• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Making Unwanted Correction

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
There is a thread on CB about Disney license plates. In http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46014764&postcount=35 I put the license in the title in full caps (other than the numeral "1") but it displays in mixed case.

This was done on my desktop directly through the Internet and I do not have any autocorrect features in Firefox.

Any ideas, or could a WM or moderator make a correction; it should show up as F1GMENT

Mike

I tried fixing it but it keeps going to lower case. That happens to me, too, when I type in titles to posts.

There has to be at least one lower case letter for it to stay in all caps. No idea why. Has been that way for as long as I can remember. That is why this thread title http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1720431 has the lower case "s". Even with the symbols it would go to mixed until I put the one lower case.

Same with posts too. Typed this with caps lock on

YOU HAVE TO TYPE AT LEAST ONE lOWER CASE LETTER FOR IT TO KEEP THE OTHER CAPS

so for your post title you need to do something like "Mine says F1GMENT"

It's not a bug.

It's a setting we've enabled to change any post or title that is entirely caps to mixed-case. Some posters keep their caps lock on all the time, and some web interfaces (like the old Web TV) send all content in caps.

This anti-shouting feature makes reading those posts a lot more pleasant.

Kathy,

I'd like to request that the admins hack into my brother's yahoo account and put the same settings on there... and, oh by the way, can you do the same on my boss's email account? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter