Making ADR’s for 12 people

dischris11

Mouseketeer
This is my first time traveling with a large group to Disney. Usually it’s just my family. We will have 12 people and our ADR time is coming up. What should my approach be? Should I do it with my husband and have both of us try to book tables for six at the same time? It sounds like smaller numbers will work better to get reservations, is that right? Also, can I make reservations for park dining as long as the person making the reservation has a ticket? I don’t have everyone linked to us. Any other tips for large groups? Thanks.

This is my first time traveling with a large group to Disney. Usually it’s just my family. We will have 12 people and our ADR time is coming up. What should my approach be? Should I do it with my husband and have both of us try to book tables for six at the same time? It sounds like smaller numbers will work better to get reservations, is that right? Also, can I make reservations for park dining as long as the person making the reservation has a ticket? I don’t have everyone linked to us. Any other tips for large groups? Thanks.

A party of twelve makes it harder since a lot of restaurants won't take a reservation for a group that large. What we've done when we've had larger groups is focus on restaurants that DO take larger parties. Biergarten, Hoop Dee Doo, O'Hana, Cape May Cafe, Sanaa are just some of the ones off the top of my head that were able to seat our party of 12 all together.

For all the ADR's we made where they wouldn't take our group of twelve, we split the reservations. It kinda stinks not getting to sit with the whole group, but it is what it is. On our ADR morning, my husband and I both got up and got on our separate computers. He booked for half the group, I booked for the other half, and we worked together to choose ADR times that lined up so that at least we were all in the same restaurant at the same time.

I literally came here to ask this exact same question! Following along.

I'm only trying to book Ohana for a birthday we are celebrating, but we are going the week before Thanksgiving so my hopes are not too high. Can I book for 12 online or do I need to call?

We often travel with another family as a group of 12. The only place we had one reservation for 12 was the Hoop Dee. All others were for 2 tables of 6 within a 15 minute window. Kindly ask if you can be sat together and it's best to be a little early to give them time to accommodate. Chef Mickey sat us at one table. Every other restaurant was adjacent tables. Only Tusker House separated us in other rooms. You do not need to fill in everyone's names, you can leave it as a generic guest, so no need to worry about who has tickets yet. We have found it best to have 2 lead people searching times and figuring out closest reservation slots. We have only booked online right at 6am est. As a group, we have had adjacent tables at 50's, Crystal Palace, Royal Table, Ohana, Liberty Tree, San Angel, Boathouse, Mama Melrose

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter