Man tasered and arrested at MK dessert party.

EpcotBaby

Earning My Ears
I was with my family at the MK Fireworks dessert party on Friday night. I was up getting coffee when I heard a woman scream. I immediately thought someone had a heart attack so I went to get my husband ( he is an ER doc ), but as I turned around I heard two large popping sounds and people went absolutely hysterical, running, crying, getting under tables. At first I thought it was a shooting. Then I saw 4 sheriff officers in full uniform take down a man that was eating at the party with his family. Evidentially they came to arrest him and he tried to run so they tased him in front of everyone at the party. I found this to be so out of character for Walt Disney World. I thought they did everything to keep these kinds of things out if the public eye. I was very shook up by this event. Has anyone seen anything like this happen before ?

Disney can't control how the sheriff's department acts with things like this. I do find it weird that they had 4 officers though.

He must have hit the limit of unlimited deserts.

I still remember a time when I was at the main Bass Pro in Springfield when I was 9. We were walking out about 40 feet behind a family with a couple of kids, between us were a couple guys in their twenties.

As soon as the family walked outside, the two guys took off running after them and two other guys that had been standing around talking outside took off towards the family too. Within seconds a couple of them had tackled the dad and got him in cuffs, another one had pulled the mom back and knocked away her purse and the other guy was making sure the kids didn't run off. I assume they were shoplifting since they waited for them to leave.

Crazy event and I still remember it well more than a quarter century later.

I still remember a time when I was at the main Bass Pro in Springfield when I was 9. We were walking out about 40 feet behind a family with a couple of kids, between us were a couple guys in their twenties.

As soon as the family walked outside, the two guys took off running after them and two other guys that had been standing around talking outside took off towards the family too. Within seconds a couple of them had tackled the dad and got him in cuffs, another one had pulled the mom back and knocked away her purse and the other guy was making sure the kids didn't run off. I assume they were shoplifting since they waited for them to leave.

Crazy event and I still remember it well more than a quarter century later.

I would imagine the poor kids of those parents also vividly remember that day!
Wonder how they turned out??!

Complete speculation but it seems like Disney cooperated and gave them his Disney itinerary. And then they chose to nab him in a space more conducive to success(confined space, less people).
That is what it seems like, but I'd be surprised if they ran every name at Disney through a warrant search. I have heard of people getting picked up at airports because every name is ran through the DHS.

I can only imagine the conversation with Disney when he booked the event.

Disney Customer Service Rep - "Now, sir, there is a CHARGE associated with this event."

Customer - "Not a problem at all."

Disney Customer Service Rep (chuckles to himself) - "I'm sure it will be a night to remember".

That is what it seems like, but I'd be surprised if they ran every name at Disney through a warrant search. I have heard of people getting picked up at airports because every name is ran through the DHS.
It wouldn’t have to be every name. Perhaps this guy was on a most wanted list, some federal agency trying to track him down found a post on social media from one of his kids that mentioned Disney and they hacked in/asked Disney for their itinerary.

Yeah they probably weren't monitoring Disney guests they were just monitoring this one guy, or a team was, and they saw that he was going to Disney. After that Im assuming they asked Disney to cooperate by provided his schedule.

I don’t believe he was targeted, he probably resist and any police officer will taser, specially at a place like Disney were they won’t be chasing anyone with guns or taser risking everyone else. People will learn from this that Sheriff is there and will show up like “magic” at any place inside the parks when needed and they won’t think twice to subdue you with taser.

Seriously seems like the sherifs department could have handled this better. But we also don't know what the charges were. Perhaps he is dangerous and this was their best option to nab him.

You criticize them for not handling it better, but in the next sentence you say maybe they had not other choice. I find it interesting your first instinct is to criticize the police and not the fool who caused it all. This is assuming that the OP accurately explained the situation. Eye witness accounts in chaotic or traumatic events are often wildly inaccurate. Could it be that he did something minor and was going to be arrested, but then he resisted arrest? At that point it doesn't matter if it's the parking lot to Walmart or the MK, the police are trained to handle a resisting suspect the same. Their is not a special Disney use of force protocol. The use of a Taser is now preferred over the use of physical compulsion. The Taser is far less likely to cause injury (to the suspect or officer)than an officer laying hands on a suspect.

Disney can't control how the sheriff's department acts with things like this. I do find it weird that they had 4 officers though.

Actually it's not weird at all. The more officers, the more intimidating. The more intimidated they make the suspect, the less likely they are to resist. Is there a recommended maximum or minimum number of officers you would suggest sending? That's assuming you know what he was being arrested for in the first place?

Disney doesn't control the sheriffs department. If they come to arrest you and you resist you're going to have issues. Maybe they tried to do it quietly and that didn't work. I don't think this is Disney's fault.

I'm going to agree with you. I can almost guarantee they tried to do it quietly. However, I do think Disney played some part in it. It sounds like he did something bad to warrant "the special attention" and Disney security or cast members alerted the deputies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter