Male (mid 30s) considering 1st solo trip to WDW

I'm also a fellow UKer and did my first solo trip for 2 weeks last Sept. I had a great time, and met up with a fellow Dis member a few occasions! This year I went in May and had a friend travel with me while also meeting another friend out there.. as much as I enjoyed their company I actually had such a blast last year that I've booked to go back this Sept for another 2 weeks completely solo again! I can't wait! You end up speaking to so many people and doing all the things you love! I personally find it a very different experience going alone, very liberating! And a couple of times I have been mistaken as a cast member on a day off (I wish lol!) so I really wouldn't feel self conscious going alone, it's so much fun and to me it seems quite common to see a lot of solo people around! Good luck

I haven't done solo yet, but I have 5 days booked in August prior to my family joining me for another 6 days. Excited to see how the 2 experiences stack up.

I'm also a fellow UKer and did my first solo trip for 2 weeks last Sept. I had a great time, and met up with a fellow Dis member a few occasions! This year I went in May and had a friend travel with me while also meeting another friend out there.. as much as I enjoyed their company I actually had such a blast last year that I've booked to go back this Sept for another 2 weeks completely solo again! I can't wait! You end up speaking to so many people and doing all the things you love! I personally find it a very different experience going alone, very liberating! And a couple of times I have been mistaken as a cast member on a day off (I wish lol!) so I really wouldn't feel self conscious going alone, it's so much fun and to me it seems quite common to see a lot of solo people around! Good luck

What part of September? I will be down there at the tail end of the month.

You'd be surprised how many people go solo. I've been at restaurants where I've been surrounded by other solo diners and I've met plenty of solos in line for rides. I really wouldn't worry about it at all. I love going solo since you are in total control of your schedule. Went in May with some friends and will go in December meeting up with friend/co-worker, but in September I have 10 nights just me--can't wait! JUST START PLANNING ALREADY!:D:D:D

You'd be surprised how many people go solo. I've been at restaurants where I've been surrounded by other solo diners and I've met plenty of solos in line for rides. I really wouldn't worry about it at all. I love going solo since you are in total control of your schedule. Went in May with some friends and will go in December meeting up with friend/co-worker, but in September I have 10 nights just me--can't wait! JUST START PLANNING ALREADY!:D:D:D

Funny how many of us are going solo in September.

Funny how many of us are going solo in September.
September is the best time I think, especially with all the Halloween fun! I'm there from 10th Sept until 21st! We should start a Solo September thread lol!

September is the best time I think, especially with all the Halloween fun! I'm there from 10th Sept until 21st! We should start a Solo September thread lol!

I thought about that. You will miss me by about two days. September 23rd-29th here. Still, the thread idea would help those of us going solo at the time.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies.

So its decided, mainly due to the outpouring of positivity from you guys and gals, I am definitely going to plan and book book my first solo trip to WDW :) :) :) I'm thinking of staying in POR for 7 nights and spending time in all the parks including the water parks and as a lot have said doing what I want. I will post later when its booked and closer to the time if any want to meet up.

I have read all the tips and made a note of them, any other tips for the solo travel to WDW please feel free to keep me updated :)

Thank you

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies.

So its decided, mainly due to the outpouring of positivity from you guys and gals, I am definitely going to plan and book book my first solo trip to WDW :) :) :) I'm thinking of staying in POR for 7 nights and spending time in all the parks including the water parks and as a lot have said doing what I want. I will post later when its booked and closer to the time if any want to meet up.

I have read all the tips and made a note of them, any other tips for the solo travel to WDW please feel free to keep me updated :)

Thank you

One thing about the water parks, on a 7 night trip I would only pick one. While it is something people do in their downtime from regular park days, it is still a full day experience and can be exhausting in and of itself. It's a good idea to build a day to rest into your itinerary somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!