Make Pocahontas a live-action movie

Which Disney live-action are you most excited for?

• mulan

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • aladdin

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • lion king

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

edr012693

Earning My Ears
I made a petition and I am unsure where to post it to reach as many disney fans as possible. Any advice would be great. I currently have it up under the appropriate hastags on instagram but I'm not sure where else is allowed. The Disney community is so supportive and I want the Pocahontas fans to be heard since she is going to be one of the only ones who was skipped in getting a live-action movie.

Personally, I'm not really feeling these live-action remakes that are basically exactly the same as the original. I mean, the new Beauty and the Beast was good and all, but why would I ever choose to watch it over the animated version? If the're side by side on the shelf, I'm grabbing the animated one every time.

I do like the ones that offer a new take, like Maleficent did. That's why I voted for Mulan, because I hear it will not be a musical and will be more of a straight telling of the legend. I LOVE Mulan the animated feature, and I don't need to basically see the same story with songs by less talented singers. If it offers something different, then I have a reason to watch both! So, it's Mulan, though Maleficent 2 is also on my list.

I think Pocahontas and Mulan would make an excellent live action movies.
I really liked Maleficent because I'm not really into the typical Disney Princess crew. Give me the women in the woods and in battle and the villians over them any day :worship:

I hated Cinderella and didn't care for Beauty and The Beast.

Um I partially grew up here in VA and no I good workout a live Disney version of Pocahontas. I didn't like the cartoon version and I didnt like the New World movie made.

I don't know if Pocahontas would be great in live action. I am excited for Mulan, though!

I made a petition and I am unsure where to post it to reach as many disney fans as possible. Any advice would be great. I currently have it up under the appropriate hastags on instagram but I'm not sure where else is allowed. The Disney community is so supportive and I want the Pocahontas fans to be heard since she is going to be one of the only ones who was skipped in getting a live-action movie.
You need an "other" option. Or "none of the above". Or "none".

Personally, I'm less than impressed with the live-action do-overs of the classics.

Please no. Just no. I appreciate the animated feature for what it is, I don't need to re-do it!
The New World is about as accurate as one is getting, but that's not a kids' movie...

I'd watch a live-action Pocahontas if they made it historically accurate. (Like that would ever happen, lol.)

I don't think I'd care to see a new version of Aladdin, since it was Robin Williams who made the original Disney version so good, IMO. I'm not interested in seeing a live-action Lion King, either. Not sure about Mulan.

I'd watch a live-action Pocahontas if they made it historically accurate. (Like that would ever happen, lol.)

I don't think I'd care to see a new version of Aladdin, since it was Robin Williams who made the original Disney version so good, IMO. I'm not interested in seeing a live-action Lion King, either. Not sure about Mulan.

I HATE that Will Smith is the genie in the live action version.

Not really excited for any of them Has Nala actually been cast yet? I heard Beyonece is the front runner. Not a fan.

If they make a live action Pocahontas movie, I wonder if they would tell the actual story instead of whatever nonsense it was they made up.

I also have no interest in any of the other live action movies. Well, maybe Mulan. Maybe.

If you want to watch a live action Lion King, I would suggest any version of Hamlet.

I don't know if Pocahontas would be great in live action. I am excited for Mulan, though!

I agree there are real questions about whether Pocahontas would be any good as a live film. But that isn't the core issue. The latter is the fact remaking Pocahontas as live film is a no win move for Disney, because the 1995 original became controversial and the last thing Disney wants is to do is start up that headache again. Or put another way, Iger hates controversy of any sort, so this will never happen.

If they make a live action Pocahontas movie, I wonder if they would tell the actual story instead of whatever nonsense it was they made up..

Let's see, the actual story approach would involve showing a romantic relationship between an adult Englishman and a 10 year old native American girl, as well as people being tortured.

Yep, that concept will go over like gangbusters in the Disney Boardroom. :lmao:

Not exactly sure why you think I need to relax. It's just a very limited survey (not a quiz). It's typically a good idea to include, at least, an "other" option.

Princess is correct. Survey Research Methods 101 states that close-ended ordinal scale questions should always include a non-classified ("other") response category. Failing to do that irritates respondents, because it implies the survey designer is not open to anything but their pre-designated response options.

Looks like the OP bailed out of the DIS, because they weren't getting the type of response they wanted to their "resuscitate Pocahontas as a live action film" idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter