Making a Cinderella’s Castle Replica - Looking for Disney Fan's input

Twin-Bob

Earning My Ears
tumblr_oyeku0nl3w1wy7yqho1_1280.jpg
tumblr_oyeku0nl3w1wy7yqho2_1280.jpg
We started this project months ago and we would LOVE feedback from our fellow Disney fans!!!

This is a Replica of Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.

We have always wanted an exact replica of the castle but could not find one, other than one that is made of Legos . So... We had a 3D printer and thought,.. why not make one ourselves!

So we set out to do just that!

Below is where we are so far. Every time we look at this we smile. For us, the time we are spending making this castle is was worth EVERY Second.

If you watch the YouTube video below, you will see we even set it up to project Wishes, Celebrate the Magic and others. (Last 2 pics taken from video) I know... we miss Wishes also. But we are headed to WDW in February and can't wait to see Happily Ever After!!!

Looking forward to all of your thoughts!!!

Here is us projecting Celebrate the Magic!
YouTube Video

Tumblr Update Page
https://disneycastlereplica.tumblr.com/

UPDATED - Added Partner Statue to display in front of castle.

tumblr_oy6pxqCUK01wy7yqho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oy6pxqCUK01wy7yqho2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oy6pxqCUK01wy7yqho3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oya6l75ald1wy7yqho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oy6pxqCUK01wy7yqho4_1280.jpg

tumblr_oy6pxqCUK01wy7yqho5_1280.jpg

mickey.gif
Let us know whatcha think!
mickey.gif

Last edited:
We have it displayed in our family room. We try to go to Disney every year and this just reminds us of our vacation and makes the end of the day, after all of the hussle and bussle, end so much better.

I know...It's the little things in life :)

Great castle - I get that you are leaving it white for the projections, but I'd be tempted to paint it.

It reminds me of the plaster-mold things we used to make as kids - but I bet the plastic is much more durable!

Great castle - I get that you are leaving it white for the projections, but I'd be tempted to paint it.

It reminds me of the plaster-mold things we used to make as kids - but I bet the plastic is much more durable!

OMG! THAT'S IT!... I could not put my finger on why that made me think of a project as a kid but yes!... The plastic molds!!! Good call!

That is a really good question. Once we are done filling the seams, we will decide. Maybe I can put a poll here and get everyone's opinion?

I'm new to this channel so i'm just finding my way around. So far, everyone is awesome including you. Lots of support!

Hello All!!!

Just got back from Disney World and I have to say... "Happily Ever After" was amazing. I still feel sad that "Wishes" is gone.

As soon I got home I started designing the additional pillars and restrooms beside the castle so we can project the new "Happily Ever After" projection show on it.

I will post a video of the new projections when I have it completed.

tumblr_p3yqic1lTA1wy7yqho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p3yqic1lTA1wy7yqho2_r1_1280.jpg

Will keep you updated!

Bob

Hi Again All!!!
For those that have been following along with the Castle build, He are a few updates.

After working on the pillars to project "Once Upon a Time" and "Happily Ever After" I printed some quick pillar prototypes to check scale. Not 100% happy with them but with a little modifying they will look great!. I have to say, the side pillars looked amazing when projecting the new shows. (Can't wait to share those videos)

I am also designing the restrooms that are attached to the second pillar you see while at the Magic Kingdom. This is also coming together nicely.

Annnnnd... Thanks to an amazing designer Tuan Vu, I was able to use his Stage files and with a bit of modifying, seen below, I started printing the full stage in the front of the castle. I re-designed it so that I could remove the section of the bridge that was already printed and attach it to the castle when needed. It would attach with railings to the existing Castle and slide right on the bridge. These will be 6 pieces at 12 - 18 hours a piece.

As you can see, by one of the pics labeled, "Failed parts". The downside of this project is each of those parts where 12 hours of printing and only after, did I realize my design needs tweaking. Did this twice before getting it right. :) This happens a lot :)

So.. With some trees to throw in some color and some buses to boot, Things are shaping up! :up:

Castle with Stage Design
tumblr_p4qk4yM3P61wy7yqho1_1280.jpg

Part One of Stage
tumblr_p4qk4yM3P61wy7yqho3_1280.jpg

Buses waiting for guest
tumblr_p4qk4yM3P61wy7yqho7_1280.jpg

Side of Stage part one
tumblr_p4qk4yM3P61wy7yqho8_1280.jpg

Buses Waiting Two
tumblr_p4qk4yM3P61wy7yqho6_1280.jpg

Failed Parts
tumblr_p4qk4yM3P61wy7yqho4_1280.jpg

:) ;) Will keep ya updated! ;) :)
Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!