Making changes on room only if discounts come out.

Chip_Dale

DIS Veteran
If I book a room only reservation now and a discount come out later for the same time period. Can the discount be applied to the current reservation or do I need to cancel and re book a new reservation.

If I book a room only reservation now and a discount come out later for the same time period. Can the discount be applied to the current reservation or do I need to cancel and re book a new reservation.

If your room type has availability, for your dates, under the discount you'll be able to apply it. If not, you may have to switch resort/room type or dates.

You don't actually book a new reservation, but availability has to exist such that you could book a new discounted room. There is no advantage to having a room booked previously when trying to access a discount at a particular resort. Discounts on rooms are essentially a sale on unsold rooms, so, if anything, every room already booked is a slight reduction in the chance of a discount.

That said, if you want a particular room and category regardless of whether a discount is offered or not, then you should go ahead and book it. Rooms and categories sell out and discounts are never a guarantee.

Our strategy is to immediately book what we are happy with if there are no discounts, then we change the booking if a discount is offered later for something that we would prefer/is now in our budget. You don't have to cancel and rebook even when changing, you just pay the difference in the night's deposit (if any).

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!