Marathon Weekend 2018

So Random question.... Does next year become the 20th Half because there wasn't one this year? Is so it'll be 25th Marathon, 20th half marathon, 25th 5k and 5th Dopey.

I'm in for Dopey if registration works out.

Edited based based on Rteetz fixing my brain fart.

I don't think they'll be able to do that based on them handing out all of the XX medals this year. You really can't go back. I think this year will end up being the "lost anniversary". Additionally, it becomes much more difficult to keep track of anniversaries if you do that because everyone has to remember the lost year and they can no longer be based on adding 5 year increments to the inaugural year.

I'm in for my first Dopey! Any guesses on how fast Dopey will sell out? I'm getting nervous my friend & I won't get in or one of us won't get in...

I'm paranoid by nature about this stuff so I might be way off, but I'm expecting it to be fast. Possibly only a couple hours. I think there is holdover demand from people who didn't get to do a "full" Dopey this year and the anniversaries will naturally increase demand as well. I know this site tends to draw the fanatics, but I see a lot more people declaring intentions to sign up for Dopey than I do for individual races.

I am also slightly worried that rD will see a non-sellout this year as a reason to split bibs and offer fewer Dopey slots next year. I don't think they are that short-sighted, but I'm not totally willing to give them the benefit of the doubt either.

I want to do Dopey. I think. I really wish I had until after the GSC to make my decision.

Maybe I should just go for it?

I'm paranoid by nature about this stuff so I might be way off, but I'm expecting it to be fast. Possibly only a couple hours. I think there is holdover demand from people who didn't get to do a "full" Dopey this year and the anniversaries will naturally increase demand as well. I know this site tends to draw the fanatics, but I see a lot more people declaring intentions to sign up for Dopey than I do for individual races.

I am also slightly worried that rD will see a non-sellout this year as a reason to split bibs and offer fewer Dopey slots next year. I don't think they are that short-sighted, but I'm not totally willing to give them the benefit of the doubt either.

I think runDisney is expecting marathon weekend 2018 to be in high demand. They were selling packages for it at the expo this year. I think the trend seems to be that the Dopey challenge is growing while others are shrinking even without the anniversary year.

Seeing the Facebook groups and all the people on here I'm worried that sign up is going to be hectic again.

Since the half didn't go off this year I will be in for that in 2018, unless I have a complete mental lapse and go for the full! Right now I am in a strong half only state of mind... but never say never!

Do both! Go Goofy!

I want to do Dopey. I think. I really wish I had until after the GSC to make my decision.

Maybe I should just go for it?

Of course you should!

Probably in for Goofy. But I'm sort of tempted to race the half and volunteer for the full instead.
Probably depends on whether DW wants me to pace her/give her someone to yell at for the full.

So Random question.... Does next year become the 20th Half because there wasn't one this year? Is so it'll be 25th Marathon, 20th half marathon, 25th 5k and 5th Dopey.

I'm in for Dopey if registration works out.

Edited based based on Rteetz fixing my brain fart.
It will also be the 5th anniversary of the 10k!:yay:

Looks like I should be back for my 3rd Dopey. Looking forward to doing finally when I'm fully in shape and not trying to PR something.

We are likely in for the weekend but not sure on which races. I've been set on doing Dopey for over a year but this was such a rough marathon for me this year I really just am not sure I want to go through that again. I know my injuries this year didn't do me any favors, but maybe my marathons are best left behind. :(. I wish the sign ups weren't quite so early. Also hating that race weekend is so early as well.

Anyway, nothing decided for sure yet from us.

How is it that we've gone this long without a thread for next years's marathon weekend? I mean, it's less than 360 days away! I would love for @lhermiston to continue with the Sundays are for Disney questions, but if he doesn't want to, I'm sure we can find others to chip in.

You just HAD to start your own Official Thread, didn't you??!?

Anyway. I'm in for the 5K.

Did @Keels give you the ok to talk someone else in to race? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

FOR REAL.

This guy ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter