Man tasered and arrested at MK dessert party.

You criticize them for not handling it better, but in the next sentence you say maybe they had not other choice.

Yeah and I stand by that uncertainty. We don't know the severity of this person's crimes so we can't make a determination really. Maybe it needed to happen where it happen? But there are families on once in a lifetime trips, and here even more so there were ones who paid expensive up-charges to enjoy a desert party. Did it have to go down there instead of the parking lot? We don't have enough info to answer that question. But Im sure the other families who's evening was affected would have preferred it to occur elsewhere.

Yeah and I stand by that uncertainty. We don't know the severity of this person's crimes so we can't make a determination really. Maybe it needed to happen where it happen? But there are families on once in a lifetime trips, and here even more so there were ones who paid expensive up-charges to enjoy a desert party. Did it have to go down there instead of the parking lot? We don't have enough info to answer that question. But Im sure the other families who's evening was affected would have preferred it to occur elsewhere.

If the police have a warrant for an arrest, they decide when and where it happens. Disney cannot tell the police to go away and come back later. And if they did, and this suspect had proceeded to commit a crime or hurt someone, Disney would have been liable. Once in a lifetime, expensive trip.... none of this matters to law and order. They are distinct and separate things. Contrary to what we all want to believe, Disney is not actually a bubble. It is part of our imperfect world. So there are security checks, ride and park breakdowns, ill mannered guests and occasionally cast members, and, when necessary, police actions.

People spending money does not change this reality.

If the police have a warrant for an arrest, they decide when and where it happens. Disney cannot tell the police to go away and come back later. And if they did, and this suspect had proceeded to commit a crime or hurt someone, Disney would have been liable. Once in a lifetime, expensive trip.... none of this matters to law and order. They are distinct and separate things. Contrary to what we all want to believe, Disney is not actually a bubble. It is part of our imperfect world. So there are security checks, ride and park breakdowns, ill mannered guests and occasionally cast members, and, when necessary, police actions.

People spending money does not change this reality.

I think you have a very naive view of how thoroughly Disney controls what happens in its parks, including law enforcement response and medical emergency response. They absolutely control how these things are handled - with legal means and with pressure on local authorities that comes from being the Big Mouse in Town.

Something like this happening is EXTREMELY out of the ordinary and I'm shocked it isn't in the news, actually.

I think you have a very naive view of how thoroughly Disney controls what happens in its parks, including law enforcement response and medical emergency response. They absolutely control how these things are handled - with legal means and with pressure on local authorities that comes from being the Big Mouse in Town.

Something like this happening is EXTREMELY out of the ordinary and I'm shocked it isn't in the news, actually.
A warrant is a warrant. Can Disney complain? Yes. But they have to work with law enforcement. Could Disney block the service of the warrant in the park with a legal filing? Possibly. In the end though, a judge would rule on the warrant and law enforcement would go by that ruling. But again, Disney is then on the hook, at least publicity wise, if something should happen do to the delay. There is a complicated balancing act between how Disney and local services interact. It does little good to be at each others throats. So yes, I agree Disney definitely has influence. But I suspect they carefully choose their battles, and trying to block arrest warrants wouldn't be my choice for the line in the sand.

A warrant is a warrant. Can Disney complain? Yes. But they have to work with law enforcement. Could Disney block the service of the warrant in the park with a legal filing? Possibly. In the end though, a judge would rule on the warrant and law enforcement would go by that ruling. But again, Disney is then on the hook, at least publicity wise, if something should happen do to the delay. There is a complicated balancing act between how Disney and local services interact. It does little good to be at each others throats. So yes, I agree Disney definitely has influence. But I suspect they carefully choose their battles, and trying to block arrest warrants wouldn't be my choice for the line in the sand.
A warrant is a warrant for sure, but I would bet disney can express their opinion to the local police and I bet the local police listens to their suggestions sometimes. I have a feeling with the size of the complex, and the complexity of the area, including it being a potential terrorist target, that WDW and the local police work hand in hand on a lot of things.

Disney World is different than your local theme park.

This one seems outside the norm, this guy must have done something really bad and also must have been putting the officers and those around them in danger for this type of reaction from the officers.

What if the guy was suspected of being a child-molester (not saying he is)? Wouldn't Disney cooperate gladly, and if they knew, wouldn't the guests be pleased to see him taken down, by any means?

Could Disney block the service of the warrant in the park with a legal filing? Possibly. In the end though, a judge would rule on the warrant and law enforcement would go by that ruling.

Actually Disney cannot block the execution of an arrest warrant. An arrest warrant is in fact a written order signed by a judge that COMMANDS any law enforcement officer to bring the accused person before the court. Any Disney employee that tries to block the execution of a valid warrant is subject to arrest for obstruction (or whatever Florida calls their version of the law).

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate this was not a scheduled or planned warrant service. I can't see any law enforcement agency doing it in a crowded theme park as a planned operation.

Last edited:
We only have a snapshot of one moment in time. With little information, the scenario does not make sense in that too much of a scene was created in the execution of a police function. Therefore, there has to be a lot more to the backstory that we will never know. I still have a lot of faith in law enforcement acting appropriately for the conditions at any moment in time. Thankfully no other guests were involved, apparently.

Is anyone else suspicious that this alleged incident has not been in the news or a video has not surfaced on YouTube? Someone sneezes loud in the library and it is on YouTube in 10 minutes. A dude getting the taser treatment at the MK with people diving under tables to save themselves from certain death gets 0 mentions in the news or on social media? :confused3

Yes there is protocol: if you resist arrest, the police using a taser to subdue you is a distinct and often likely possibility. 👮‍♂️
I meant a protocol for how the CM are supposed to react. I worked in Law Enforcement for 10 years, so I understand resisting arrest.

Officer: Leaning in and speaking quietly: "Sir, we have a warrant for your arrest. We need you to come with us without creating a scene if possible."
Subject: "Do you know what tickets to this place and this event have cost me?"
Officer: "That is irrelevant sir. We have a warrant for your arrest. Please come with us."
Subject: "Not until I am through with my desserts and see the fireworks!"
Officer: "Again sir, you need to come with us NOW!"
Subject: "Do you want to see my receipt? I am not going until I get what I paid for already!"
Then the scene you described took place. Just my imagination at work here.
Seriously, I hope it wasn't a violent criminal and I hope everyone recovers from whatever they were feeling.

I saw an arrest at Pop back in 2006.

I can remember waiting for a bus to MK - I had just sent my DD14 back to the room to get a new battery for our camera and thank god I did.

I was waiting on a bench at the bus stop and I thought to myself “where the heck is everyone?” It was pretty quiet in the World in ‘06 but for me to only have 3 additional people in my sight was so weird. But I was stuck in my own little world so it didn’t occur to me until after the events went down.

On the bench further down to my left was a single gentleman and at the DTD stop was a couple sitting on a bench. Some folks much further out in the parking lot but no one else close.

Next thing I know a man with a gun came out of nowhere and began yelling at the single man to my left “hands up! Get on the ground” etc. I had no idea he was an uncover police officer. I thought for sure he was robbing us, I actually began to reach for my wallet. Then more “tourists” with shopping bags and police badges around their necks showed up to assist with the arrest.

Then everyone who had been holding inside came out to the bus stops as he was being led to a police car. I was an instant celebrity.

Needed a nap after that adrenaline rush let me tell ya.

I’ve told this story once before on these boards years ago and was pretty much called a liar. Nice 🙄. But I had the mindset to take photos at the time (and posted them here) - and I’m glad I did because I might not have believed it either.

Even Disney can’t hide reality. They chose to take that man down inside WDW for a reason- and considering the guy still tried to run it sounds like it was a good call.

Those kids are gonna have the best How Was Your Summer stories when they go back to school!

I can't help but feel it's wrong that every time I come to this thread I'm trying to find an Electric Light Parade joke and it feels like it's on the tip of my keyboard but just won't come through... I think I'm subconsciously repressing it out of common decency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!