Making changes to excursions

Aquagem09

Earning My Ears
How much luck have you had making last minute changes to excursions once onboard?

We have a large family group and everyone else was able to book a dolphin excursion at 10:15 but it was sold out before we could add it. We booked 11:15 hoping we could switch times once onboard. Anyone else been able to do this? Any tips?

I’m going to keep looking to see if the earlier time slot opens up but I wonder if I’ll be allowed to book it without first cancelling the existing excursion? We don’t want to be left without either option!

Thanks!!

I had the same thing happen with only 3 of us. The system will not let you book if you already have a time. I would call DCL. They told be 3-7 days before the cruise departure is when a lot of people cancel or switch.

I just asked in our cruise group if someone who didn't have an excursion on the day in question could check for me about a different time for our excursion. (Whew. Hope you got that.) Anyway, a kind person looked and was able to tell me there were openings and I was able to grab the time we wanted. It's so nice to be in a cruise group where people are willing to help each other.

I agree with melspees, ask in the cruise group. I have actually done this before! I canceled an excursion someone from the group wanted. I told her the time I was going to cancel and she said there was a delay but not very long and she did get it! That was a few years ago now but hopefully the system of drop/adding for excursions is the same. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter