Marathon Photo

jnw717

Earning My Ears
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone knew what kind of pricing MarathonPhoto has and if they have people taking character photos similar to Photopass photogs? I have looked on the website for pricing but couldn't find any and didn't know if it was something that needed to be pre-purchased or not.

Below is the pricing from the MarathonFoto website for picture packages for last year's Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. I didn't stop for any character photos but it appears that there were photographers there taking pictures of racers with them based on some of the photo categories. Since I can still order photos from this race, I don't think there is a need to pre-purchase, although perhaps they offer a discount for doing so?

Memory CD

This enhanced CD Includes full resolution digital images of all your photos as seen on your My Photos page. It also provides Race Highlights photos showing behind the scenes shots, iconic images from the event and professionally captured images of the front runners. All images are for you to keep, share and print. In addition, there is a slide show set to music that includes a full screen view of your photos and race highlights.

Includes $20 to spend at Shutterfly.
$79.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Premium Download

Full resolution printable images of all your personal photos and special Race highlights for you to keep, share and print.

Click here to view the premium photos included with this great new product. $74.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download All Images

Full resolution digital images of all your photos seen on My Photos page for you to keep, share and print.

$69.95

Single Image Download

Full resolution digital image of the chosen image shown for you to keep, share and print.

$29.95

My 3 Favorite Image Downloads

"Save BIG" on your 3 Image Downloads these photos are for you to keep, share and print. This product is nonrefundable.

$44.95

Photo Products

5x7 Packages - Our Best Print Value.
Click view and order to save up to 50% on prints. Select the prints you want and save! Starting at $14.95

8x10 Photo

Indicate the desired quantity and photo finish below for your chosen image. Click "ADD TO CART" when finished. Click here to learn more about our photo finish options.

1 8x10 Photo - Starting at $20.95 Standard - $20.95 each Laminated - $23.95 each Metallic - $27.95 each 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Artistic Signature Photo

Proudly display your achievements with this 8x10 Artistic Signature Photo featuring your 4x6 photo, name and finish time on a custom background. $24.95

Design Your Own Collage

Choose any four vertical photos of you or select from the gallery photos. Drop 3 wallet-size and 1 4x6 image of you into a custom background. Finished product is 10x14. $39.95

Race Finish Border Photo

You can now display your accomplishment with this 8x10 finisher photo featuring your finish line photo or photo of your choice with your finish time. $24.95

Triple Print

A personalized 11x14 print with 3 photos chosen by you, plus your name and finish time. A great way to remember your accomplishment. Note - all photos must be vertically orientated. $59.95

2 Image 10x14 Collage

This 10x14 Collage, displays 2-photos of you available in four colors. $39.95

3 Image 10x18 Collage

This 10x18 Collage, displays 3-photos of you available in four colors. $44.95

4 Image 10x24 Collage

This 10x24 Collage, displays 4-images of you available in four colors $49.95

Greeting Cards

Your photo and optional message on thank you cards printed on Kodak Professional Metallic Paper with envelopes. A perfect way to keep in touch with friends or thank sponsors. Starting at $29.95

Presentation Products

Deluxe Shadowbox

This elegant 27x21 frame displays two 8x12 photos of your choice along with the race name and date. Additional shipping charges may apply. This product cannot be shipped to a PO Box. Please provide a physical address when entering shipping information. $124.95

Medal Plaque

The Black Medal Plaque includes the following features: Large 12x15 inch Plaque Board 8x10 color print you hand select from your photo gallery after the event Color Race Logo and exclusive signature art Your Name and Finish Time printed Official Finisher's Medal Photos are laminated and mounted on Brushed Silver Aluminum. $129.95

Achievement Edition Plaque

This 12x15 plaque features two 6x7.5 photos of you. It also includes your event logo along with your name and finish time (optional). Outside USA additional shipping charges apply. This product cannot be shipped to a PO Box. Please provide a physical address when entering shipping information. $89.95

Classic Shadowbox

Classic Shadowbox with 8x10 Photo and Event Logo: This 12x20 Shadowbox highlights your accomplishment with an 8x10 photo of your choice along with the event logo and your name and finish time (optional). Additional shipping charge applies. $89.95

Commemorative Edition Plaque

This 9x12 plaque features one 5x7 photo of you as well as your event logo, your name and finish time (optional). Outside USA additional shipping charges apply. This product cannot be shipped to a PO Box. Please provide a physical address when entering shipping information. $69.95

Bib Plaque

12x9 Bib Plaque $69.95

2 Image Framed Collage

This Framed 10x14 Collage, displays 2-photos of you available in four colors. $69.95

3 Image Framed Collage

This Framed 10x14 Collage, displays 3-photos of you available in four colors. $79.95

4 Image Framed Collage

This Framed 10x24 Multi-Event Collage, displays 4-images of you available in four colors. $89.95

Special Combination Products

CD and Framed Collage

Framed 2 photo Collage packaged with a Memory CD: This product displays two photos of your choice in a 10x14 black frame. Plus a CD of all the full resolution digital images seen on your $99.95

Download and Framed Collage

Download All and 2 Image Framed Collage: This product displays two photos of your choice in a 10x14 black frame. Plus a download of all the full resolution digital images seen on your $99.95

Matt

Yes, at all the character stops there will be a Marathonfoto photographer. You can stop there and Marathonfoto will take your picture. There is usually also a Disney employee there that will take a picture with your phone/camera if you want.

There are also Marathonfoto photographers at random spots along the race course to take "action" shots of you--and the finish line too.

A few days after the race (and some races I've run, even in less than 24 hours!) you can go to the Marathonfoto website and enter your last name and the race name and it will bring up the photos. If you don't see "all" your photos, check back a few days later--but even then, I know there were a few that I took that didn't show up on my account. For example, I ran one race with some friends and we stopped for pics together. Some of those photos only showed up on my friends' account, even though my bib number was clearly visible.

Oh, which reminds me, make sure your race bib is clearly visible the whole race so that Marathonfoto will be able to identify which photos are yours. Sometimes you'll see "unidentified photos" because the runner has their bib on the side of their shorts, or they had it on their long sleeve jacket and then took off the jacket to tie around their waist when it got hot, etc.

Oh, which reminds me, make sure your race bib is clearly visible the whole race so that Marathonfoto will be able to identify which photos are yours. Sometimes you'll see "unidentified photos" because the runner has their bib on the side of their shorts, or they had it on their long sleeve jacket and then took off the jacket to tie around their waist when it got hot, etc.

Or make sure your running belt has not creeped up over your bib at the very beginning of the race.

Sigh..mine did during my first marathon last year. Didnt' notice until the end when the photographer went to take a picture of me and my medal. She asked if she could move the belt lower to see my bib number. I knew I was doomed. Yup..didn't have a single picture. I had to look through thousands to find all of mine!!

Or make sure your running belt has not creeped up over your bib at the very beginning of the race.

Sigh..mine did during my first marathon last year. Didnt' notice until the end when the photographer went to take a picture of me and my medal. She asked if she could move the belt lower to see my bib number. I knew I was doomed. Yup..didn't have a single picture. I had to look through thousands to find all of mine!!

Some running belts have little toggles that you can use to attach your bib! I use an Fitletic belt--they are at most of the expos for major races, including Disney ones. LOVE it!

Also, I've been finding some of their products lately at TJ Maxx and Marshalls for about half price. I think it's because their products use to say "ifitness" but then they changed to "fitletic"--the ones I've seen at the discount stores say "ifitness."

Some running belts have little toggles that you can use to attach your bib! I use an Fitletic belt--they are at most of the expos for major races, including Disney ones. LOVE it!

Also, I've been finding some of their products lately at TJ Maxx and Marshalls for about half price. I think it's because their products use to say "ifitness" but then they changed to "fitletic"--the ones I've seen at the discount stores say "ifitness."

I have the ifitness one! I'll have to check to see if it has the toggles. Although I'd think it might bother me being that low. Doesn't it get in the way of your legs?

Luckily for half marathons, I don't need a belt because I can fit fuel in my armband but I am going to be diligent next marathon!

We are funning as a family, will I be able to have all of our photos on the memory cd or download plan or just each individual bib number?

We are funning as a family, will I be able to have all of our photos on the memory cd or download plan or just each individual bib number?

Each bib number will have it's own "account." So if you really just want the "posed" pictures (of all of you with characters, or of all of you after the race with your medals, etc.) then you can just order pics from one of the accounts. If you wanted the "action" shots---the ones just taken randomly along the course or crossing the finish line, etc. then it is likely that not all of you will be in the same pictures--depending on how large your family group is, how close together you are running, the angle and distance the picture is taken, etc.

I don't think Marathonfoto will let you combine runners of a family for the picture purchasing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter