MAPS: by Robo. WDW places & how to get there.

Hi, Robo. I love your maps. How often do Google Maps usually update WDW area? I was trying to see if EPCOT Handicap Parking has moved or changed with all of the park front areas under construction over the past year.

I see MK Handicap Parking is the same.
I see DHS Handicap Parking has been updated with Skyliner, etc.
I'm not sure about EPCOT & AK.
Hi Ray!
Unfortunately, the on-line map services can be very slow to update, and those updates can be on a completely unpredictable schedule.
Best procedure is to frequently check the online map image sites for updates.

I see that you have posted a new thread Walt Disney World Handicap Parking Areas at Parks and Resorts on the disABILITIES! forum.
I will put a link to this thread on my Maps first post.

Hi Ray!
Unfortunately, the on-line map services can be very slow to update, and those updates can be on a completely unpredictable schedule.
Best procedure is to frequently check the online map image sites for updates.

I see that you have posted a new thread Walt Disney World Handicap Parking Areas at Parks and Resorts on the disABILITIES! forum.
I will put a link to this thread on my Maps first post.

Oh my, Robo. I don't think I have anywhere near the quality of work as you have. Thank you. I'll have to do better.

Hi
I got contacted by a friend who, "Wants some tips on going to Disney World." I thought I'd start them with a map of the whole area. I can't seem to find a relatively new one. One looks like the Monorail is all one line. Another has Dixie Landings as a resort.

Any place you can direct me to?

Thanks

WDW-Prop_081717_zpsykbydx5a.jpg

Hi Robo,

We will be staying at YC. I am hoping to walk to DHS. I thought I remembered in the past seeing a path on the left side of the water way while taking the boat toward DHS. I heard there is a shorter walk with a 'short cut' through BW near their pool area? I tried to look it up on your maps. I thought I saw something but it wasn't clear and looked like you walk through the building? Also do you come out of BW to walk on that left side of the water going toward DHS or the right side? About how long is it? Thanks so much for your help!

Hi Robo,

We will be staying at YC. I am hoping to walk to DHS. I thought I remembered in the past seeing a path on the left side of the water way while taking the boat toward DHS.
1. I heard there is a shorter walk with a 'short cut' through BW near their pool area?
2. I thought I saw something but it wasn't clear and looked like you walk through the building? Also do you come out of BW to walk on that left side of the water going toward DHS or the right side?
3. About how long is it?

1. When walking from Yacht Club directly to DHS, you don't pass in front of Boardwalk, so there's no need to use the "short cut."
(See the orange line on the top image below.)

But, for others who may view these posts and want further info:

2. There is a doorway you pass through to walk through the BW pool area.
You stay on the same side of the waterway as Boardwalk. (See second photo below.)

3. The walk from Epcot International Gateway takes about 25 min. or so.
Walking from other locations can be approximately that long, give or take.

DHS-Epcot-IG_012311.jpg

Bdwk-Pool-CU_042512.jpg

1. When walking from Yacht Club directly to DHS, you don't pass in front of Boardwalk, so there's no need to use the "short cut."

You stay on the same side of the waterway as Boardwalk. (See second photo below.)

I LOVE YOUR MAPS!! Is there a current one for Disney Springs?

DHS-Epcot-IG_012311.jpg

Bdwk-Pool-CU_042512.jpg
Going from Swan to HS, is there a way to stay on the other side of the water from the walking path and still be able to get there?

Can you explain? I'm looking on google earth and can see what looks like a lot like a path on that side of the water. Am I crazy?
There is no guest accessible pathway that connects DHS and the Swan on that side (west) of the lake.

@Robo Your maps are awesome! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this(Mods feel free to move this if it should go a different place ;) but we are a family of 8 with 6 kids going to WDW for the first time ever at the end of May & my kids love looking at the actual paper maps so I wondered if anyone who is local would be willing to send us some for each park to help surprise my kids? :) I would be happy to pay for postage! TIA :)

Hello! I am absolutely terrible with directions and maps. And looking at the Disney maps is anxiety provoking, lol. They pack SO MUCH into them and draw so much on them I can't even begin to follow them. I am looking for very simple and easy to read maps that only list the basics, and preferably with the names of the attractions and restaurants ON the spot on the map, instead of just a number I then have to look at a key for. I'm not interested in bathroom locations, picture spots, character greetings, popcorn wagons, or anything other than attractions and actual restaurants...for all four parks.

Does something like maps for dummies exist that I can print out??

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!