Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

My son and I leave for WDW and GKTW in about 23 days. I'm excited. I never got around to making an itinerary, since its only going to be him and me I planned to just wing it the whole trip. Maybe I'll see some of you there!

Hello, I am new here!

My husband has been fighting stage 4 colon cancer for the last 18 months, and about 2 weeks ago was supposed to have a major liver resection. When the surgeon got in there, he found that the cancer had spread all over the liver, and they weren't able to do the procedure. This has some pretty serious implications for my husband's prognosis, though we haven't (and won't) ask for how much time we have left, etc. We know it's serious though. Anyway, that was Friday. On Saturday, some friends of ours decided they wanted to try to raise funds to send us to Disneyworld. By Sunday night, it was definitely happening, and in a big way! We worked with a Disney TA and booked our trip, and then my in-laws booked a room, then my parents booked a room.

So last week, we were not going to Disney World (probably ever...) and now, we are leaving on February 14! We are over our heads in planning, and while I'm trying not to overplan everything, we are traveling in a group of 11 people total, so some things need to be booked ahead of time. My boys are 5 and 8 and they are so excited that we are going. My husband and I have welcomed the happy distraction as well.

I don't know if this counts as a "wish trip" or not, but I don't see why not. It's not an official organization, but over 200 friends and family, as well as some people we don't even know, donated to make this happen for us. We are absolutely stunned and blown away by the kindness and generosity shown toward our family.

Anyway, I will be browsing through the forums and gathering some more info on our resort and the parks. We are going to be staying at Port Orleans Riverside from Feb 14-23. My husband and I are both renting ECVs, he needs one due to his fatigue and inability to stand for very long, and I had knee surgery 16 weeks ago. I can walk okay, but not 9 days in a row, 5+ miles a day walking.

I just wanted to say hello! Now I need to start digging through all of this information!

Dear Wish Families. I saw you. I saw your kids. I saw Mickey and Minnie enfold your kids in their arms. I have never seen anything like it. I saw how non Wish kids with disabilities were treated- the child with brain damage enfolded in the arms of Mickey. Her eyes when she said hi to Minnie! Time stood still. We cried. It went by too fast! As an adult with a disability I know what the Magic of Disney does for me- can only imagine what it does for you. You inspire me wish families. Because of you- I intend to apply to Disney!

Dear Wish Families. I saw you. I saw your kids. I saw Mickey and Minnie enfold your kids in their arms. I have never seen anything like it. I saw how non Wish kids with disabilities were treated- the child with brain damage enfolded in the arms of Mickey. Her eyes when she said hi to Minnie! Time stood still. We cried. It went by too fast! As an adult with a disability I know what the Magic of Disney does for me- can only imagine what it does for you. You inspire me wish families. Because of you- I intend to apply to Disney!

I will never forget how characters interacted with my 16yo on her Wish Trip. From Minnie to Fairy Godmother to Daisy and Baymax to princesses. OMGoodness, Baymax was incredible. CMs were incredible to our whole family.

To watch Mickey and Minnie enfold serverly brain injured children in their arms- never experienced anything like it. Then I come home and watch videos on YouTube of the Wish Lounge and it's absolutely wonderful- the norm! Incredible!

Hello,

Our family is looking into a wish through Starlight Children's Foundation. Our child has a chronic illness and does not qualify for Give Kids the World. Do you know if the wish is for a chronic illness do children and families still receive the Genie Pass at Walt Disney World?

Hello,

Our family is looking into a wish through Starlight Children's Foundation. Our child has a chronic illness and does not qualify for Give Kids the World. Do you know if the wish is for a chronic illness do children and families still receive the Genie Pass at Walt Disney World?
Yes. If the child is on a trip from a Wish granting organization, the genie pass is included. My daughter went through the Dream Factory. Her condition isn't life threatening but is incurable. She had a genie pass.

Yes. If the child is on a trip from a Wish granting organization, the genie pass is included. My daughter went through the Dream Factory. Her condition isn't life threatening but is incurable. She had a genie pass.
Unfortunately not all wish granting organizations have a relationship with Disney, so not all give the genie pass. Besttoask the organization. You will need to know so you aCNN plan your fast passes if you don't get a genie pass.

We will be going to GTKW in Nov. I was wondering about the following as I couldn't find it in the thread.
1. We plan on only going to DW. Since you only get 3 day park hoppers and we wanto go additional days what would be
the best option? I do not believe that DW will allow you to add on additional days to the tickets since they are donated.
2. Is the Genie Pass good for all week or just the 3 days of tickets that we get?

We will be going to GTKW in Nov. I was wondering about the following as I couldn't find it in the thread.
1. We plan on only going to DW. Since you only get 3 day park hoppers and we wanto go additional days what would be
the best option? I do not believe that DW will allow you to add on additional days to the tickets since they are donated.
2. Is the Genie Pass good for all week or just the 3 days of tickets that we get?

I would suggest calling or emailing GKTW with your questions.

1-800-995-KIDS or myvacation@gktw.org

I am sure they will be very helpful. Everyone I have met there is focused on doing everything possible to make your trip as special as possible.

from what I remember Genie Pass will only be for the 3 days and you can not add without paying gate prices each day.

We will be going to GTKW in Nov. I was wondering about the following as I couldn't find it in the thread. 1. We plan on only going to DW. Since you only get 3 day park hoppers and we wanto go additional days what would be the best option? I do not believe that DW will allow you to add on additional days to the tickets since they are donated. 2. Is the Genie Pass good for all week or just the 3 days of tickets that we get?

I wouldn't buy extra park tickets in advance. We had planned on doing extra days in Disney, but several things changed our mind: 1. My daughters energy was completely drained from the trip, way more than we thought it would. She had a fantastic time, but it was a lot for her, even though we went in winter, used her stroller as a wheelchair, and took lots of rest, she just wilted. 2. There is a lot more to do at gktw than we had planned, even though it was too cold to use the pool. We spent a whole day doing the village. 3. You get sooo much done with that genie pass, you get a lot done in 3 days. We only spent about 4 hours a day in the parks, but we got everything done that we wanted to do. Also, if you don't want to do universal or sea world, you can get free tickets for legoland, the space center, and other area attractions.

starting the process for a friends daughters wish trips does anyone have any suggestions? things they wish they had done? things they wish they had thought to ask for? The wish kid will be 12 in june

starting the process for a friends daughters wish trips does anyone have any suggestions? things they wish they had done? things they wish they had thought to ask for? The wish kid will be 12 in june
Are you looking for wish ideas? I was a wish granter 15 years ago. I had a child that wanted to meet Shriek so he was sent to CA, 2 year old Disney wish, 8 year old dude ranch in Montana, 16 year old shopping spree at the mall, and 18 year old Hawaii trip. I have also heard of a child that designed his own playground and it was built. I really like original wish ideas. Good luck! Oh FYI Celeb wishes may take longer to happen.

Hey I'd like to introduce myself I am Savannah mother of wish child Anakin. Granters are coming Tuesday and my son almost 3 would be beyond thrilled to go to WDW. Just wondering what's the earliest a wish maybe been granted after granters did home visit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!