Man tasered and arrested at MK dessert party.

If you know you want to arrest someone and you know where they will be and what time and they have gone through security that includes a metal detector. If they are known to carry and be high risk, that sounds like a good place to me. That is a lot of ifs though and lots of speculation.

I can't help but feel it's wrong that every time I come to this thread I'm trying to find an Electric Light Parade joke and it feels like it's on the tip of my keyboard but just won't come through... I think I'm subconsciously repressing it out of common decency.

That’s funny...I almost posted a picture of Taserface from Guardians of the Galaxy!

If you know you want to arrest someone and you know where they will be and what time and they have gone through security that includes a metal detector. If they are known to carry and be high risk, that sounds like a good place to me. That is a lot of ifs though and lots of speculation.

I'm not really sure why so many people think the most reasonable explanation was that this guy was already known to the police before he entered the MK? I'm further confused why so many think he was a known wanted person and the police decided to do a "take down" during the dessert party? How many hardened wanted criminals are going to the MK and paying for the dessert party you think? I'm not saying it's impossible, but do we really think that any of the above scenarios are likely? Based on the story from the OP, is it more likely this person was a normal guest who got out of control while at the MK and had to be dealt with there? I know folks love a juicy crime story, but I think many are overthinking this situation.

I'm not really sure why so many people think the most reasonable explanation was that this guy was already known to the police before he entered the MK? I'm further confused why so many think he was a known wanted person and the police decided to do a "take down" during the dessert party? How many hardened wanted criminals are going to the MK and paying for the dessert party you think? I'm not saying it's impossible, but do we really think that any of the above scenarios are likely? Based on the story from the OP, is it more likely this person was a normal guest who got out of control while at the MK and had to be dealt with there? I know folks love a juicy crime story, but I think many are overthinking this situation.
I feel like if your was was what happened security within Disney would have handled it not the sherrif. But we will never know.

I feel like if your was was what happened security within Disney would have handled it not the sherrif. But we will never know.

I'll admit I am not familiar with Disney's policy regarding their own security getting involved in physical confrontations. However, most major security companies (mall cops) forbid employees to lay hands on anyone. A likely scenario is that security tried to handle it quietly or the circumstances made security think that the presence of actual deputies was necessary. I don't know for sure what exactly happened and neither does the OP. It's like having the border of a puzzle done and then trying to guess what the puzzle depicts. What I can do is use my common sense and personal experience to eliminate some very unlikely scenarios.

Important distinction is whether it was Orange County, FL state police, ICE or FBI or even a combined drug task force they roll differently procedurally as to executing a warrant
This one seems outside the norm, this guy must have done something really bad and also must have been putting the officers and those around them in danger for this type of reaction from the officers.
My guess More than shoplifting
m going to go out on a limb and speculate this was not a scheduled or planned warrant service. I can't see any law enforcement agency doing it in a crowded theme park as a planned operation
Unless...
If known to be typically armed and dangerous via priors, police had upper hand as he went thru security
Based on the story from the OP, is it more likely this person was a normal guest who got out of control while at the MK and had to be dealt with there? I know folks love a juicy crime story, but I think many are overthinking this situation.
Perhaps earlier during visit. Why internal security didn’t handle is puzzling tho in that scenario

They don't go around tazing people at WDW for shoplifting and as far as I know, their own cops would handle something like that and not call in Orlando's finest. I'm with the others that this guy was on some sort of most wanted list and red flags went off when he booked a trip to Disney. Probably used a credit card on property and there he was. I would also guess that for them to pull out all the stops like that, he must have been dangerous. I guess Disney's protocol is far different these days than it was back in the 80's. In the day, you would never see an ambulance or a cop because it would ruin the Disney experience. They handled things behind the scenes with their own staff regardless if someone was dying. Many lawsuits later and in this day and age that just isn't happening. At least this is how it used to be handled at Disneyland according to the book Mouse Tales. Sooo much interesting stuff in that book if you haven't read it. It's different accounts of things from former cast members from anything from CM pranks to deaths and lawsuits. Best Disney related book I've ever read.

No one knows what happened...I like the posters criticizing the police when they literally have no idea what happened, at all.
True! I'd much rather the cops tase the hell out of someone if it meant that I might have had my little niece sitting beside someone wanted for murder or kidnapping or God knows what. Um yeah, ruin my Disney bubble for a minute and keep my family safe no matter to what extent you need to go! Do your job to serve and protect and I'll be grateful and keep my pie hole shut! Everyone's got something to say these days. Everyone's looking to be the first person to find something offensive and it's nothing more than looking for attention. For all we know that dude could have been a child predator looking to snatch a baby for trafficking. How harsh would tasing him be then? I always wonder just how far a bleeding heart will go when all of the sudden they find themselves the victim?

Last edited:
Either he had done something wrong that day and the cops were called by Disney for whatever he did and they followed him to the party, or Disney has co-operated with law enforcement and fed them his itinerary. One would have thought though, if he was staying on site, if the latter, they’d have just nabbed him at the hotel room- not a packed dessert party where there is risk of bystander casualties. This leads me to believe he had done something that day, then resisted arrest.
Whatever, it was an electrifying experience for those there. Takes the Villains party to a whole new level.

Last edited:
Yeah and I stand by that uncertainty. We don't know the severity of this person's crimes so we can't make a determination really. Maybe it needed to happen where it happen? But there are families on once in a lifetime trips, and here even more so there were ones who paid expensive up-charges to enjoy a desert party. Did it have to go down there instead of the parking lot? We don't have enough info to answer that question. But Im sure the other families who's evening was affected would have preferred it to occur elsewhere.
Not if dude was scoping out a child at that party to snatch. I think the police know far better when excessive force is needed. It's not for us to tell them how to do their jobs because of our expensive first world problems. So what if your dessert party was briefly interrupted? You and your family are safe and you don't even know why and it's probably better that way. Would you care about your dessert party if that guy had walked off with your child and would you be saying, "well don't grab him here...people are eating!" lol

Seriously seems like the sherifs department could have handled this better.

Based upon what? Do you have facts that we do not or were you an eye-witness?

The cops are not always bad and they do not always handle things incorrectly, just because civilians do not like the way it turned out.
Unless you know why the man was arrested, what his charges were, if he was considered dangerous, etc, your comment is an assumption based upon bias.

Not if dude was scoping out a child at that party to snatch. I think the police know far better when excessive force is needed. It's not for us to tell them how to do their jobs because of our expensive first world problems. So what if your dessert party was briefly interrupted? You and your family are safe and you don't even know why and it's probably better that way. Would you care about your dessert party if that guy had walked off with your child and would you be saying, "well don't grab him here...people are eating!" lol

Thank you for having common sense. :)

The law was there for a reason. Sadly, a child's safety was my first thought. Either he was arrested on child endangerment charges or perhaps something more severe and unthinkable.

I would imagine he was being arrested for SOMETHING (could have been for something big or small. Doesn't matter), but resisted arrest which caused the tasing.

If known to be typically armed and dangerous via priors, police had upper hand as he went thru security

I wouldn’t accept the risk of apprehending someone in a crowded environment like the Magic Kingdom just prior to the fireworks. Even if it meant they had gone through security. Security is good but it’s not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, we don’t even know that he went through the metal detector. Not everybody does.

Yeah and I stand by that uncertainty. We don't know the severity of this person's crimes so we can't make a determination really. Maybe it needed to happen where it happen? But there are families on once in a lifetime trips, and here even more so there were ones who paid expensive up-charges to enjoy a desert party. Did it have to go down there instead of the parking lot? We don't have enough info to answer that question. But Im sure the other families who's evening was affected would have preferred it to occur elsewhere.

I do absolutely feel for people who may have been frightened or otherwise traumatized by the situation. However, my guess is that yes, it had to go down there for some reason or another. I am sure the officers would like to have at few random civilians around during an arrest as possible, but that's not how things go sometimes. If that guy posed any danger to anyone, then I think the priority would be for it to go down as soon as possible rather than to wait for a time and location that might be more convenient to guests...whether they were there on a once in a lifetime trip or their 4th trip this year.

okay lets have this go down in the parking lot or the resort he now has a gun that was left in either his car or room. the others/families are also there when he starts shooting where are they going to hide. in the park most likely he would not be able to have a gun on him plus he would not be expecting anything in the park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!