Making History! A 2017 Westbound Panama Canal Trip Report **Complete**

I very much enjoyed your trip report! Thank you for including the menus and daily navigators as it makes the report more fun to read. I'm looking forward to reading the adventures of Joy, Jimmy and Emily on the upcoming PC cruise.

Thank you for following along. Our next PC adventure begins in 18 days! The kids and I are ecstatic!

Thank you so much for your fantastic trip report. Can't wait until you return to hear about your solo trip with the kids. I too am a homeschool mom of 2 and always travel with them solo. I am looking at the WBPC in 2019 as a graduation trip for my oldest who will be 17 at the time. She was thinking the EBTA but wants to get one more Vibe cruise in.

Do you have the kids do school at all during the cruise?
Are the cheese and vinegar tastings extra?
Were there lots of meet and greats during the cruise other than ticketed events?
How full was the ship?

Finally finishing your terrific report and now you're on another trip!! yay for you! I hope it is wonderful and that I can read about it later... Your kids are so sweet...We were on the wonder this past June...that pound cake WAS good!! :)

OMG Ariel is on the Wonder!?! Is this all the time or just for longer cruises or hit and miss?

Ariel has been on every cruise that I have been on. She has only made an appearance at dinner during the longer cruises. I feel giddy whenever I encounter her. She is my favorite princess!

Love your pirate costume. Did you make it? If so, would you mind sharing the pattern?

Thank you. I did make my pirate costume. This is the pattern that I used. It was very easy.
http://www.joann.com/butterick-patt...t-and-fitted-vest/zprd_13237151a.html#start=1

Thank you so much for your fantastic trip report. Can't wait until you return to hear about your solo trip with the kids. I too am a homeschool mom of 2 and always travel with them solo. I am looking at the WBPC in 2019 as a graduation trip for my oldest who will be 17 at the time. She was thinking the EBTA but wants to get one more Vibe cruise in.

Were there lots of meet and greats during the cruise other than ticketed events?
How full was the ship?

We do not do school work while we are on vacation. This teacher wants a vacation, too!

The cheese and vinegar tastings are included in your cruise fare. They are yummy! I recommend trying them.

Were there lots of meet and greats during the cruise other than ticketed events? There were character meet-n-greets a plenty. You won't have any trouble meeting your favorites, including some characters you rarely see in the parks. If you have your heart set on meeting princesses, though, I do recommend signing up for their ticketed meet-n-greet.

How full was the ship? The ship was not overly full. I believe there were around 1900 passengers on board. If you are like me and don't particularly enjoy crowds, you would have found it to be quite manageable.

A graduation is a great reason to cruise, let alone one last chance to squeeze in Vibe (Not that I need an excuse ;) ) You'll have a lovely time!

Finally finishing your terrific report and now you're on another trip!! yay for you! I hope it is wonderful and that I can read about it later... Your kids are so sweet...We were on the wonder this past June...that pound cake WAS good!! :)

Thank you for your kind words. I plan on writing a trip report for our most recent adventure. Though, I should probably unpack first.....

Thanks so much for your trip report. I enjoyed reading it so much!!!! We just booked the PC cruise for Feb 2019, and it was such a treat to experience it virtually thru your trip report. I will be watching for your Oct trip report:rainbow::tinker:

Thanks so much for your trip report. I enjoyed reading it so much!!!! We just booked the PC cruise for Feb 2019, and it was such a treat to experience it virtually thru your trip report. I will be watching for your Oct trip report:rainbow::tinker:

See you there! The other social media website is very active for this cruise. There is also a thread here. It's going to be a great cruise.

Nah you should write first, I have been WAITING for another PC trip report, want to get all studied up b/c WE are going on the next one, yippee!

Glad to having you join us in April! It'll be here before we know it.

Thank you so much for answering my many questions. Can't wait to read your latest trip report!

You're welcome!

Thank you! You'll love your PC cruise!

Ahem... :hyper: have you finished unpacking yet? I've been waiting with bated breath, you have such fun panama trip reports.

How many have you been on now?

LOL! Yes I have finished unpacking. It took awhile though. Believe it or not, I have been hard at work preparing for my next trip report. I've been editing and organizing my pictures. I'm almost done. Let me get through the holidays. I promise, its coming!

I've been on 3 PC cruises. We are booked on our 4th in April. Something to look forward to after surviving a Michigan winter!

We'll be on the WBPC in April as well - my second PC cruise (first was EBPC), and DH's first. :-)

DH & I have both been on many Disney Cruises...but this will be his first Panama Canal - actually his first cruise that's longer than 7 days. I absolutely loved my EBPC, so I'm really hoping he likes it too....if not, I'll need to find a cruse budy to do it with me again in 2020:)

Read both of these to live vicariously - never thought I'd get to go on one but we're booked April too! My family is going to think I'm nuts if I spot you or your kids "Yes I know those people - no from the internet you see, they don't know me... I just read their... never mind." ;)

DH & I have both been on many Disney Cruises...but this will be his first Panama Canal - actually his first cruise that's longer than 7 days. I absolutely loved my EBPC, so I'm really hoping he likes it too....if not, I'll need to find a cruse budy to do it with me again in 2020:)

I can't imagine not liking the longer cruises, but as you know I'm a sea day lover. I'm glad to see that you intend to carry on even if your hubby doesn't. I like that attitude! :)

Read both of these to live vicariously - never thought I'd get to go on one but we're booked April too! My family is going to think I'm nuts if I spot you or your kids "Yes I know those people - no from the internet you see, they don't know me... I just read their... never mind." ;)

Glad to hear you'll be joining us in April. I was actually stopped several times on my last cruise by people who'd read my trip report. I loved visiting with them. My kids just assume that I'm such a talker that I know people everywhere!

HI Joy! I always loved your TRs and loved that you are a homeschooling mom and how your kids are so sweet... and I decided last week I will homeschool my 4 yr old for kindergarten (unfortunately I work out of the home also so will do on my days off and will have my sister help) and thought of you! Still trying to work out our curriculum. And still bumming over the fact that we were supposed to be on a Disney cruise this month!! Hope you are all well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!