Making offers & BCV/BW questions...

superdiz

Unofficial Disney Foodie - MOO
New here and learning the ropes. Reading in here it seems you can offer a different price for a resale contract? Have any of you had luck with this?

Talk to me about the advantages of buying Beach Club or Boardwalk for only 23 more years. In your opinion is it worth it? Do we think they will then offer a new contract to the owner when the time is up and if you are a resale owner would Disney possibly snub you on that?

I’m just happy to be here 💕 😂 Thanks all!!

No one knows what will happen in 2042 with the expiring resorts.
My guess with BCV and BWV is that DIsney will refurbish them, increase the point chart to VGF level to reflect the demand and resell them at the outrageous price that will be the norm by then. No extension will be offered, but owners will be offered a small discount to purchase it before sales begin for everyone else, something in the lines of $10 pp discount.
I don't think it's even worth considering owning just because something special will be offered in 2042, buy only if it makes sense for you to use it right now. So, does it make sense? Not for me, no. The price is too high for the number of remaining years. BWV and BCV especially are among the worst values right now. But the reason the prices are so high is because a lot of people want to stay there and the only way to be sure to stay there is to own them. People are ready to pay a premium because they love the resort: what good would be to own a cheaper resort and then hope you really owned BCV because you wanted to stay there but couldn't switch?

Last edited:
No one knows what will happen in 2042 with the expiring resorts.
........(snip)........... But the reason the prices are so high is because a lot of people want to stay there and the only way to be sure to stay there is to own there. People are ready to pay a premium because they love the resort: what good would be to own a cheaper resort and then hope you really owned BCV because you wanted to stay there but couldn't switch?
Agree! The good deal" feeling will soon be forgotten if you are not able to stay where you want to be.

FWIW, that 2042 end date is a PLUS for many of us. We're older (65+) and chances are will not be able to travel much in our later years. I for one do NOT want to leave an obligation to my heirs, who may or may not be Disney fans at that time and may not want to /afford to pay the dues.

You can offer a different (lower) price on DVC resale contracts (not direct). You just need to be prepared to counter or someone snags it at full price. Some sellers may take your offer right away too.
I bought BWV (and BRV) a few years ago. Was it the best economical resort to buy? Probably not but it made sense for my family now. I wasn't going to be concerned about my travel in 25 years. We are happy with our resorts.

The location and feel of these resorts are paramount for us. The value at BWV is unmatched and only owners can get the value studios. I've changed courses many times over the last decade and cannot imagine how it will change in the next 20, so counting on 50 years of ownership isn't a factor at all for us.

I don't think it's even worth considering owning just because something special will be offered in 2042, buy only if it makes sense for you to use it right now. So, does it make sense? Not for me, no. The price is too high for the number of remaining years. BWV and BCV especially are among the worst values right now.

Agree with this 100%. We love BWV and BCV, but kept getting hung up on what we felt was a reasonable price for the number of years left on it. If it had an end date past 2050 when we were buying, we would have bought, no question. We even made offers on several BCV *and* BWV a few years ago, but none of them panned out (as others have said, sellers know the value of their contracts and if they're not in financial trouble, they can wait until the right offer comes along). We ended up buying more RIV points than we would have bought at BCV, BWV or BLT resale, splitting up the contracts so each of our kids could have one (we would make provisions for the MFs to be paid, at least for the first few years). While I will miss walking to EP and HS, we are happy with what Disney is offering for RIV, and the price turned out to be not much more than BCV or BWV direct, with a lot less hassle with ROFR etc.

It’s not the best value, but I think that it’s worth it if you really want to stay at BCV or BWV. For me, I always want to stay at BWV for at least part of every Disney trip (I like to split stay), so it was the only way to reliably get the rooms. A bonus is that the point chart is more reasonable than many other resorts... I’m dreading 2024 when the direct buy-in will likely be out of my price range AND the point chart will be increased significantly. I’m enjoying it while it lasts :-)

I don’t think existing owners, direct or not, will get any special offer. Maybe a slight discount? But I’m not even really betting on that.

I remote possibility is that they offer one of the 2024 resorts an extension so that multiple resorts don’t expire during the same year, but after OKW I don’t see how that will happen logistically. Maybe they offer that people can buy a short extension or the contract just ends (and Disney sells them as cash rooms until the extension is over).

New here and learning the ropes. Reading in here it seems you can offer a different price for a resale contract? Have any of you had luck with this?

Talk to me about the advantages of buying Beach Club or Boardwalk for only 23 more years. In your opinion is it worth it? Do we think they will then offer a new contract to the owner when the time is up and if you are a resale owner would Disney possibly snub you on that?

I’m just happy to be here 💕 😂 Thanks all!!
Buy where you want to stay.

If you buy BCV and have a baby today, your baby would be graduating college about the same Time BCV expires.

That child would have all her childhood memories include her stays at BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter