Man tasered and arrested at MK dessert party.

I would imagine that WDW receives information on people wanted for serious crimes and if those names pop on a reservation they can notify the appropriate agency that the person can be found at a certain location.
They would, especially because the last thing Disney wants is for WDW to become a hiding place for, let's say someone who's wanted by the FBI and the CIA for being part of ISIS, and has committed crimes against humanity. Then again, wanted criminals who would book under their own name, knowing that the sophisticated technology Disney employs would identify them straight away, are rather dumb.

I would imagine that WDW receives information on people wanted for serious crimes and if those names pop on a reservation they can notify the appropriate agency that the person can be found at a certain location

Who or what government agency shares this information with Disney? I'm sure you have an example of WDW receiving sensitive law enforcement information and then using their reservation system to crosscheck names of wanted offenders right?

They would, especially because the last thing Disney wants is for WDW to become a hiding place for, let's say someone who's wanted by the FBI and the CIA for being part of ISIS, and has committed crimes against humanity. Then again, wanted criminals who would book under their own name, knowing that the sophisticated technology Disney employs would identify them straight away, are rather dumb.

No person is "wanted" by the CIA. The CIA is not a law enforcement agency and they have no police powers. Do you really think that Disney would become a hiding place for someone who is wanted, much less war criminals? I think we are starting to float into tinfoil hat land.

No person is "wanted" by the CIA. The CIA is not a law enforcement agency and they have no police powers. Do you really think that Disney would become a hiding place for someone who is wanted, much less war criminals? I think we are starting to float into tinfoil hat land.
That's what I just said. It would be rather dumb for a wanted criminal (let alone, let's say someone who's committed crimes against humanity) to hide in Disney, especially if they came in under their real name.

That's what I just said. It would be rather dumb for a wanted criminal (let alone, let's say someone who's committed crimes against humanity) to hide in Disney, especially if they came in under their real name.

I must have misunderstood your post. It sounded like you were actually entertaining the idea that wanted criminals would use Disney as their hideout.

There have to be a lot of criminals among park guests each and every day. For them to come after him at a Disney dessert party, I’ll speculate that this was a pretty bad dude. Disney security is discreet and handles many situations every day without guests even noticing.

I think you have a very naive view of how thoroughly Disney controls what happens in its parks, including law enforcement response and medical emergency response. They absolutely control how these things are handled - with legal means and with pressure on local authorities that comes from being the Big Mouse in Town.

Something like this happening is EXTREMELY out of the ordinary and I'm shocked it isn't in the news, actually.

I’m with you on this one. I have several friends who work Disney Security and I’ve heard stories of things that go down all around us there that we have no idea of. It’s a OO7 operation. This is absolutely out of the ordinary and now I wish I knew what this man was “wanted” for. I would wager it was pretty severe for him to be taken down by 4 Police officers, at a dessert party, with his family around. I’m surprised it hasn’t hit the news yet, either!!

There have to be a lot of criminals among park guests each and every day. For them to come after him at a Disney dessert party, I’ll speculate that this was a pretty bad dude. Disney security is discreet and handles many situations every day without guests even noticing.

Yes. This exactly.

You criticize them for not handling it better, but in the next sentence you say maybe they had not other choice. I find it interesting your first instinct is to criticize the police and not the fool who caused it all. This is assuming that the OP accurately explained the situation. Eye witness accounts in chaotic or traumatic events are often wildly inaccurate. Could it be that he did something minor and was going to be arrested, but then he resisted arrest? At that point it doesn't matter if it's the parking lot to Walmart or the MK, the police are trained to handle a resisting suspect the same. Their is not a special Disney use of force protocol. The use of a Taser is now preferred over the use of physical compulsion. The Taser is far less likely to cause injury (to the suspect or officer)than an officer laying hands on a suspect.

Actually it's not weird at all. The more officers, the more intimidating. The more intimidated they make the suspect, the less likely they are to resist. Is there a recommended maximum or minimum number of officers you would suggest sending? That's assuming you know what he was being arrested for in the first place?

I'm going to agree with you. I can almost guarantee they tried to do it quietly. However, I do think Disney played some part in it. It sounds like he did something bad to warrant "the special attention" and Disney security or cast members alerted the deputies.

That’s a great point everyone was quick to blame police and how they handled it. This world has gone nuts.

I've seen and participated in many things like this since I worked in law enforcement for 11 years. Sending 4 deputies was precautionary and dude probably had an outstanding warrant or something and was found at Disney. No one knows but you can't blame Disney on this. If dude runs instead of cooperating that's completely on suspect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter