Marathon Weekend 2018

I noticed that too. I think (and I could be quite wrong) that Disney is listing the measurements of the shirt if it is laid flat (i.e., not the front and back circumference, instead just a flat measurement taken on the front of the shirt). That's the only way this makes sense to me ... I mean come on, a 17 inch waist?

I laid flat and measured a few of my shirts like this with a ruler, and Disney's listed measurements make a lot more sense if this is the case. HOWEVER - proceed at your own risk, I could be totally wrong and these shirts are maybe for tiny grade-schoolers. !!
Yeah that could be, but it is a really weird to show their sizes. I have a feeling it's just a mistake. Maybe those are the sizes for girls sizing?? In any case, it's making me not want to buy the shirt now so it's probably for the best haha

But...but...it’s THE 90s!!! Gotta love the 90s! :teeth: Those T-shirts totally remind me of the Saved By the Bell theme song.

Excuse me while I go rock out to my 90s playlist on Spotify (seriously) :music:

Check out this video from the very first WDW Marathon weekend (1994).The video starts showing packet pickup at Downtown Disney,in the first 20 seconds of the video you'll see what appears to be the exact same shirt,its like they went back in time 25 years!!If we get some crazy pastel colors in our official race shirts I'd be fine with it,too many of the race shirts lately are looking alike,A.K.A getting boring,a white shirt with teal,pink and purple would be unique!!

Last edited:
Check out this video from the very first WDW Marathon weekend (1994).The video starts showing packet pickup at Downtown Disney,in the first 20 seconds of the video you'll see what appears to be the exact same shirt,its like they went back in time 25 years!!If we get some crazy pastel colors in our official race shirts I'd be fine with it,too many of the race shirts lately are looking alike,A.K.A getting boring,a white shirt with teal,pink and purple would be unique!!

This is amazing. I remember back when race packet pickups were at Pleasure Island! I can't remember which race it was, but once I picked up my packet in Motion (the dance club) and it was literally just a folding table and two cast members.

I bought the limited edition marathon shirts ... love the throwbacks!!

Those colors in that 25th anniversary shirt remind me of Miami Vice! I am too superstitious to order one anyways this far out from the race!

Anyone know when we might get the course maps??

Usually 2-3 weeks out from the event. Maybe the second week of December? I want to be wrong and have them sooner!

Anyone know when we might get the course maps??

Usually 2-3 weeks out from the event. Maybe the second week of December? I want to be wrong and have them sooner!

Looks like last year was December 15th (20 days from expo) when the course maps/event guide started to go live (or be discussed in the Marathon Weekend 2017 thread). Waivers have come out on Dec 8th (2016 Marathon) and Dec 16th (2017 Marathon) the last two years. A similar time frame for these would put the release of the course and waivers between December 5th-15th. Hacker @Keels usually has a good beat on links to follow when the time comes and usually knows when the charities need to turn in some kind of info which is an indicator as to when things get finalized.

Good morning, runDisney All-Stars!

I just wanted to say that although I won’t be participating in any rD races next year, I am incredibly thankful for this knowledgeable, insightful, supportive and hilarious little community. I appreciate having a place to plot, plan, commiserate and get my Disney fix. I look forward to getting out on the course with you all again in 2019!

Happy Thanksgiving, gang.

Can someone point me in the direction on FB for the runDisney groups...I do follow the official one but I have no idea about the other ones...inbox me if posting not allowed

Also Happy Thanksgiving! 6 Weeks till our weekend kicks off with the 5K!

Can someone point me in the direction on FB for the runDisney groups...I do follow the official one but I have no idea about the other ones...inbox me if posting not allowed

Also Happy Thanksgiving! 6 Weeks till our weekend kicks off with the 5K!
There are tons of them. Just search runDisney and you should be able to find groups. There are general runDisney ones and then ones about costumes and then ones about runDisney merchandise.

I’m half considering making this weekend another Dopey prep weekend. Ran an over measured 5k this morning to set a PR (!!) and have a 14 miler planned on Saturday. Wondering if i should run 6 tomorrow and then do 18-20 on Sunday. Hmmm. :confused3

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!!!!

I’m half considering making this weekend another Dopey prep weekend. Ran an over measured 5k this morning to set a PR (!!) and have a 14 miler planned on Saturday. Wondering if i should run 6 tomorrow and then do 18-20 on Sunday. Hmmm. :confused3

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!!!!

Listen to your body - if it wants to do that mileage - go for it. But if it doesn't, enjoy the weekend and save the legs for january :)

Listen to your body - if it wants to do that mileage - go for it. But if it doesn't, enjoy the weekend and save the legs for january :)

Got in six easy paced miles today and feel good. I won’t be running as much during actual dopey but I feel great. I think I’m ready and this is probably overkill at this point.

Soo, I may be joining in the fun at Marathon Weekend after all! The travel agent I was in touch with contacted me the other day and due to a cancellation, he has a room available at Coronado Springs for Thursday-Sunday, along with the half marathon bib. It's not official yet but I have to contact him again after the holiday weekend to get the reservation and payment made.

One of the things he needs from me is my annual pass number so RunDisney can confirm and waive the ticket requirement. Does anyone know where I find this number and how many digits I'd be looking for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter