Making my wife turn purple...

madchatter

...mustard? Now don’t let’s be silly...
or I should say, making Mickey turn purple at tapsties.

It’s a minor thing, granted. But I’d like to make it so that both our magic bands work the same. We are equal co-owners. She has a blue card in her name. She is on the deed. But I’m the only one who turns purple.

Is it because everything runs through my MDE? Is there a way to make MDE aware of her ownership in DVC?

I’m worried that setting up her own MDE will somehow needlessly complicate issues of booking things. As of now, we mostly travel together and I do all of the planning.

Is there an easy way to accomplish what I want? Or am I overlooking something simple? I’m thinking that renewing AP is one issue that would be more complicated with separate accounts. Am I wrong?

Thanks for any insight from previous experience!!

I have planned trips with multiple people who all had MDE accounts never had a problem as long as their MDE account and the name on the reservation is spelled exactly the same as for the turning purple thing I am here now and then the only park that the entry turned purple and was at Epcot and not every time I entered either

We had this problem at first too, my DH would always turn purple and I didn't! I ended up calling and it had something to do with my login or password or whatever. The person on the phone got everything straightened out, and now I turn purple too haha!!!!!

I got purple very consistently over various trips this year. It’s not a big deal but it’s something extra and fun.

I may try calling but I somehow doubt if MS will be much help.

We had this problem at first too, my DH would always turn purple and I didn't! I ended up calling and it had something to do with my login or password or whatever. The person on the phone got everything straightened out, and now I turn purple too haha!!!!!

Do you recall who you called?

Both DH and I pretty consistently get the purple light and a 'Welcome Home' when we scan into the parks. We are also co-owners. We both have our own DVC and MDE logins, but I am not sure that has anything to do with it, more likely it is just a 'fun' DVC IT issue. Not sure why you think having separate accounts would be more complex. I book 99% of everything that we do at WDW for both of us, I even renewed both of our APs using the DVC promotion with no problems (I think I called MS though). I would give Disney a call first before changing things if the way you have it set up works for you, I would probably try the MDE/website group only because I usually have good luck with them.

Both DH and I pretty consistently get the purple light and a 'Welcome Home' when we scan into the parks. We are also co-owners. We both have our own DVC and MDE logins, but I am not sure that has anything to do with it, more likely it is just a 'fun' DVC IT issue. Not sure why you think having separate accounts would be more complex. I book 99% of everything that we do at WDW for both of us, I even renewed both of our APs using the DVC promotion with no problems (I think I called MS though). I would give Disney a call first before changing things if the way you have it set up works for you, I would probably try the MDE/website group only because I usually have good luck with them.

A random CM told me about the separate MDE and there was some downside to it. I thought they said renewing AP but there was something else. Can’t recall. And they probably didn’t know.

Same here.

A random CM told me about the separate MDE and there was some downside to it. I thought they said renewing AP but there was something else. Can’t recall. And they probably didn’t know.

We've never had a problem of any kind that was related to having two DVC logins. However, back in the very, very early days of MDE I created MDE accounts for both of us, and for reasons I can't remember now, some of our family members (who don't have their own MDE accounts) are "managed" by me and some by DH. That has occasionally caused complications, but nothing serious!

I got purple very consistently over various trips this year. It’s not a big deal but it’s something extra and fun.

I may try calling but I somehow doubt if MS will be much help.

Do you recall who you called?

DVC Member Services. I may have been transferred to IT or something after, I can't quite remember...but definitely started with Member Services.

I just wish that stupid reader device would work better, I get about 1 out of 3 that work. They have lots of my photos on something.

My wife and I both had our own MDE accounts, linked of course via friends and family. The deeds (1resale, 1 direct) are in both of our names. We used the same logon credentials for the DVC site as we had for MDE, and then added our DVC member number to our MDE accounts under my account/memberships and passes. So far we are pretty consistently purple.

Not sure what is happening with mine but it only turns purple about 20% of the time at the turnstile. It's nice to hear the cast member say "welcome home!"

I figure this is controlled by the “memberships and affiliations” section of your MDE profile. Doors everyone have that set up?

Not sure what is happening with mine but it only turns purple about 20% of the time at the turnstile. It's nice to hear the cast member say "welcome home!"

The only location I've ever had a cast member say anything was front gate Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter