Marathon Proof Time... How is it calculated?

Mouse_Chaser

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone :wave:

I'm not a new runner, but I am new to Disney Running!
I've completed a couple of 15K and a couple of half marathons. So, I took the leap and signed up for the WDW Marathon in January 2018, MY FIRST!

I really want to move up in corrals with a proof of time. So I'm going to try for a couple more local races before the October deadline.

Does runDisney use overall pace, or do they calculate you to be slower for a longer distance?

Also, when I signed up I picked a time that doesn't REQUIRE proof, can I still move up with Proof or am I stuck there?

TIA as I try to figure out my training plans

You can change your expected finish time, along with submitting your supporting PoT, on your active.com registration. The deadline is October 3. Disney will take a 10 mile, half marathon or marathon time as PoT for the full. If you provide a 1/2 time, they will use a finish time calculator (not exactly sure which, but there are many. McMillan is a common one)

You can change your expected finish time, along with submitting your supporting PoT, on your active.com registration. The deadline is October 3. Disney will take a 10 mile, half marathon or marathon time as PoT for the full. If you provide a 1/2 time, they will use a finish time calculator (not exactly sure which, but there are many. McMillan is a common one)
Thank you for your help. It's good know that I'm not stuck in a longer race time, as long as I can prove it.

They use the McMillan pace calculator to predict your time from your submitted 10 mile, half marathon or full marathon race distance. You can update it as you get faster.

Looks like a 2:35 HM puts you into the 5:30 marathon corral. I would just keep training and do your best.

They use the McMillan pace calculator to predict your time from your submitted 10 mile, half marathon or full marathon race distance. You can update it as you get faster.

Looks like a 2:35 HM puts you into the 5:30 marathon corral. I would just keep training and do your best.

Thanks.

I picked the 5:30 finish since I didn't have a proof of time. However, yesterday I finished my long run (8 miles) at an 11:07 pace.
I was hoping by October I could be in a sub 5 hour corral, which would give me a time cushion for photo ops :)

I'm signed up for a local (flat) 10 miler in 8 weeks. So, I hope that helps :)

Also, if after my 10 mile race, using the Mcmillan pace calculator, my pace isn't below a sub 5 hour marathon, should I send it in anyway. Would it get me one of the top sub 5:30 corrals?

Always send a time if you have it, just to try for a corral other than the last one. Also, as pictures go, the 16/mile pace starts after the last person of the last corral; so you'll have some cushion for photos even if you're in the last corral (start toward front).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter