Marathon Weekend 2016

None of the big, well known marathons (NY, Boston, etc.) hold much appeal for me. I have no personal connection to the cities and, in general, don't really have much affinity for large cities anyway. I have the pipe dream of one day achieving a Boston qualifying time, but I don't think I'll really care to run the race even if I do reach that goal. I can understand why those races are more important to other runners and am happy to leave the spots open for them.

I know, but that still doesn't make me want to pay to enter a lottery. Plus, the fee for the Disney marathon, and pretty much all other marathons, is nowhere near as much as the fee for New York.

I actually like the way the NYC marathon is set up just because there is that idea of qualifying through running a certain number of races. I think it's set up in a way that encourages local runners to do it because it's easier for them to get in (not that it's easy to get in, but if you're going to run local races anyway, if you're in NY, run the NYRR races that will qualify you for the marathon).

I have no idea what the lottery fees are, so I can't comment on that. I also have no interest in running a marathon, so this doesn't really affect me. But if I was going to run the NYC marathon, I wouldn't enter the lottery - I'd run the required number of races to qualify. But I can do that because I live in NY and these races are easy for me to get to. If you don't live in NY, it doesn't pay to travel to 9-10 races just to qualify for the marathon.

I know, but that still doesn't make me want to pay to enter a lottery. Plus, the fee for the Disney marathon, and pretty much all other marathons, is nowhere near as much as the fee for New York.
It is $225. Sounds like a lot of money until you take into account what it costs the city. Again, considering costs, Disney is much, much more expensive.

Fyi- the leftover merch hit the outlets. There was a ton of shirts, handfuls of other stuff, few jackets.

The stuff i saw was 70% off

How far away are the outlets? I will be up for the Princess and might head over there.

I don't know exactly how far but I did an Uber fare estimator as DD26 and I are headed to the Vineland outlet on Monday and it waas $7-9 each way. :)

ETA: That is from All Star Sports to Vinelane Outlets

Bad news for me. I was just laid off from my job. Unless I can get something else lined up in the next two weeks, I don't see how I can possibly do the marathon. I'm so sad and disappointed.

I know this thread is now mostly dormant, but I wanted to provide a small personal update.

After several interviews at a few different companies, I was recently offered a new job and will be starting next week! I wanted to send a big thank you again to everyone who posted words of encouragement for me, both for my job search and my marathon journey. I'm so happy that I was able to make it to the marathon despite the layoff. Finishing the marathon was such an emotional experience. Crossing the finish line I was overrun with so many incredible emotions, and an overwhelming sense of accomplishment. I have no doubt that finishing the marathon helped to give me the additional boost of confidence I needed to land a new job. It was so comforting to know there was a supportive, positive community here on the boards, and I truly appreciate all of the kind and uplifting words of encouragement.

I know this thread is now mostly dormant, but I wanted to provide a small personal update.

After several interviews at a few different companies, I was recently offered a new job and will be starting next week! I wanted to send a big thank you again to everyone who posted words of encouragement for me, both for my job search and my marathon journey. I'm so happy that I was able to make it to the marathon despite the layoff. Finishing the marathon was such an emotional experience. Crossing the finish line I was overrun with so many incredible emotions, and an overwhelming sense of accomplishment. I have no doubt that finishing the marathon helped to give me the additional boost of confidence I needed to land a new job. It was so comforting to know there was a supportive, positive community here on the boards, and I truly appreciate all of the kind and uplifting words of encouragement.

Congrats!!!

The news of your perseverance and accomplishments made my day! Thanks for letting us know!! Best to you :)

I was wondering because there wasn't one with my purse and there is always a special tag for the Race Weekend. I sent an email to Rundisney....trying to find out any information.... This was my first purse ever and I wanted that tag...lol

I was wondering because there wasn't one with my purse and there is always a special tag for the Race Weekend. I sent an email to Rundisney....trying to find out any information.... This was my first purse ever and I wanted that tag...lol
I'll have to check.

Thanks so much....I appreciate it....I'm trying to find out what I can....I have written a few emails...and have a friend waiting on her purse too....she hasn't had it delivered yet....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter