Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume THREE! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at Portsmouth. In the PICU.

Just saw this post and was wondering if it was a Children's Hospital? I know our Children's Hospital here you can send the kids e-cards. You fill out everything and they print them off and give them to the kids. Do you know if that is available at the hospital you are at. I know Madison would love to send her a card. PM me if you would like and it is available. I think all we would need is her first and last name and her room number.

I need your help...

For those of you guys that have already gone to GKTW...

I want your pictures to make a video...I could pull them off the DIS, but I want your permission before I do that...so if you have pictures posted in your TR that you are ok with me using in the video that I am about to make, then please let me know. :)

:)

Maroo I am fine with you using Ty's pictures:)

And I just want everyont to know I updated our last TR with a personal update. I am having an unexpected surgery (just found out today) this Weds. That may or may not back Ty's surgery up now. Depends on how my recovery comes along. I will get back to my TR I promise. I have most of it written down.
God Bless
Tonya

We are at Portsmouth. In the PICU.

LITERALLY right down the road from me...I am near Maryview Hospital! Let me know if you need anything...I can at least meet you at the gate to help ya out! :)

Still praying hard! Crossing my fingers that the trach helps out tremendously!

Hello all, we are new here and I have a question about MAW. Our youngest has been qualified for a wish and we are meeting with our wish granters a week from today. We are thinking that we will end up with a Disney Trip (or a pool). Once the granters have their meeting what is the typical time frame for getting dates at GKTW? Our son cannot sweat due to meds and we really would rather go in the spring vs summer.

Hi there. I'm mom to mito kids too. We started in July and got dates in sept. We are going in March since 2 of my kids can't be in the heat. One doesn't sweat so she has to wear a cooling vest. I can't wait to hear more about your family.

LITERALLY right down the road from me...I am near Maryview Hospital! Let me know if you need anything...I can at least meet you at the gate to help ya out! :)

Still praying hard! Crossing my fingers that the trach helps out tremendously!

We are there all the time. Alli had an appt yesterday and my husband will be there everyday this week for his pet scans. Please let me know if I can help you!!

THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!:grouphug:
I will definately give you a yell if we need anything!!

Just saw this post and was wondering if it was a Children's Hospital? I know our Children's Hospital here you can send the kids e-cards. You fill out everything and they print them off and give them to the kids. Do you know if that is available at the hospital you are at. I know Madison would love to send her a card. PM me if you would like and it is available. I think all we would need is her first and last name and her room number.

They do not have that service at our hospital. I wish they did though that would be really cool!!!

From my PTR...

I was trying and trying to get an ADR at DTD disney for T-rex or Rainforest Cafe... then I had problems with getting them at a later time as to make sure we see GKTW, do the orientation, etc....then when I went to call (twice) they couldn's hear me on the other end of the line.... so I emailed my friend Carole to see if she could call but she went online and got a 4 PM ADR which I'm thinking might be too early because I don't know our flight times yet. I know they will be early, but I think not early enough.... So... to T-rex or not to T-rex that is the question..... should I have Carole cancel? Should we hold on to this ADR? or should I try to call, hope they can hear me, and make a new ADR.... or maybe I should wait until I have further details for the trip....hmmmmm.... what to do.....
One other option I have considered would be to pick up Carole at All Star Movies after the airport, then head to GKTW, enjoy the afternoon there, take Carole back to Disney, see some DTD, go home and go to bed.........

I do like this option but wonder how much extra time that would take..she does have the complimentary transportation to and from the airport but I wonder if it's only one trip back and forth or could she use it to go to the airport to meet us and still use it to get there to go home.....

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am in need of more help. We have 3 day WDW park hopper passes along with 2 day passes to universal and Island of adventures and 1 day at sea world. I am worried about rushing through WDW. I have emailed Abby's wish coordinator to see about 1 day discounted tickets to one of the 4 wdw parks, but haven't heard back. Does anyone have any suggestions how to handle the 3 day WDW parks?

I am in need of more help. We have 3 day WDW park hopper passes along with 2 day passes to universal and Island of adventures and 1 day at sea world. I am worried about rushing through WDW. I have emailed Abby's wish coordinator to see about 1 day discounted tickets to one of the 4 wdw parks, but haven't heard back. Does anyone have any suggestions how to handle the 3 day WDW parks?

This is standard for all wish families...the 3 day pass. And since Disney gives so much value in tickets to wish families, they don't really do discounted tickets or anything to buy more, as far as I know.

And frankly...they are expensive if you only go for one day. They get cheaper as you add days (per day is cheaper), but to go for one day is pretty high in cost.

The good news is that you are going during a slow time AND you will have the magic button, which basically acts as a fastpass to all attractions and usually for all character lines - so you can really get through the parks pretty fast, assuming you don't overschedule your days with meals in the parks.

IF you are scheduling any meals at Disney restaurants, I would suggest places that are outside the parks and you could do those on non-Disney days. It may be a far trek to drive, though...so it may cost you more time?

Am I already doing a planner for you? That stuff is all at home, so I can't remember. But I will be able to give you a pretty good idea of the best way to approach the parks - most people do the MK for a full day and then pick another park that has the most things they want to see and do to be the 2nd full day park - then they split the other two with the 3rd day. Epcot is really large, so if you are wanting to do the World Showcase, I would pick that as your other all day park. But DHS has long shows...and if you want to see all of them, then you are going to want to pick DHS.

You won't be able to do it all. I would have each member of your family pick the things that matter the MOST to them - and then schedule around that - and fill in with everything else as "bonus"...

Don't forget that GKTW has a LOT to offer as far as entertainment and you could really spend an entire day there enjoying GKTW and it would be a completely "free" day as far as cost, too. They have a ton to do.

I'm not sure they can give you discounted tickets, but hope they do. We are doing all day DW, Epcot, and DHS. We are skipping Animal Kingdom this time. The last time we didn't go to Epcot.Most people combine 2 parks in one day.

From my PTR...

I was trying and trying to get an ADR at DTD disney for T-rex or Rainforest Cafe... then I had problems with getting them at a later time as to make sure we see GKTW, do the orientation, etc....then when I went to call (twice) they couldn's hear me on the other end of the line.... so I emailed my friend Carole to see if she could call but she went online and got a 4 PM ADR which I'm thinking might be too early because I don't know our flight times yet. I know they will be early, but I think not early enough.... So... to T-rex or not to T-rex that is the question..... should I have Carole cancel? Should we hold on to this ADR? or should I try to call, hope they can hear me, and make a new ADR.... or maybe I should wait until I have further details for the trip....hmmmmm.... what to do.....
One other option I have considered would be to pick up Carole at All Star Movies after the airport, then head to GKTW, enjoy the afternoon there, take Carole back to Disney, see some DTD, go home and go to bed.........

I do like this option but wonder how much extra time that would take..she does have the complimentary transportation to and from the airport but I wonder if it's only one trip back and forth or could she use it to go to the airport to meet us and still use it to get there to go home.....

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

For a normal family, I usually would advise NOT to "double" book ADR's...but for a wish family - I basically throw out those "rules" and say go for it.

I would keep the 4:00 and then book another one for later in the evening. That way you can do the meal at 4:00 if you get there too late for the 3:00ish orientation and go to GKTW after you eat. In that case Carole could meet you at DTD and ride with you to GKTW then take a cab back to All Stars.

Do you have Google Maps? I would map it out...because I am pretty sure it is really out of the way to pick her up from All Stars. Seems like it might be better to go to GKTW, do orientation (which I think is at 3:00 or 3:30) and have Carole take Disney transportation to DTD. That will save you some time. Orientation is an hour or so...and getting to DTD is going to take you about 25 min or so. So...I think I would go with a later dinner time as your second option. IF your plane lands after 1:30 or so...then I would plan to not do T-Rex till a later date...OR do it before you even go to GKTW to check in.

I assume Carole is going to want to go to GKTW at some point...If so...I would plan for a cab to take her back to All Stars or a cab to GKTW if she comes in the morning or something. It is going to cost some money (no idea how much)...but seems like it would be better than driving back and forth - an hour on your wish trip is really a long time to spend driving around when you could be enjoying GKTW.

Also...make sure you make time to spend at GKTW. That first day is usually a good day to see it. Lauren and William did not want to leave GKTW that first day to go to our hotel (we had to stay on Disney property) so I was glad I didn't schedule anything that night.

When we were there for my daughter's wish trip in Dec 08, we really didn't want to do the second day at Universal, but wanted to go to Animal Kingdom. We went to the ticket counter at the entrance and asked about discounted admission since we were there with MAW. They directed us over to the Guest Services counter. We explained our situation and asked for a discount. She checked our MAW tickets and then did some magic on her computer and handed us tickets to AK..FOR FREE!!! I, of course, started crying and tried to thank her. She just smiled and told us to go enjoy ourselves. I can't promise you would get the same treatment, but it's certainly worth a shot.

Thanks Maroo.... I think the kids would love Trex but I think GKTW is more important and that they will not want to leave it the first day. I might try to get Carole to come our way. She leaves on Wed after CRT so I think this might be the best. Probably we can do Trex before we leave or on Animal Kingdom day..... or just skip it altogether...

We are there all the time. Alli had an appt yesterday and my husband will be there everyday this week for his pet scans. Please let me know if I can help you!!

You live in the area too?? Absolutely CRAZY! I live in Portsmouth and my DD has Rett. We are not military...just regular 'ol civilians. ;)

Nice to see another Virginia resident here!

(OFF TOPIC)
Can someone help me? I can't see all of my siggy at the bottom... :(
1/2 of my pic of the girls is cut off too but when I go to my profile page to edit, it all appears fine.

I am sooooo excited!!! We got our call for our DATES TODAY!!!
We should have our flight times this week as well...hoping to hear from her today about that but may not be until tomorrow. ;)

We go March 3-March 9!!!!!!!!!!! GKTW & Disney---> Here we COME!!! yay

It's because your signature is too big....I had the same problem. You can put everyone's names on one line and then delete any lines in between.... and maybe make the photo smaller without a border?

You live in the area too?? Absolutely CRAZY! I live in Portsmouth and my DD has Rett. We are not military...just regular 'ol civilians. ;)

Nice to see another Virginia resident here!

Crazy small world. We live in virginia beach but most of the medical care is at portsmouth. So excited you got dates. SO FUN!

(OFF TOPIC)
Can someone help me? I can't see all of my siggy at the bottom... :(
1/2 of my pic of the girls is cut off too but when I go to my profile page to edit, it all appears fine.

I am sooooo excited!!! We got our call for our DATES TODAY!!!
We should have our flight times this week as well...hoping to hear from her today about that but may not be until tomorrow. ;)

We go March 3-March 9!!!!!!!!!!! GKTW & Disney---> Here we COME!!! yay

Yeah on dates!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter