Making Disney reservations for the first time

bunnyfoo

<font color=red>It's Monday and my mind was somewh
Hi everyone! I'll be making my own hotel reservations at Disney for the first time. Should I make the call to the CRO myself or should I go through a travel agency like Dreams Unlimited? When you call CRO do you have to specifically ask for a code or do they offer you the best rate available (probably not :rolleyes: ). Also, do I have to ask if the agent is making the reservation through CRO and not the WDTC?

Thanks for the help everyone :)

I've made ressies both ways. Yesterday I called CRO and got a great rate using a code for Disney Visa holders. I also got a quote from Dreams Unlimited (which I used for my February trip) but it did not compare to the price I received from CRO. I'm sure it would have been lower with an AP discount. It doesn't hurt to get several quotes and choose the best one. Good luck!

Check mousesavers.com for codes. When you find one you can use, call 1-407-W disney. I usually call during the day , on a weekday. I've had great success getting CRO on the first time during less "busy" times. Ask if you are speaking with the Central Reservations Office. Then proceed with your travel info (dates, etc) and tell them you have a discount code.

CRO will NOT offer you the best rate available unless you ask for specific codes.

Dreams Unlimited is great and will certainly get you the best rate possible, but I'd suggest calling CRO first, then submit a pricing request to DU and see which one looks better.

If CRO is lower, book it! You can still transfer your reservation to Dreams and take advantage of their planning and "rate reduction" services at no additional charge.

Good luck with your trip!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Just one more question... can I get more than one quote at the same time (ie. one by calling CRO and one from a travel agent like DU)? I thought I read that you could only have one quote at a time and you'd need to cancel the original one in order to receive another...:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter