Mandy & Aaron's Wishes Wedding- WEDDING CANCELLED

mandy_22

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am FINALLY within a year of our wedding, so I decided to start my own planning journal! We just got confirmation of our venue choices:
  • Dessert Party : Porte Cochere at the Contemporary 12-10-17 9pm to 10:30pm
  • Ceremony: Wedding Pavilion 12-12-17 5pm
  • Pre-reception: Whitehall Room and Patio 6pm to 7:30pm
  • Reception: Italy Isola 8:00pm to 12:00a
We decided to have an extended cocktail hour because we wanted to have our reception before the sun goes down to get pictures. We also decided to do the cocktail hour because we really want dancing at the reception, and you can't play amplified music in II until the park has cleared (10:30 or 11:00pm) so starting at 8 would allow us to have at least an hour of dancing.

As of now, I have booked Trinity for videography, Regina Hyman for photography, and Reverend Kevin Knox for our officiant.

I've also bought my dress, veil, and tiara! Here are some pics:
IMG_0320.jpg IMG_0326.jpg IMG_0317.jpg IMG_0314.jpg IMG_0311.jpg IMG_0230.jpg

A little about us: My fiancé's name is Aaron and we met in high school, but never talked. Me met again in college through a mutual friend and became really good friends. It took us at least four years to start dating after that. Aaron proposed at the top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas, NV in February of 2015. Scan 1.jpgScan 4.jpg Scan 1 (1).jpgScan 3.jpg

We had engagement photos taken and used them to make our guest book and save the dates:
IMG_7236.jpg IMG_7238.jpg IMG_7239.jpg IMG_7244.jpg IMG_7258.jpg IMG_7259.jpg

For colors, we are looking at purple, red, and green apple. These are based off of a bouquets I found that I love.
IMG_6178.jpg IMG_6177.jpg

I think we will get rid of the pink roses, though.
Based on that we are going to get bridesmaid dresses through David's bridal. Since Aaron and I both only have sisters, we are going to have my tow sisters stand on my side and his two sisters stand on his side. Mine will wear purple (my favorite color) and his will wear red (his favorite color). Here are his sisters in the dresses we picked out. They will be ordered in the right color.
IMG_7333.jpg
Here's the dress his mom picked out and one to match for my mom:
IMG_7330.jpg IMG_7331.jpg

I am planning on making our invitations myself, and here are pictures of the first one I tried. Some of the cuts didn't quite work right, but I think you get the general idea. I added lots of hidden Mickeys! The reception was going to be at ADH, but it was booked, so the final design will have the right locations on it.
IMG_7505.jpg IMG_7501.jpg IMG_7506.jpg IMG_7502.jpg IMG_7503.jpg

I still need to make the RSVP part, so if you have suggestions for wording, let me know!

To save money on floral, I want to make our bouquets out of park maps. Here's my mockup for those:
IMG_6784.jpg IMG_6785.jpg

Then I want to make these for envelope seals for our invitations. I might use purple glitter, but I haven't decided yet.
IMG_7364.jpg

Awesome! I did a park map bouquet and it was a HUGE hit! I think that's what I got complimented on most my whole wedding day. lol. I didn't have the patience to do it myself so I ordered one off of Etsy, but they make for great photos and an awesome keepsake after the wedding is done! Loving your plans so far :)

Awesome! I did a park map bouquet and it was a HUGE hit! I think that's what I got complimented on most my whole wedding day. lol. I didn't have the patience to do it myself so I ordered one off of Etsy, but they make for great photos and an awesome keepsake after the wedding is done! Loving your plans so far :)
Thanks, Lauren! I love the pictures of your bouquets! I loved reading your PJ, and I can't wait to see more pictures!

Love what you are doing so far! Those invitations are amazing!!! And your dress looks wonderful! So excited to follow along!

So we picked dresses for my sisters and ordered them this past friday! We chose to go with David's Bridal because they're supposed to coordinate colors with Men's Warehouse for tuxes.
We chose these colors:
Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 3.29.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-26 at 3.29.51 PM.png
Here are the two styles we chose in their perspective colors:
Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 3.32.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 3.33.31 PM.png
And here are my sisters in their dress styles:
IMG_0525.jpg IMG_0527.jpg
IMG_0530.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter