Marathon Weekend 2018

I vote for Poly or Contemporary next time around.

I'm thinking first two nights (Wed and Thurs) at BCV and BWV, then a switch to Poly for three nights (Fri, Sat, Sun). I need more Magic Kingdom, Wishes, and Ohana in my life for the next trip... plus monorail for the half and full.

I'm thinking first two nights (Wed and Thurs) at BCV and BWV, then a switch to Poly for three nights (Fri, Sat, Sun). I need more Magic Kingdom, Wishes, and Ohana in my life for the next trip... plus monorail for the half and full.

We'll need the monorail if the @Keels Kar Kompany isn't operating on race morning.

Did you book through a TA?

We booked straight through Disney. Right now it is a room only and I will change that to a package when they are available. I didn't realize that they changed room booking requirements from 11 months out to 499 day out.

We booked straight through Disney. Right now it is a room only and I will change that to a package when they are available. I didn't realize that they changed room booking requirements from 11 months out to 499 day out.

Well I just learned something new. Good to know. I thought it was 11 months also.

Well I just learned something new. Good to know. I thought it was 11 months also.

It's been 499 days for at least a couple years now. Packages obviously cannot be booked that far out but room only can and only over the phone. You cannot book 499 days out for room only online.

I read on the 17 marathon thread that someone had already booked their room and had a little panic attack knowing that the hotels that we wanted to stay at fill pretty quickly. We wanted to stay at either the beach or yacht so that my mom could walk out and walk back inside.

I read on the 17 marathon thread that someone had already booked their room and had a little panic attack knowing that the hotels that we wanted to stay at fill pretty quickly. We wanted to stay at either the beach or yacht so that my mom could walk out and walk back inside.
Many are already booking packages with runDisney or other agencies that include race registration.

Thinking about doing Dopey in '18. With all the recent chatter about resorts I was wondering what people thought about which are the best resorts to stay at for the marathon weekend. We are DVC members so I was thinking of Boardwalk or Beach Club since they're close to EPCOT and most of the races seem to start there.

Our home resort is the Poly though so we can book that in about a month.

Thinking about doing Dopey in '18. With all the recent chatter about resorts I was wondering what people thought about which are the best resorts to stay at for the marathon weekend. We are DVC members so I was thinking of Boardwalk or Beach Club since they're close to EPCOT and most of the races seem to start there.

LOVED Beach club for the marathon this year but we drove (but we, I mean @Keels was kind enough to haul our lazy wanna sleep late selves to the start) then I took bus back (nice warm ride while I took a little cat nap). I would not recommend walking back to Beach Club or Boardwalk though Epcot on Marathon day. It took DH and my mom almost an hour to get from Soarin' to Beach Club due to traffic control for runners. I don't have any experience with the monorail resorts for a race but hoping to try it out in 2018. We are big Epcot and DHS fans so Beach club made it easy to do quick park trips during the day.

I would book Poly at the 11 month window and then check back on availability for BCV and BWV at the 7 month window. BCV might be tough since their are fewer rooms compounded by check-in dates overlapping with the already established holiday crowds. Better chance for BWV due to it's size. Nonetheless, the EPCOT resorts are fun to be at for race weekend but if you had to have a fallback the Poly's not bad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter