Marathon Weekend 2018

Quick Question. I'm flying in early on Saturday morning and will be running the Marathon on Sunday (first one, yeah!!). The best flight I could get was super early Saturday morning. I'll arrive in Orlando at 10:30am. Staying at Carribbean Beach (aka. constuction sight) and taking the Disney Magical Express and worrying about getting to the expo on time for pickup. I believe it closes at 3pm Saturday. I'm also flying out of Wisconsin, so hopefully weather isn't a factor. Just looking for some reassurance since there seem to be a lot of people that know their stuff on this board. By my estimates, I figure I'll arrive at the hotel around noonish, figuring a half hour or so for check-in, then who knows how long for a bus and heading right to the packet pick up area hopefully around 1:30ish?? Sound about right, or am I way off??
That seems reasonable barring any delays. I’m flying from Wisconsin as well but on Wednesday.

Quick Question. I'm flying in early on Saturday morning and will be running the Marathon on Sunday (first one, yeah!!). The best flight I could get was super early Saturday morning. I'll arrive in Orlando at 10:30am. Staying at Carribbean Beach (aka. constuction sight) and taking the Disney Magical Express and worrying about getting to the expo on time for pickup. I believe it closes at 3pm Saturday. I'm also flying out of Wisconsin, so hopefully weather isn't a factor. Just looking for some reassurance since there seem to be a lot of people that know their stuff on this board. By my estimates, I figure I'll arrive at the hotel around noonish, figuring a half hour or so for check-in, then who knows how long for a bus and heading right to the packet pick up area hopefully around 1:30ish?? Sound about right, or am I way off??

You should be fine. RD website shows it closing at 3:30 (versus last year 4 pm). And no need to do check-in right away (or do online), so you could buy a little time if you ended up with a flight delay.

That seems reasonable barring any delays. I’m flying from Wisconsin as well but on Wednesday.
Thought about heading down on Friday, but with kids school and everything Friday night flights were not very appealing. Thanks for the reassurance. Worrying more about getting to the race than actually running it!!

You should be fine. RD website shows it closing at 3:30 (versus last year 4 pm). And no need to do check-in right away (or do online), so you could buy a little time if you ended up with a flight delay.
Thanks for the info!!

Some LE Marathon shirts on the Disney Store website...they kind of have a late 80s/early 90s flair, maybe they're supposed to take y'all back to 90s when the first marathon happened?

https://www.shopdisney.com/property...res=&redirect=true&rsize=281&rquery=rundisney
Those are neat. If everything looks retroish that would be super cool to me! I'm half tempted to order one for myself & my brother, but really don't need more cotton tshirts & want to hold out for what's at the expo.

That plan sounds reasonable. I think your contingency plans in case of delays are 1. Skip check in, either because you've done it online or can do it later in the day. 2. If things go moderately pear shaped, skip ME totally and take an uber directly to the expo. If your flights delayed so much that you land after 2pm that would probably be my choice. 3. If your flight is so delayed you miss the expo entirely, don't fret completely. I know in years past for people who had flight issues (there was a year where a lot of people were dealing with cancelled flights because of snow storms) they have let those people do race morning packet pickup. I would call and email runDisney immediately if that happens though.

Kellsie’s Hope Charity has 1 Goofy and Dopey available if anyone wants it. Goofy is $900 Charity requirement; while Dopey is $1100. No park tickets or room required. :)

I'm doing something similar. My light lands in Orlando on Saturday morning at 8:40am and I'm running the marathon Sunday as my first full too :) We're staying at POR. I had no idea the expo closed earlier on Saturday! I'm glad you mentioned that. It should be fine but now I know, no dilly dallying :)

But...but...it’s THE 90s!!! Gotta love the 90s! :teeth: Those T-shirts totally remind me of the Saved By the Bell theme song.

Excuse me while I go rock out to my 90s playlist on Spotify (seriously) :music:

....I graduated HS and college in the 90s...got married in the 90s...my oldest DD was born in the 90s...

Grunge...no thanks...weird pastel colors...no thanks...

Saved By the Bell though...yes, please! :worship:

OMG they really do look like the Saved By the Bell opening :rotfl2: ... and now that song is stuck in my head.
You're welcome ;)
....I graduated HS and college in the 90s...got married in the 90s...my oldest DD was born in the 90s...

Grunge...no thanks...weird pastel colors...no thanks...

Saved By the Bell though...yes, please! :worship:
giphy.gif

Those retro shirts are cool! When trying to decide on my size I clicked on the size chart, and it seems . . . . off. For a woman's medium size, it corresponds with a 17 inch waist. I think that was my waist size in middle school?? :confused3

That plan sounds reasonable. I think your contingency plans in case of delays are 1. Skip check in, either because you've done it online or can do it later in the day. 2. If things go moderately pear shaped, skip ME totally and take an uber directly to the expo. If your flights delayed so much that you land after 2pm that would probably be my choice. 3. If your flight is so delayed you miss the expo entirely, don't fret completely. I know in years past for people who had flight issues (there was a year where a lot of people were dealing with cancelled flights because of snow storms) they have let those people do race morning packet pickup. I would call and email runDisney immediately if that happens though.
Great ideas!! Wish I could say I would have thought of all of them....but I probably wouldn't have!! Sounds like I have a lot of options!!

Those retro shirts are cool! When trying to decide on my size I clicked on the size chart, and it seems . . . . off. For a woman's medium size, it corresponds with a 17 inch waist. I think that was my waist size in middle school?? :confused3

I noticed that too. I think (and I could be quite wrong) that Disney is listing the measurements of the shirt if it is laid flat (i.e., not the front and back circumference, instead just a flat measurement taken on the front of the shirt). That's the only way this makes sense to me ... I mean come on, a 17 inch waist?

I laid flat and measured a few of my shirts like this with a ruler, and Disney's listed measurements make a lot more sense if this is the case. HOWEVER - proceed at your own risk, I could be totally wrong and these shirts are maybe for tiny grade-schoolers. !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter