Marathon Weekend 2018

I'll be signing up for the Goofy. This year's Wine and Dine was my first half, and I'm hooked. With a busy job and two high school kids, I don't think I'll have time to train properly for a full marathon, so I think I'll try to run next year's half for time, and then do the marathon for fun.

I'm not a definite yes that it will actually happen, but I am without a doubt considering going for the marathon. I can't think of more motivation for marathon training than Disney, and what is sure to be an amazing race with it being the 25th Anniversary. I'm seeing and hearing people's accomplishments from this year and I want it so bad. We'll see what happens!

I'm trying to decide which race to do as my first RunDisney race and this half-marathon is definitely high on my consideration list! I guess I am mostly worried about the temperature or weather. If it's going to be as cold as you all say it was, that's a huge issue for me.

I'm trying to decide which race to do as my first RunDisney race and this half-marathon is definitely high on my consideration list! I guess I am mostly worried about the temperature or weather. If it's going to be as cold as you all say it was, that's a huge issue for me.

Last year was over 70 and humid for the marathon. This year there were wind chills in the 20's. There are no guarantees with any race. I've now run 17 individual races during Marathon Weekend and the majority have been very temperate including both the 5k and 10k this year.

ETA: Don't let the weather scare you away. It's more than worth the risk. :-)

Florida in the winter can go many ways. When my husband and I got married in the middle of winter - it was almost 90! The next year when we returned for our anniversary, it was a popsicle.

If its cold, layer up!

If its warm, wear less!

Since the half didn't go off this year I will be in for that in 2018, unless I have a complete mental lapse and go for the full! Right now I am in a strong half only state of mind... but never say never!

Given a successful registration, I plan to be back for my third Dopey and fourth WDW Marathon. Already saving up!

i'm debating coming back for the anniversary Dopey (I did the inaugural in 2014) or doing the Kessel Challenge. decisions decisions...

So Random question.... Does next year become the 20th Half because there wasn't one this year? Is so it'll be 25th Marathon, 20th half marathon, 25th 5k and 5th Dopey.

I'm in for Dopey if registration works out.

Edited based based on Rteetz fixing my brain fart.

Last edited:
So Random question.... Does next year become the 10th Half because there wasn't one this year? Is so it'll be 25th Marathon, 10th half maratho,n 25th 5k and 5th Dopey.

I'm in for Dopey if registration works out.
20th not 10th :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter