Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
Anyone see it? I did, and even though the reviews weren't strong and the theater was empty, I rather enjoyed it. It's great high-fantasy with a few nice Disney touches. It maybe gets a little overwrought, but it's a minor quibble. There is some beautiful scenery and great action sequeces, and Angelina pretty much kills it as the not-so-bad baddie and Michelle Pfeiffer is pretty fierce! If you liked the first one I think this should be up anyone's alley. It has a couple of spots that may be difficult for younger kids, so keep that in mind. I really liked it a lot more than I thought I would based on the early buzz.

Last edited:
Anyone see it? I did, and even though the reviews weren't strong and the theater was empty, I rather enjoyed it. It's great high-fantasy with a few nice Disney touches. It maybe gets a little overwrought, but it's a minor quibble. There is some beautiful scenery and great action sequeces, and Angelina pretty much kills it as the not-so-bad baddie and Michelle Pfeiffer is pretty fierce! If you liked the first one I think this should be up anyone's alley. It has a couple of spots that may be difficult for younger kids, so keep that in mind. I really liked it a lot more than I thought I would based on the early buzz.

Yes it was a really great movie. I never seen a movie twice in the movie theatre. This might be the first one. Yes it was that great.

Did either of you have children with you? My 10 tends to be timid when it comes to watching TV and movies. She is going to a birthday party Saturday and they are going to see this movie. I am torn as to what to do although the mom is quite okay if I go to the movie too so my daughter won't be alone.

Did either of you have children with you? My 10 tends to be timid when it comes to watching TV and movies. She is going to a birthday party Saturday and they are going to see this movie. I am torn as to what to do although the mom is quite okay if I go to the movie too so my daughter won't be alone.

I did not have children with me. At 10 I think she could handle it pretty well. There is action along the lines of Star Wars - little blood and a macguffin using the Fay people's vulnerability to iron. There are some character deaths though, but there is definitely a happy ending.

Should we just wait for Disney+ to show it? I enjoyed the 1st movie.

I mean, I really liked it - more than the first one even. It's worth a go in theaters I think, but I totally understand about waiting for D+ - I've felt that way about a few movies this year knowing I'd have the option (Aladdin, Lion King). So, either way, really.

I haven’t seen it yet, but hopefully tomorrow. The critics were down on it, but they’re down on most Disney live action films. The audience score is what counts and that is 95%. I wish more people were talking about it on forums. Aladdin had a poor critics score and a crazy high audience score, too. It made significantly more in the opening weekend than predicted. That’s because people were talking about how much they liked it, which made other people decide to see it. I haven’t seen anybody discussing this.

I haven’t seen it yet, but hopefully tomorrow. The critics were down on it, but they’re down on most Disney live action films. The audience score is what counts and that is 95%. I wish more people were talking about it on forums. Aladdin had a poor critics score and a crazy high audience score, too. It made significantly more in the opening weekend than predicted. That’s because people were talking about how much they liked it, which made other people decide to see it. I haven’t seen anybody discussing this.

That's one reason I started the thread. Unfortunately the buzz for this one just wasn't very good and the box-office disappointed. It is too bad because it is a really good movie.

Yes it was a really great movie. I never seen a movie twice in the movie theatre. This might be the first one. Yes it was that great.
I remember seeing the new The Jungle Book 3 times in the theater. Other than that I seldom see movies in the theater more than once as well. (Actually I think I saw Pan 3 or 4 times at the theater, but that's a rarity, and Mary Poppins Returns 2 times.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter