Making ADRs—Concerns With SWGE

Its the age difference and when you first went. When i went as a kid thats what everyone called Disney world. There was only one park. We as kids did not know or care that it included hotels. Then they added epcot( i hated that as a kid). Years later, i took my brothers kids to disney world and epcot and mgm studios. Now its a diffrent animal entirely. As i said it depends on what you grow up with.

I just changed all my plans, might as well follow the crowd and use up the 3 extra morning hours at HS first, we will still have time for everything, i just want it to be a little more on how i remeber it rather then rush,rush ,rush. Last time i was at the park was maybe 15 years ago. Im just a bit flustered as all i do is plan and then get sent a curve ball. Oh well , such is life!

I just changed all my plans, might as well follow the crowd and use up the 3 extra morning hours at HS first, we will still have time for everything, i just want it to be a little more on how i remeber it rather then rush,rush ,rush. Last time i was at the park was maybe 15 years ago. Im just a bit flustered as all i do is plan and then get sent a curve ball. Oh well , such is life!

Breathe. Make your plans, and use the EMH. The strategy is a way to remove the rush rush rush from your trip, so build an outline and use the EMH to get the most advantage from staying onsite. Get the heck out when your family has begin to feel the effects of the building crowds.

I think that for many of us planning is a bit of a stress reliever and is used to pass the time til the trip. WIth the curveball of all the extra EMH announced so early you have the ability to make changes in advance, so YAY! Once you get to WDW I think you will remember how you felt 15 years ago and you and your family will be fine WHatever you do, the parks will always be there, and so if you want to toss a lot of your plan out, go ahead and do it. Even if you chose to skip the new lands in DHS, or DHS altogether, you will find so much for the family to enjoy.

WE never used EMH in all our years of WDW vacations, but I think I would if I was planning a trip in the beginning of this opening just to be able to relax the rest of the day.

From what I'm reading, we need to do EMH at DHS, so that's what I'm planning. We are planning on going Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. I don't know the hours yet for it, but I'm assuming it will have EMH from 6-9. Wish me luck getting four early 20-something "kids" out of bed! They say they are willing, but that's not reality. But then again wish me luck getting myself out of bed that early on vacation! I think what I will do is book a Thanksgiving lunch (WCC) and a Thanksgiving dinner (LTT) for Thanksgiving Day and then drop the one I don't want after. If we are at DHS at 6 a.m., I will probably drop WCC lunch just so we can go back to the resort and relax before going to MK later. I will also probably book BOG lunch for Black Friday and the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We will probably use it on Saturday and drop the Friday later once we see hours. The plan is go to MK that morning, eat at BOG for lunch, and then hop to Epcot. Thank goodness for my Landry's card since I don't have to make ADRs for Yak & Yeti on our AK day!

I would choose one of the plans and make the ADRs and modify them as needed once SWGE is open and you have your FPs. Or wait to make ADRs since you are not trying to book one of those restaurants that need to be booked up 180 days in advance. I just made our ADR for Memorial Day Saturday and had a choice of places and times, including LTT and WCC. BOG, CRT, Ohana are the MK area ones that you really need to book waaay in advance.

I would choose one of the plans and make the ADRs and modify them as needed once SWGE is open and you have your FPs. Or wait to make ADRs since you are not trying to book one of those restaurants that need to be booked up 180 days in advance. I just made our ADR for Memorial Day Saturday and had a choice of places and times, including LTT and WCC. BOG, CRT, Ohana are the MK area ones that you really need to book waaay in advance.
LTT and WCC are usually easy to get, but not for Thanksgiving Day. I'm going to try for both but will probably not get either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!