making a kids day

agoofylover

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are going in Sept. and have been getting DS 3 and DS 5 excited. A person on this site had posted a thread stating that they would send each son a postcard...you know who you are. :rolleyes1 We gave out the kids names and address to send the stuff to...but never got a postcard from DL or a response from the person, when I emailed them. This person is a very known poster and I would have thought they would be kind enough to say they didn't get the chance...so we could find another willing person. Would anyone be willing to do this for us...just to add a little magic that Mickey and the gang is waiting for our arrival eagerly? I will pay for the postcard(s) and the stamps...Or, I would be willing to do the same for another family or two.

I will respond to this post since it is directed at me.

Not only did I purchase a postcard for your sons back in April, I tracked down their favorite characters Mickey and Goofy and stood in lines for autographs so that the signatures were authentic. The postcard was mailed directly from Disneyland on May 7, 2006.

I never received a pm from you stating that nothing was received. You can ask any administrator to verify that fact.

I will be back at Disneyland this Saturday and will again send a postcard if that is your wish. I can't promise autographs this time but I will do my best.

How unfortunate that this happened! It sounds like the postcard was misdirected in the mail, and who knows what happened with the email inquiry about it?

I will say that Tink33 has a big heart! When we had to cancel our April trip, she (and a few others) surprised me in offering to send a consolation fairy godmailer to my little boys. I was so touched by that. You guys are the best! :love:

PS. I meant to add: Tink33, I can't believe you stood in lines to get the postcard autographed not once, but twice! How thoughtful of you. And how unfortunate that such a great souvenir has been lost.

Alex2kMommy said:
How unfortunate that this happened! It sounds like the postcard was misdirected in the mail, and who knows what happened with the email inquiry about it?

I will say that Tink33 has a big heart! When we had to cancel our April trip, she (and a few others) surprised me in offering to send a consolation fairy godmailer to my little boys. I was so touched by that. You guys are the best! :love:

PS. I meant to add: Tink33, I can't believe you stood in lines to get the postcard autographed not once, but twice! How thoughtful of you. And how unfortunate that such a great souvenir has been lost.

Well, I can believe it. Tink33 is probably one of the most generous people I know, and gets a big sense of satisfaction from the nice things she does for others. I do know that first-hand. :flower:

Were not going until the last week of July/first week of August if you want to wait that long. Then when you go in September you could send one to my boys to help them feel special after their trip! pirate:

Let me know if your interested.

Ok everyone,

I'm very much appreciate what you did Tink....You more than went out of your way for us...and no, don't worry about trying again...you already did too much!! :love: I honestly did pm/email you, so I don't know what happend to that. Call it a misunderstanding on my part. Anyhow, I wasn't out to name names...I just figured you were a safe bet to have someone send us cards and it's a little scary as a first timer giving out kids names, ages and addresses without any response in the end. I was so excited for my boys, that's all. Hopefully the rest of you can understand a little from my point of view and not gang up on me too much. ;)
I think I've got the cards covered...thanks for the offers everyone.

agoofylover said:
...it's a little scary as a first timer giving out kids names, ages and addresses without any response in the end.
I agree with you 100%! I was really hesitant to give out this info for my boys, though I loved the idea of the fairy godmailer. I finally took up the offer from someone who was a DIS regular, then panicked when the postcard didn't come as quick as I expected (I think it took more than a week!) All kinds of crazy things ran through my mind, let me tell you. Unfortunately you can't be too careful these days.

Fortunately all is well in the end and our kids get a lovely surprise. And for those of you who put a smile on children's faces, thank you so much!

Thanks for understanding!! It is scary...but I truly love the idea of the fairy godmailer and hope to be able to return the favor to someone(s) when we go in Sept!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter