Man Found Camping On Discovery Island, Arrested and Banned

If your name is not on the tickets. And there no photo ID. How do they actually banned you.

Are DISNEY just upset that that man did not pay his caping fee ?
camping sites at FW an discovery island

If your name is not on the tickets. And there no photo ID. How do they actually banned you.

Are DISNEY just upset that that man did not pay his caping fee ?
camping sites at FW an discovery island
I would assume the cops passed the information back to WDW security when they handed him over. And Discovery Island doesn't have campsites. No non-WDW personnel have been on the island in an authorized manner since the 90's.

Isn't the water around that Island poisonous with killer bacteria? he just pulled up in his boat, without getting wet at all. I agree, critters with teeth are NOT my thing! I've heard of other people getting on there but not recently.

I have a question for Floridians who understand lake biology. We know that people use to ski and swim directly in the Bay Lake waters in the 70s and 80s. And back then the water looked much "cleaner". What has change in the last 30 years so that the water isn't fit for humans any longer? Or are they as safe as they ever were yet attitudes have changed?

It is called Naegleria fowleri and occurs over time, mostly in hot climate waters. It is very likely that, if tested, they might not have found traces until later. I feel like there were a rash of issues in the southern states with this issue in the late 90’s and early 00’s. I also think some people contacted and dead from this amoeba at River Country.

What has change in the last 30 years so that the water isn't fit for humans any longer? Or are they as safe as they ever were yet attitudes have changed?
No changes since 1971 just a fact of life in any fresh body of water that is not treated. In "summer" months (warm) almost any untreated body of water can have amoeba that are dangerous if they enter your nasal passages. Somewhat rare but cases do happen every year. The disease, amoebic meningoencephalitis, attacks the nervous system and brain. It is often referred to as the brain eating amoeba.

It is like an algae bloom but with a deadly amoeba that flourish in warm water. There have been deaths in may parts of the country, it is not unique to Florida.

We grew up swimming in Bay lake while on vacation at Disneyworld, our kids swam in bay lake until the mid 90's. First Disney removed swimming areas in Bay lake and finally in 2018 Sammy Duvall’s Waterpsorts Centre closed forever on August 31st, 2018. They offered parasailing, tubing, wake boarding, and waterskiing in Bay lake.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter