearing what everyone around me says all the time it hurts and receiving this package today lifted my spirits. Finally someone besides my husband and myself think my baby is worth the fight. Make a wish cared enough to bring joy to my baby and family.
sorry for the rant lol.. my heart is heavy with joy
72666_4726711210614_1907850544_n_zps1034a216.jpg

my baby Madison (wish child)
305966_4726695530222_1364425065_n_zps120dc44a.jpg

419507_2559201224219_1379672134_31947559_987081534_a_zpsbff6d3f5.jpg

My older daughter Nicole after Madison gtub surgery... They love each other

So sorry your family has had to deal with drs like that!:scratchin You have some beautiful kiddos ::yes::

Thank you all. No maw didnt schedule a meeting with the princess but I am most deff. going to try to get my kids in there. I read the GKTW page. That place seems so awesome. My kids are going to have a blast there. I ordered Madison a special outfit to wear for a meet and greet with Mickey and Mini.:banana: Starting monday morning I will be leaving little gifts in my kids beds to lead upto our trip to give them clues. They still do not know that we are leaving next sunday. I wanted it to be a surprise for them. This really will take all of our minds off the daily medical and stress. My oldest daughter has seen her sister go through a lot. This will be a good thing for her as well.

Well, we are off! :banana::banana::banana: Thanks to everyone here for the wonderful advise and friendships! :cool1:

Momma31, When you get to GKTW, they will give a schedule of everything they have going on in the village. They have met & greets on certain days for the characters from Disney & certain days for the characters from Universal Studios. We always went to this M&G, because the lines at the village are not as long as the ones at the parks, although some CMs(Disney Employees) will take you to the head of the line when you let them know you are with MAW, but this does not happen all of the time. At the village, they will leave you little surprises everyday, so if you are flying, you might want to take an extra bag to bring back all of the goodies that you will get.
You will also get a photopass from Disney for free, take advantage of them, get as many photos you can get. They will give you all of the info for this at the village.
Have Mayor Clayton & Mrs Clayton tuck your children in bed one night, we did not do this, & I regret not doing it.
It will be a busy & awesome week.
You have a beautiful family!
Prayers!!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter