Marathon Weekend 2018

Just read that the new arena they just opened at WWOS will be hosting the runDisney Health & Fitness Expos starting with Princess Weekend.

It would be nice if they can figure out a way to set up two merchandise areas again for RD merchandise. Maybe one in the HP Field House and another in the Visa center. Anything to try and reduce the Wednesday mess that happened this year during marathon weekend.

Just read that the new arena they just opened at WWOS will be hosting the runDisney Health & Fitness Expos starting with Princess Weekend.

It would be nice if they can figure out a way to set up two merchandise areas again for RD merchandise. Maybe one in the HP Field House and another in the Visa center. Anything to try and reduce the Wednesday mess that happened this year during marathon weekend.
Yeah I am interested to see how they use the new venue. Its the largest of them all I think?

Not sure if it's true or not, but part of the reason for mess this year on Wednesday was because the expo was supposed to be in the bigger venue this year, but it wasn't ready yet for some reason. So there was some scrambling. Again, I don't know how true it is, but it I hope there's some truth so everyone doing Dopey doesn't have to go through that mess again in 2019.

Here's the link to my photos, the first ones are of the HALF in case anyone is in one, we watched kind of the end of the race & should have taken more but got caught up watching. Then the next ones are of the Marathon course. If you see yourself & want it bigger just message me. Nothing amazing but thought I'd share
http://www.aatphoto.com/WDWJan18/

I called photopass to look for my missing photos at the finish. They found a few that were not good - a lot of runners blocking me. All the finish line photos appear to be taken from only one angle, like they came from the same camera taken seconds apart. My husband who finished at a different time has pics from many different angles. So it seems as if in my case some photographers had their cameras off. :-) Or perhaps there are some still to be uploaded (wishful thinking here).

Done with my race video as well...enjoy

We left late, got caught in horrific traffic on marathon morning and never made it to corral A (had to start with B) but had an absolute blast with two great friends.

3:51 and change with an easy .50 mile over with all the goofing off

More fun over 26.2 miles then I'e ever had (4th Disney Marathon)

We left late, got caught in horrific traffic on marathon morning and never made it to corral A (had to start with B) but had an absolute blast with two great friends.

You weren't the only to not make it corral A...I was in C and saw so many people dashing up to it last minute or a lot were jumping in B or our corral over the railings, it was actually comical from my viewpoint. I had a .5 mile over on my Garmin too. Thanks for sharing the video.

In hindsight, it actually worked out great.

We hit the bus about 4:05 am (from the Boardwalk) and by 4:25 we had not even made it to the bridge next to the Speedway. At that point I started to get a little nervous. Then, two police vehicles passed us (driving on the median) and within in minutes traffic was moving freely. By the time we made it to gear drop, got undressed and walked to the corrals it was like 5:25 so we started to run. The good news was we got to spend almost an hour on a heated bus rather than in the cold but I hated jumping into a corral where people had been patiently waiting for quite a while.

I pled my case to a volunteer that it would be better to let those who missed the A corral to go "between" other waves but my plea went unresolved.

All ended well and our first couple miles were alot slower than we wanted but it didn't damper my day. Still had a blast.

Oh my gosh this video was so much fun! I want to run with you guys! (Can you slow down maybe 3-4 minutes/mile or so? :P)

This post may reflect a wisdom deficiency. This is probably the only audience that would appreciate it. I hope it provides some levity to your day. I hope.

Below is a Photopass picture taken during the half at the castle exit. The left side could be poster for RunDisney - two friends (sisters?), smiling, colorful attire (Anna and Elsa?), enjoying the run, arm in arm. The right side reflects something much different. What in the world is that old man thinking? Is he being chased? Is he falling over? He looks startled or disturbed.

Regardless, I probably ruined it for the girls. Maybe they can crop me out. I guess I need to be more conscientious and accommodating to others for key photopass locations.

upload_2018-1-17_9-56-28.png

This post may reflect a wisdom deficiency. This is probably the only audience that would appreciate it. I hope it provides some levity to your day. I hope.

Below is a Photopass picture taken during the half at the castle exit. The left side could be poster for RunDisney - two friends (sisters?), smiling, colorful attire (Anna and Elsa?), enjoying the run, arm in arm. The right side reflects something much different. What in the world is that old man thinking? Is he being chased? Is he falling over? He looks startled or disturbed.

Regardless, I probably ruined it for the girls. Maybe they can crop me out. I guess I need to be more conscientious and accommodating to others for key photopass locations.

Haha! That photo is perfect! Unfortunately I have a few like that too!

@rootbeerkid that is priceless, if you showed up in my photopass photo with the expression I would think it was amazing, you didn't ruin anything, I love your photo!

@Chaitali Great recap, so sorry you didn't get to finish, but you gave it your all and when your body (knee) says nope there isn't much you can do sometimes. What's crazy is your pace was faster than so many who still got to finish but had that corral advantage. Love your attitude to about it and looks like you had fun! Great trampoline guys shot too!

Last edited:
Photopass found my castle photos, and much quicker than I anticipated (they had them added to my MDR about 24hours after I emailed). Sadly though neither my half nor full castle photo are any good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter