MAPS: by Robo. WDW places & how to get there.

These maps are amazing Robo. BUT....for some reason I always get confused in EPCOT. To me the park map is upside down. With all the park other maps, you enter from the bottom and work upwards, but with EPCOT, its from the top so you turn it around and it's all upside down. Anyone else have my affliction? (sad)
All of the maps are oriented so that north is at the top.

Your maps are AMAZING!!! And the details are incredible. It's the Disney paper map of Epcot that confuses me.
Thank you so much for your kind words about my maps.
I just did a quick search for Disney printed "Epcot" (and "EPCOT Center") maps.

They have actually been issued in many "angles" over time.
Below are just two.Epcot H.jpg epcot-map V.jpg

:thanks:The first map is not too bad to read...it flows up as we are walking. But for the second one, I have to turn it upside down to get my bearings and all the info is upside down. It must be just me. :upsidedow :confused: It won't stop us from going. It's our go to place for our favourite treats.:mickeybar

Do they still carry printed maps in the parks? I emailed Disney guest services to have some mailed to me and they wouldn't do it, just said to look on the website. There are lots of new attractions and Disney Springs is totally different since my last visit in 2012. I prefer looking at the paper map than scrolling over it on my iPad or computer. Any chance someone could mail some to me?

1. Do they still carry printed maps in the parks? I prefer looking at the paper map than scrolling over it on my iPad or computer.
2. Any chance someone could mail some to me?

1. Yes.
2. That's a pretty common request here on the boards.
But, there are dozens of computer scans current maps found on line.
Many of them are posted in a manner that they large enough that you can print very usable copies, yourself.

Great maps and very helpful. Do you have a map of where the electrical water parade goes. I want to view this and looking for the best spot to view it. Closer the better. Thankyou

Great maps and very helpful. Do you have a map of where the electrical water parade goes. I want to view this and looking for the best spot to view it. Closer the better. Thankyou

No maps needed.

It's not actually a "parade."

The water barges are towed to each presentation location (on the lake behind each MK-area resort) and the show is presented
from (mostly) a stationary position at each resort.

Its just a very short (5-7 minutes) "show" that takes place ON the water.

You can see the Electrical Water Pageant from the beaches or Marinas on the open lake side of any of the MK area resorts.

http://allearsnet.com/tp/ewp.htm

Although Electrical Water Pageant generally follows the schedule below... Inclement weather can cause cancellation of the pageant.

Polynesian Resort -- 9 p.m.
Grand Floridian -- 9:15 p.m.
Wilderness Lodge -- 9:35 p.m.
Fort Wilderness -- 9:45 p.m.
Contemporary Resort -- 10:05 p.m.
Magic Kingdom -- 10:20 p.m. (only during extended MK park hours)

Note that when the Magic Kingdom Fireworks are scheduled for 9 p.m., the Electrical Water Pageant runs about 7-20 minutes later.
-------------------

Electrical Water Pageant
The words conjure some phantasmagorical display of
dazzling lightning-like high voltage interplay with glittering aquatic delights, no?

Well...

My favorite saying about these kind of "simple" things comes from Hawkeye Pierce on the old M*A*S*H TV show.
"It's not much, but it's really nothing."

Although I never miss a chance to see it... inappropriate "over-anticipation"
can be built up over the "Electrical Water Pageant".

People seem to be expecting to see "Main Street Electrical Parade on the water",
when it is really closer to seeing oversized "Lite Brite" pegs mounted on some barges,

litebrite_400.jpg

with a "Casio Keyboard" music track.

Casio-Keybd.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I still love it, and it's a piece of WDW History, but first-timers, please don't get your hopes set too HIGH.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you have all your maps here ! In the past I have had to do a search trying to find them. Thank you for all your hard work making them. I just love them and use them a lot.

I'm so glad you have all your maps here ! In the past I have had to do a search trying to find them. Thank you for all your hard work making them. I just love them and use them a lot.

So nice to hear!

On the second post, the magic kingdom entrance gates has a change...

The 2E dock is no longer there and it's now the entrance to the TTC ferry.

On the second post, the magic kingdom entrance gates has a change...

The 2E dock is no longer there and it's now the entrance to the TTC ferry.

OK.
On the list.
Thanks!

sorry some more minor changes I noticed with guest dropoff/taxi/uber/lyft.

hollywood studios: black circle is the guest dropoff where you will find the taxis, ubers and lyft cars. green is how you walk into studios with the new security desk removed and orange is the fastest path when leaving to get to it.

dhs-guestdropoff.jpg

Epcot you didn't have it listed.. 1 thing to note, if someone is dropping off or picking up someone, you stay right after the parking booth and there is a tiny sign that points you to a gap in between the cones and you move into the bus lanes and take them to get there.

EP-guest-uber.jpg

Ak it was only in the large overhead map but if you want to add taxi/uber/lyft/guest dropoff it is located where the green line is.

AK-uber.jpg

Robo - inappropriate "over-anticipation" becomes anticipointment.
We had that at the Hippogriif ride at Harry Potter yesterday.

Anyway, thanks for the maps. I have used them a few times this week. I just wanted to note that I saw Wishes from the California Grill last Sunday and it was great viewing. On Wednesday I was getting off my late FP (and very small seat and leg roomed) Seven Dwarves Mine Ride, when Wishes started. The view near the Be Our Guest restaurant was excellent for the fireworks since they seemed to be set off behind that area. Of course the lower fireworks are set off near the castle so we were ping ponging our heads for some of it. The entire effect over the castle was lost, but the lovely high fireworks were seen in full display from a great view. Over the Beast castle not the Cinderella castle, I guess. Not sure if that is worth mentioning for the maps, but putting it out there.

Robo - inappropriate "over-anticipation" becomes anticipointment.
We had that at the Hippogriif ride at Harry Potter yesterday.

Anyway, thanks for the maps. I have used them a few times this week. I just wanted to note that I saw Wishes from the California Grill last Sunday and it was great viewing. On Wednesday I was getting off my late FP (and very small seat and leg roomed) Seven Dwarves Mine Ride, when Wishes started. The view near the Be Our Guest restaurant was excellent for the fireworks since they seemed to be set off behind that area. Of course the lower fireworks are set off near the castle so we were ping ponging our heads for some of it. The entire effect over the castle was lost, but the lovely high fireworks were seen in full display from a great view. Over the Beast castle not the Cinderella castle, I guess. Not sure if that is worth mentioning for the maps, but putting it out there.

Ah, yes. "anticipointment." ;)

Thanks for the review of Wishes from near 7DMT in Fantasyland.
It might make it to a map, one of these days.

Ah, yes. "anticipointment." ;)

Thanks for the review of Wishes from near 7DMT in Fantasyland.
It might make it to a map, one of these days.

if you end up doing this, I caught wishes from a new spot I wasn't even aware you could see them from. It was back near the entrance of barnstormer. you can't see the close to castle fireworks but the high altitude looked larger and closer than anywhere else i've seen them from. almost nobody else around and was a nice new way to experience them. I also love close up large fireworks, it reminded me a little of the old star wars fireworks when it was fired from inside the park and how in the face that was.

How long would it take to walk from the Boardwalk Resort to Epcot International gateway? Are we better off to wait for a boat? It's hard for me to judge the distance looking at the map. Thanks!

How long would it take to walk from the Boardwalk Resort to Epcot International gateway? Are we better off to wait for a boat? It's hard for me to judge the distance looking at the map. Thanks!

10 minutes maybe? I definitely wouldn't bother with the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!